yoli85

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi All, I had done my Express Entry PR application on my own, by connecting with users from this forum and reading online.
This forum was of a big help to me.

Now I plan to get married this year and want to ensure that my spousal application is done correctly and in the short span on time.
I have a close friend whose online application was rejected due to missing signatures. I have also read/heard about delays in the processing.

Since I read that all applications will be done only Online going forward from September End

A. Should I go with a consultant or should I do it on my own so as to get this right in the first go. Please advice.​

B. I have actively started to go through the process/mistakes to ensure minimal mistakes/gaps, please do advice if there are any handy resources, that are readily available.​
C. Is it better to apply for Visitor Visa before marriage or after submitting the Spousal PR application?​
A. It's highly recommended you reach out to a qualified consultant of your choice (check here who is authorized: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigration-citizenship-representative/choose/authorized.html). Many will work by the hour if you don't want to hire full services and some will offer you a deal to "coach" you through the process if you want.
B. Read the full guide from IRCC thoroughly. The basics is: be consistent across your current and past applications (for example if you have applied for other permits, check that what you put in your employment history is consistent with what you have said in the past), don't miss any signature (the document checklist helps with this), pay all the fees at once if you don't want any delays.
C. I would apply before the marriage. It has been known that you have 50/50 changes of getting visitor visa for your spouse after the Spouse PR application. And this is necessary if you want to be able to bring your spouse to stay with you and apply inland.

theonegreatone

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Mumbai
The online application is very straightforward imo. Get the checklist from ircc website and make sure you include everything from the checklist. Double triple check before submitting. Also you can start an application and not submit it. So maybe give that a try and see if you feel comfortable. If not get a lawyer.
Apply for visitors visa before sponsorship application. If you do after, there is a big chance they say no. Did that mistake and got rejected twice. They don't believe the fact that the spouse will return after the visa expires.

Wait time is insane at the moment for outland sponsorship application so I highly recommend you do the visitors visa and bring your spouse here then apply for sponsorship. That way it does not matter how long it takes and you can apply inland sponsorship/owp which has faster processing time.
Hi, let me start with the application to see if it is easy to follow along.

Thanks for the information regarding visitor visa.
Also, how can I reduce the chances of visitor visa rejection or the chances are very slim?

Reactions: jrahman

Ashan Perera

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Well if I don't have social media proofs then it's ok

U just have to show ur proof of means of communication, doesn't matter if u use whatsapp or Facebook or Instagram or whatever

In short u have to prove that ur relationship is genuine

Yes all the proof u have to show whatever u have, to prove that u r in a genuine Relationship
If my spouse has a travel history (ex-stayed in UAE for 3 months) then do I have to provide police reports from each of those countries too?

Thank you.

Xxstreamer69xx

Star Member
Jul 27, 2022

Also, how can I reduce the chances of visitor visa rejection or the chances are very slim?
Firstly you wanna make sure you provide all the documents necessary. Then your main goal is to include as much country tie as possible. Like any job she's doing, if she's with any community work, any dependent, any property she has. Basically anything that provides proof that she will return back to her country after the visa expires as she has her own thing going on. Include a letter stating the same and explaining that she intends to return back. Make it emotional so when the officer reads it they shed a tear or two.
All jokes apart, she needs to make the officer believe that her intentions to return and her ties to back home is stronger than planning to stay here.

jrahman

Star Member
Sep 13, 2022

I wish I read this before I submit paper application for my wife in Nov 2021. Still in progress! Applied for TRV twice and got rejected like you. Are you still waiting? How long?

Xxstreamer69xx

Star Member
Jul 27, 2022
I wish I read this before I submit paper application for my wife in Nov 2021. Still in progress! Applied for TRV twice and got rejected like you. Are you still waiting? How long?
Literally on the same situation as you. Applied in November for sponsorship and TRV twice in January. Got rejected both times. Lost hope and waiting for sponsorship application to be completed.
What's your time-line and vo?

Reactions: jrahman

jrahman

Star Member
Sep 13, 2022
Literally on the same situation as you. Applied in November for sponsorship and TRV twice in January. Got rejected both times. Lost hope and waiting for sponsorship application to be completed.
- Paper application received on Nov 3, 2021
- Biometric was taken from TRV application around January
- Medical done 29th April, 2022
- Eligibility in progress May 23, 2022

and that's it. Just BS waiting game :)

Xxstreamer69xx

Star Member
Jul 27, 2022
- Paper application received on Nov 3, 2021
- Biometric was taken from TRV application around January
- Medical done 29th April, 2022
- Eligibility in progress May 23, 2022

and that's it. Just BS waiting game :)
We have very similar timeline. We completed our medical April 10 and since May 6 eligibility in progress. Our vo is Singapore which seems to be very slow.
Hopefully we'll both get some good news soon.

sacaimm

Aug 5, 2022
How long did it take to hear about TRV rejection?

Cannybabe

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
Hello everyone, I'm a bit discouraged about my online spousal sponsorship application. I logged in online to submit today thinking I'll have space to upload all the forms but some, I had to fill digitally. For those ones, there was no place to sign, and for some others I was required to just write my full name as signature. Now, the problem is this, I know some applications were returned after 3 months because there were no signatures. How so I go about this pls? I'm freaking out!

May we all be reunited with our lives ones soon, the wait is becoming unbearable.

yoli85

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hello everyone, I'm a bit discouraged about my online spousal sponsorship application. I logged in online to submit today thinking I'll have space to upload all the forms but some, I had to fill digitally. For those ones, there was no place to sign, and for some others I was required to just write my full name as signature. Now, the problem is this, I know some applications were returned after 3 months because there were no signatures. How so I go about this pls? I'm freaking out!

May we all be reunited with our lives ones soon, the wait is becoming unbearable.
The answer to your question is laid out in the instructions to apply online. Follow the steps one by one carefully. I didn't use the online portal because I found it ambiguous.

If you're applying by yourself (DIY) my suggestion is that you get help from someone you know is not easily deterred by long instructions and has good attention to detail. It looks like you are overwhelmed, so read carefully and get help to ensure you're following the instructions. Also, I suggest you download fresh forms and check if any of your filled out forms are already old, so you don't send old filled out forms.

Good luck!

Reactions: Cannybabe