+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Ferawan12

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
You do not have a choice, you MUST add her to your application right away and before travelling to Canada. Even if you submitted your passport now, the first thing you would have to do (written clearly on all) is advise them when your family configuration changes. And repeat, before travelling.

This is not a family psonsorship case, you should look in the various other sub-forums for your applicaiton type about adding a spouse. It is not a rare case, I understand it will take several extra months (four to 12? don't know, I don't follow).

So it mean there are no other choice than add her to the application right ?? So I have to wait for the IRCC to give an update regarding my status change ?

I have submitted webforms multiple times regading my changes.. and still no updates.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
So it mean there are no other choice than add her to the application right ?? So I have to wait for the IRCC to give an update regarding my status change ?

I have submitted webforms multiple times regading my changes.. and still no updates.
You wrote above that all of the updates (ircc to you and vice versa) were August. It is now not yet mid-September.

This is going to take some time. Months.

GyanLula

Star Member
Jan 23, 2022
Hi ,

I submitted my application on 29-Aug-2022 and i received a mail yesterday mentioning the sponsor name and the message in the mail is "This confirms that your application to sponsor a member of Family class has been received by Citizenship and immigration canada (CIC) ". Is this the mail for Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR). Can anyone please confirm?

You got AOR in 1week? How incredibly lucky!

ashishpalsingh91

Apr 19, 2019
Hi Everyone, I applied for my wife's spousal sponsorship application - outland in the month of July 2022 , She is residing in India. I applied through the new portal, the application status says Submitted, but I haven't received the UCI nor any update from IRCC since then. Do we get the UCI immediately after we submit the application, if yes, I believe I did something wrong. Can you someone clear the confusion, whether we get the UCI immediately or not and also, is everyone facing the same time delays.

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
Hi Everyone, I applied for my wife's spousal sponsorship application - outland in the month of July 2022 , She is residing in India. I applied through the new portal, the application status says Submitted, but I haven't received the UCI nor any update from IRCC since then. Do we get the UCI immediately after we submit the application, if yes, I believe I did something wrong. Can you someone clear the confusion, whether we get the UCI immediately or not and also, is everyone facing the same time delays.

You will get an UCI when you received AOR, not before so it's normal. You are well within the normal delays.

gspkho

Jan 27, 2022
submitted date 1june, 2022
aor 17 july
Biometric completed already
Medical completed 17aug
Pre Arrival 10 september
COPR .... waiting

Mrs_spiritus

Mar 16, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Hi everyone.

I am new here. And have a question regarding which would be better adding my spouse to my application after getting married or sponsor her when we arrive in Canada.

So, i got invited in May 2020 and completed all required documents, medical check up, biometric and payment by November 2020. I didnt hear anything until August 2022.

In May 2022, I got married and inform IRCC in August 2022 when they asked me to fill up schedule A form and another medical check up. (it was 2020 since the last time i heard from ircc right). But I haven't heard anything from them regading the changes or marital status.

I watched some youtube video that i could submitted those forms from the youtube (IMM 0008, Schedule A, IMM 5669 and the one for traveling (i dont remember the number) through webforms. The youtube also mentioned that I can pay (for the right of PR, application fee and biometric) to add her to my application.

Also I was asked to submit my passport to the VAC by September 25th.

My question would be:
1. Which would be better, wait for IRCC to give me the next step to add her to the application and not submit the passport to the VAC or I submitted the passport, apply a visitor visa for my spouse and we go to Canada (with her with Visitor Visa) and sponsor her from Canada?

Kindly advise from all of you.

Thank you so much
With all the backlogs and the fact that you've been waiting since 2020, I suggest you both travel to Canada and then submit an inland application

Mrs_spiritus

Mar 16, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
submitted date 1june, 2022
aor 17 july
Biometric completed already
Medical completed 17aug
Pre Arrival 10 september
COPR .... waiting
Do you mind sharing your VO? This is lightning speed processing. I've never seen anything like this before

• Haha
Reactions: Kiikii

sk1622

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
Hi Experienced Members,

This is in regards to the spousal application(inland) of my Spouse. In order to process the Open Work Permit, we submitted the Upfront Medical Examination(e-medical sheet), few days later IRCC requested for the Medicals via IMM1017 form.

My concern is I have submitted the OWP application with the Upfront medical sheet, what shall I now do in order to have the medicals completed for spousal pr?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
With all the backlogs and the fact that you've been waiting since 2020, I suggest you both travel to Canada and then submit an inland application
That's a really bad suggestion. If the OP doesn't wait until his spouse is officially added to his application and uses a COPR that lists him as a single person, he will never be able to sponsor his spouse in the future. The right and only answer is to wait for IRCC to add the spouse to the application. There is no other option that will work out.

Reactions: Mrs_spiritus

Mrs_spiritus

Mar 16, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
That's a really bad suggestion. If the OP doesn't wait until his spouse is officially added to his application and uses a COPR that lists him as a single person, he will never be able to sponsor his spouse in the future. The right and only answer is to wait for IRCC to add the spouse to the application. There is no other option that will work out.
Makes sense. I guess I was answering based on my frustrations. Sorry