+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Sarinasa

Star Member
Mar 3, 2022
Hi all,

COPR number got generated on my wife's PR Tracker account 2 days ago but i haven't received passport request yet. Wondering if anything needs to be done from my side? if not, how long will it take get a passport request?

Thanks in advance
Omg congratulation
Can you share your timeline please ?
just wait they ask you passport soon

Rhea Jose

Mar 15, 2020
Hi, Has anyone applied for OWP after receiving their AOR on online inland PR application? I would like to know which options you selected in the questionnaire to receive the right checklist in GCkey as the CIC website says that you need form IMM 5707 but I am getting IMM 5257 instead.

Also can we apply for OWP while on implied status? I applied for a visitor record before my status expired and it is still processing.

Thank you.

preeti123

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
Hello everyone, I got portal invite and uploaded photo and address. It's been a month but I haven't received my ECOPR yet. I raised a webform but no response. Any idea what I can do? Thank you

Ferawan12

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
Hi everyone.

I am new here. And have a question regarding which would be better adding my spouse to my application after getting married or sponsor her when we arrive in Canada.

So, i got invited in May 2020 and completed all required documents, medical check up, biometric and payment by November 2020. I didnt hear anything until August 2022.

In May 2022, I got married and inform IRCC in August 2022 when they asked me to fill up schedule A form and another medical check up. (it was 2020 since the last time i heard from ircc right). But I haven't heard anything from them regading the changes or marital status.

I watched some youtube video that i could submitted those forms from the youtube (IMM 0008, Schedule A, IMM 5669 and the one for traveling (i dont remember the number) through webforms. The youtube also mentioned that I can pay (for the right of PR, application fee and biometric) to add her to my application.

Also I was asked to submit my passport to the VAC by September 25th.

My question would be:
1. Which would be better, wait for IRCC to give me the next step to add her to the application and not submit the passport to the VAC or I submitted the passport, apply a visitor visa for my spouse and we go to Canada (with her with Visitor Visa) and sponsor her from Canada?

Kindly advise from all of you.

Thank you so much

Ketul@4188

Sep 10, 2022
Hello Everyone,
I am new here in this forum and I came recently in Canada as a PR. Now I would like to sponsor my wife and son as PR.
My question is that is there any requirement of proof of fund for my wife and son from their side? (To be clarify my son is 4 years old. They both live in India.) Also from my side how many Income is required to show to be eligible for sponsor for my wife and son?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Also I was asked to submit my passport to the VAC by September 25th.

My question would be:
1. Which would be better, wait for IRCC to give me the next step to add her to the application and not submit the passport to the VAC or I submitted the passport, apply a visitor visa for my spouse and we go to Canada (with her with Visitor Visa) and sponsor her from Canada?
You do not have a choice, you MUST add her to your application right away and before travelling to Canada. Even if you submitted your passport now, the first thing you would have to do (written clearly on all) is advise them when your family configuration changes. And repeat, before travelling.

This is not a family psonsorship case, you should look in the various other sub-forums for your applicaiton type about adding a spouse. It is not a rare case, I understand it will take several extra months (four to 12? don't know, I don't follow).

Cheema07ajashan

Apr 15, 2021
Hello, how long is it taking CPC ottawa to finalize eligibility and background check recently? Eligibility started on sept 1 and no update on tracker since then.
applied may 07,2022.
Aor Aug 17

jm90

Jan 10, 2019
Hi, I received a request to do a medical exam (SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP FROM WITHIN CANADA).

However, I already have an active medical dated 31st Jan 2022. It has been only 7 months. When I tried to book a new medical, panel physicians said I don't need to, as it is already active.

On their suggestion, I raised a webform to IRCC requesting them to link my medical to my spousal sponsorship application.

I had already submitted the medical results with my online application when I applied. So should I try to book a new medical? Or is raising a webform enough?

Thanks guys

Ragavan S

Jun 18, 2022
Just so everyone is up to date, IRCC announced that before the end of this year, ALL permanent residence applications will be online: Transitioning to online applications for permanent residence
Hi ,

I submitted my application on 29-Aug-2022 and i received a mail yesterday mentioning the sponsor name and the message in the mail is "This confirms that your application to sponsor a member of Family class has been received by Citizenship and immigration canada (CIC) ". Is this the mail for Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR). Can anyone please confirm?

jm90

Jan 10, 2019
Hi ,

I submitted my application on 29-Aug-2022 and i received a mail yesterday mentioning the sponsor name and the message in the mail is "This confirms that your application to sponsor a member of Family class has been received by Citizenship and immigration canada (CIC) ". Is this the mail for Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR). Can anyone please confirm?
Yes, that is the one. It must have your Application no. and UCI

Reactions: Ragavan S

Ragavan S

Jun 18, 2022
Yes, that is the one. It must have your Application no. and UCI
Thank You. Can you please guide me the next steps.Now I want to apply for Open work permit. Can you please share the url or the process/steps to apply for open work permit.

jm90

Jan 10, 2019
Thank You. Can you please guide me the next steps.Now I want to apply for Open work permit. Can you please share the url or the process/steps to apply for open work permit.
I don't know about owp. Best would be to watch youtube videos on what the process is and how to do it.

Reactions: Ragavan S