+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

mahidhar

Mar 23, 2016
Hi Everyone, my spouse is June 2021 applicant with a dependant child (1 year ), we recently received PPR, however, the PPR mentioned only my wife's name, should I wait for my daughters or send both passports in envelop?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi Everyone, my spouse is June 2021 applicant with a dependant child (1 year ), we recently received PPR, however, the PPR mentioned only my wife's name, should I wait for my daughters or send both passports in envelop?
If you read carefully the PPR should say principal applicant plus 'for each accompanying family member.'

So do not wait, submit now.

iliveinbanff

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-04-2019
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
Med's Request
19-12-2019
Good morning, Please no bashing as i need help. Asking for a friend, Is it possible for her to sponsor his fiancee who lives in the US but he is undocumented and living in the US for quit awhile. Thank you for all your input.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Good morning, Please no bashing as i need help. Asking for a friend, Is it possible for her to sponsor his fiancee who lives in the US but he is undocumented and living in the US for quit awhile. Thank you for all your input.
Assuming you mean her fiancé: yes, but not as fiancé. She will either have to marry him or sponsor as common law - this possible only if they lived together for 12 months continuous in the past and can prove it.

Marrying: as far as I'm aware it's not required to be 'legal' in the USA to get married (nor in Canada), but I'm not an expert. Note he'll also at some point need passport.

Very important: when applying, he MUST be truthful about his overstay/status in USA.

iliveinbanff

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-04-2019
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
Med's Request
19-12-2019
Assuming you mean her fiancé: yes, but not as fiancé. She will either have to marry him or sponsor as common law - this possible only if they lived together for 12 months continuous in the past and can prove it.

Marrying: as far as I'm aware it's not required to be 'legal' in the USA to get married (nor in Canada), but I'm not an expert. Note he'll also at some point need passport.

Very important: when applying, he MUST be truthful about his overstay/status in USA.
Thank you for your response. I really appreciate it.

Reactions: armoured

applicant0987

Nov 11, 2022
i am october 2021 applicant received adr 3 weeks back
does anybody know how much time they take to responsd and send ppr?
my background check is complete and eligibility in progress
visa office london

Irish Mae

Sep 12, 2022
Philippines
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
September 14, 2022
Hello everyone,
I've applied for spousal sponsorship inland online.
Application sent Nov 7
Application returned Nov 9
When i reapply after the return, should i change the dates of the other documents or just the one that was incomplete?
Why did they returned

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
I have a friend who was in same situation he moved her to back home before she gets deported or to avoid any bad consequences. After marriage applied for spousal through lawyer and his file got approved for granting PR. Remember the overstay will be indicated based on the stay information they ask in application and as long as FBI certificate doenst have any criminal record it is good. But i suggest you to take the process through lawyer to avoid negative impact on file applying on our own by missing to provide some information where lawyers may have idea as they see more different cases in their exp. But it will be easier if they get married rather than common law.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
But i suggest you to take the process through lawyer to avoid negative impact on file applying on our own by missing to provide some information where lawyers may have idea
I'm not going to disagree outright on suggestion of lawyer but you flag a good point here, which is that there is the possibility to have negative impacts. If someone wishes to do spousal without a lawyer in these circumstances (spouse is overstay/illegal in some country), strong advice/counsel is to check VERY carefully if in doubt about anything. Specifically and especially about disclosing information, esp overstays refusals etc.

The rule of thumb with IRCC is that if in doubt, disclose (and explain). The most serious negative consequences for what appear to be minor issues (to the applicants) are not disclosing something that IRCC considers important. It may seem like a minor oversight but IRCC can consider a misrepresentation (bureaucratic language for a lie).

Sep 26, 2020
Spousal sponsorship /outland
Hello everyone.Today, i got email from IRCC to provide additional information including bank statements, lease agreement, electricity bills,Driving license, Health card, phone bill
However i dont have lease and electricity bill under my name as i live in sharing with friends. Rest i can provide
Sowhat I should do about lease agreement ?

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
Spousal sponsorship /outland
Hello everyone.Today, i got email from IRCC to provide additional information including bank statements, lease agreement, electricity bills,Driving license, Health card, phone bill
However i dont have lease and electricity bill under my name as i live in sharing with friends. Rest i can provide
Sowhat I should do about lease agreement ?
I would provide a letter from your friend stating that you live with him/her, and from what date along with that persons contact information.

Reactions: Mrs_spiritus

Ashan Perera

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Hi guys,

Is this category thing is really important (ex- Other, Translation and affidavit, etc)?

Do I have to upload all translated documents under a specific category, I put those under OTHER (ex- marriage certificate)?