+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,
I am in process of applying for Spouse sponsorship , using ONLINE PORTAL and planing to submit whatsap chat as a supporting document but its not in english so need to find a Malayalam - English translator.
Anybody knows any services that would do the translation ( Malayalam - English)?
If in Ontario, search here:
https://atio.on.ca/directory/

May be cheaper to have it done in home country though.

Reactions: diya_tj

gmac11111

Nov 5, 2022
I applied online Inland and just received the AOR. I was able to link my application in GCKey but was unable to register for the new PR tracker for some reason.

When checking the details of my application status via the GCKey it says that I do not need a medical exam or biometrics. Is that normal or will IRCC send the request later?

Applied online... Oct 26
AOR ... Nov 5

NRosso

Oct 29, 2022
I have applied Outland Online application from India. Everything is completed, just waiting for e-copr and PPR. I am planning to travel to the US on a visitor visa. In case of PPR arrival, can I submit my passport in the US, and then land in Canada without returning back to India?
Please advise.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have applied Outland Online application from India. Everything is completed, just waiting for e-copr and PPR. I am planning to travel to the US on a visitor visa. In case of PPR arrival, can I submit my passport in the US, and then land in Canada without returning back to India?
Please advise.
\
Yes.

siddartha

Oct 23, 2011
Hi Team,
I'm a Canadian citizen and applied to visit my wife and kid. my wife got visiting visa but my kid didn't get a visa. my kid just one year old. how do i apply the travel document to travel

Do help me
Thanks in advance

Jyotika_kumar

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Hi there. After a very long wait; 4years to be exact. I received my passport back. I opened it with eager and happiness, only to find that they removed my daughter's application from my application. Last minute. They gave me Permanent Residence but not her. She was asked to apply for Citizenship by descent.
Couldn't they have told me this before? I mean i waited for four years!! Thats a very long time.
My question is; is there any way i can take my daughter with me? She is just 9. And i have never left her alone, not even for a night.
Please guide, i really need assistance.

Jyotika_kumar

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Hi Team,
I'm a Canadian citizen and applied to visit my wife and kid. my wife got visiting visa but my kid didn't get a visa. my kid just one year old. how do i apply the travel document to travel

Do help me
Thanks in advance
Hey there. Did they ask you to apply for Citizenship by descent? For your child?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi there. After a very long wait; 4years to be exact. I received my passport back. I opened it with eager and happiness, only to find that they removed my daughter's application from my application. Last minute. They gave me Permanent Residence but not her. She was asked to apply for Citizenship by descent.
Couldn't they have told me this before? I mean i waited for four years!! Thats a very long time.
My question is; is there any way i can take my daughter with me? She is just 9. And i have never left her alone, not even for a night.
Please guide, i really need assistance.
She needs a Canadian passport to be able to fly to Canada. Normally this means you have to first obtain proof of citizenship and then apply for the passport. However it's taking a long time to get proof of citizenship these days. I would recommend you try seeing if you can get a temporary passport for her: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/travel-documents-non-canadians/document-types.html

Reactions: armoured

Ste_Vege

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
Hi,

- I (the PA) will enter as visitor (I am from a visa free country) and I will apply for inland spousal sponsorship within 1 month from entering
- At the moment, it looks like inland app are getting faster, so I expect I can apply for the OWP within 3 months from entering
- here is the question: after 5 months of being in Canada, do I need to apply for extended visitor visa to stay another 6 months? or since I have applied for the OWP I have got maintained status until I receive the OWP?
- once I receive the OWP, does that gives me right to temporary reside in Canada?
- will the OWP have an expiry date? My husband is Canadian and I will have a passport that will be valid for 9 years

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
She needs a Canadian passport to be able to fly to Canada. Normally this means you have to first obtain proof of citizenship and then apply for the passport. However it's taking a long time to get proof of citizenship these days. I would recommend you try seeing if you can get a temporary passport for her: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/travel-documents-non-canadians/document-types.html
Just to add: my understanding is you either apply for the certificate of citizenship and then separately for temporary passport (make sure to keep a copy of the app for cert of citizenship). But I strongly recommend contacting the closest consular office (at embassy or consulate closest to you), process not entirely clear/some variance between offices.

And note: the visa office you went through does not (directly) have anything to do with this, somewhat unlike how other countries organise this, you must ask for consular services for citizens. The other thing to keep in mind: you must be very clear about the timeframe in which you need this done.

Although it can seem bureaucratic and a bit impenetrable, it is not a rare thing and you will eventually get the consular service to assist with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: scylla

Jyotika_kumar

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
This is a great option but the key requirements say it is for Canadian citizens with an urgent and proven need for a passport. And/or , for use while waiting to receive a regular , special or diplomatic passport. I have just applied for her proof of citizenship. Do you think i will be able to get a temporary passport?
Il never the less make a phone call and drop an email tonight to the consulate in our country.
This is all so hectic. If i knew this is going to happen, i would have applied for her proof of citizenship when i applied for my Permanent Residence.
Thank you so much for the help. Really appreciated.
Just one more query, how much chances are that i can get a tourist visa for her?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
This is a great option but the key requirements say it is for Canadian citizens with an urgent and proven need for a passport. And/or , for use while waiting to receive a regular , special or diplomatic passport. I have just applied for her proof of citizenship. Do you think i will be able to get a temporary passport?
Il never the less make a phone call and drop an email tonight to the consulate in our country.
This is all so hectic. If i knew this is going to happen, i would have applied for her proof of citizenship when i applied for my Permanent Residence.
Thank you so much for the help. Really appreciated.
Just one more query, how much chances are that i can get a tourist visa for her?
Yes, you can try applying for the temp passport if you have submitted the proof of citizenship application.

There is zero chance you can get a TRV / tourist visa. Canadian citizens do not qualify for TRVs. No point even trying.

Reactions: armoured

Jyotika_kumar

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Yes, you can try applying for the temp passport if you have submitted the proof of citizenship application.

There is zero chance you can get a TRV / tourist visa. Canadian citizens do not qualify for TRVs. No point even trying.
Sorry to bombard you with questions, but temporary passports require canadian citizenship number. I do not have that. I do not even have a AOR yet. How do i go about this?
I dropped the consulate an email, and will also make a phone call or fix an appointment to talk to them personally.
Just want to stay informed. And she does not have Canadian citizenship yet, despite that TRV is a total zero chance?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sorry to bombard you with questions, but temporary passports require canadian citizenship number. I do not have that. I do not even have a AOR yet. How do i go about this?
I dropped the consulate an email, and will also make a phone call or fix an appointment to talk to them personally.
Just want to stay informed. And she does not have Canadian citizenship yet, despite that TRV is a total zero chance?
I don't know the answer to your first question.

For your second question, IRCC has already refused to issue her a COPR. So they will do the same for the TRV.