+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Jyotika_kumar

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
I don't know the answer to your first question.

For your second question, IRCC has already refused to issue her a COPR. So they will do the same for the TRV.
Oh god. This sounds aweful to be honest. Waiting from the past 4years, opened my envelope and saw my stamp, was excited. The minute i opened her envelope, all my excitement just went down the drain.
She fell sick out of worry. She was really excited about going to her dad. How can they be so brutal?
They should have informed us earlier, when i initially applied.
Wish they could understand this.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Oh god. This sounds aweful to be honest. Waiting from the past 4years, opened my envelope and saw my stamp, was excited. The minute i opened her envelope, all my excitement just went down the drain.
She fell sick out of worry. She was really excited about going to her dad. How can they be so brutal?
They should have informed us earlier, when i initially applied.
Wish they could understand this.
There's nothing stopping you from trying for the TRV. However your expectations on the chances of success should be very very low.

I assume your daughter was born after her father became a Canadian citizen.

Jyotika_kumar

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
There's nothing stopping you from trying for the TRV. However your expectations on the chances of success should be very very low.

I assume your daughter was born after her father became a Canadian citizen.
Yes. Her father obtained citizen by naturalization ,way back before she was born

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes. Her father obtained citizen by naturalization ,way back before she was born
I see. She's clearly a citizen by descent. It's too bad you didn't apply for proof of citizenship years ago. But what's done is done.

Unfortunately it's really up to the applicant to make sure they submit the right application to IRCC.

Hopefully you hear back on the temporary passport. Good luck.

Jyotika_kumar

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
I see. She's clearly a citizen by descent. It's too bad you didn't apply for proof of citizenship years ago. But what's done is done.

Unfortunately it's really up to the applicant to make sure they submit the right application to IRCC.

Hopefully you hear back on the temporary passport. Good luck.
I wish i knew. Would have applied earlier. I will definitely check up on the temporary passport.

Thank you so much for your assistance

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Sorry to bombard you with questions, but temporary passports require canadian citizenship number. I do not have that. I do not even have a AOR yet. How do i go about this?
I dropped the consulate an email, and will also make a phone call or fix an appointment to talk to them personally.
Just want to stay informed. And she does not have Canadian citizenship yet, despite that TRV is a total zero chance?
Go and speak to the consulate. Or by phone/email. You can also have your spouse contact the consular numbers in Canada, that is, global affairs worldwide toll-free (but he may get referred to the consulate).

At any rate: we are telling you that despite the somewhat obtuse information on the web about this case/situation, this is NOT rare and it will get resolved. Probably not in three days, but in 4-6 weeks, I should think with relatively high probability - assuming you are organized and have all other docs. (If you have some more urgent need, tell them).

They will not issue a TRV. But I would not fixate on this: speak to the consulate, tell them the situation, tell them "I have heard a temp passport of some kind is possible because citizenship certificates take a long time", and ask them what is possible given the timeframe. (It is reasonable to say you need to travel in, say, 4-8 weeks; it probably is not reasonable to say you need to travel in two days).

[There are some ways they can do things a bit differently in case of genuine emergency, but I mean real emergency.]

siddartha

Oct 23, 2011
Yes, you can try applying for the temp passport if you have submitted the proof of citizenship application.

There is zero chance you can get a TRV / tourist visa. Canadian citizens do not qualify for TRVs. No point even trying.
I heard a facilitation visa to apply because I'm waiting for a Canadian citizen certificate for the past one year and my wife visiting visa too but not my kid . Now i want too apply for a facilitation visa. Do let me know what forms i need?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I heard a facilitation visa to apply because I'm waiting for a Canadian citizen certificate for the past one year and my wife visiting visa too but not my kid . Now i want too apply for a facilitation visa. Do let me know what forms i need?
I don't know.

siddartha

Oct 23, 2011
Yes, you can try applying for the temp passport if you have submitted the proof of citizenship application.

There is zero chance you can get a TRV / tourist visa. Canadian citizens do not qualify for TRVs. No point even trying.
if you say no point even trying, how do i bring my 15 months kid to Canada? my wife got a visa too. I still didn't get the information correctly, so do i need to wait for two years to get my kid's citizenship certificate?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
if you say no point even trying, how do i bring my 15 months kid to Canada? my wife got a visa too. I still didn't get the information correctly, so do i need to wait for two years to get my kid's citizenship certificate?
Temp passport as mentioned in my response to the other individual.

Ashan Perera

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Hi guys,

Since Sep 2022, it is all online now,

1. How to upload our couple photos (wedding), so we have to enter DOB, name, date, etc on each photo?
  2. What is this check list we have to upload?
  3. Can we sign digitally all the forms or do we have to actually sign?
  4. What are the exact IMM docs for spousal sponsorship (I am an inland sponsor and have PR, but my wife is an out-land applicant and).

Please advise, thank you.

Last edited:

patel.gaurav123

Jul 16, 2021
Hi guys,

Since Sep 2022, it is all online now right?

How to upload our couple photos (wedding), so we have to enter DOB, name, date, etc on each photo?
What is this check list we have to upload?
Can we sign digitally all the forms or do we have to actually sign?

you can use paint or word to edit text to photos but make sure you have separate file for each photo.

patel.gaurav123

Jul 16, 2021
Hi guys,

Since Sep 2022, it is all online now right?

How to upload our couple photos (wedding), so we have to enter DOB, name, date, etc on each photo?
What is this check list we have to upload?
Can we sign digitally all the forms or do we have to actually sign?

we signed all forms manually and scanned it and uploaded it to portal.

Ashan Perera

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Hi guys,

1. How to upload our couple photos (wedding), so we have to enter DOB, name, date, etc on each photo?
  4. What are the exact IMM docs for spousal sponsorship (I am an inland sponsor and have PR, but my wife is an out-land applicant and).

patel.gaurav123

Jul 16, 2021
Hi guys,

use this link to get all required forms and checklist https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp
fill out info as per your case and you will get the list.

Reactions: Ashan Perera