+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

sanayy

May 27, 2022
Hey everyone,

I submitted my application in March but a week ago, I received an email stating they are returning my submission, including all of the supporting documents as one of the documents was not completed in its entirety.
I have waited one week, but I didn't receive my supporting documents (letters, photos etc) returned to me in mail. They have attached photocopies of all supporting documents in the email though. I don't know how to resubmit my application, do I wait for my original supporting documents to be mailed back (I have no idea when that would be) or do I resubmit application using the photocopies of the supporting documents?

Thank you for any help, I highly appreciate it!

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
Most people get it in 1-2 days. It's challenging to experience. I hear they "batch process" them. So most likely we have to wait until the next time they decide to press "send" on the email. The frustration is that its just an email. Not a difficult process. I believe its done out of Ottowa but can't confirm this
I am in no rush as my spouse is inland with a work permit. I dont know what your situation is but hopefully you hear something from IRCC soon.

vidhu88

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Hi, my fiancee had recently applied for a Tourist visa and received visa approval. The visa application was based on the invite she had from her aunt who resides in Toronto. We are soon getting married in India and we plan to enter Canada together. I am a permanent resident living in BC and so my port of entry would be Vancouver. I plan to initiate her spousal PR application from within Canada once we are back in Canada.
Should she declare at the time of entering Canada (via Vancouver) to the officer in charge that she is now married and her spouse who is a PR is accompanying her and that her purpose of visit has changed? Kindly guide me on how to tackle this situation?

Lalala1

Aug 30, 2018
Hello, on my account it says that they’re reviewing if I’m eligible as a sponsor but I’ve already received this letter. Is this the eligibility letter or no, and will this mistake affect our processing time? What should I do?

Dear Sir/Madam,
Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada
This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf of Bla Bla and family (if applicable).
We are pleased to inform that you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor.

vidhu88

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Hi, my fiancee had recently applied for a Tourist visa and received visa approval. The visa application was based on the invite she had from her aunt who resides in Toronto. We are soon getting married in India and we plan to enter Canada together. I am a permanent resident living in BC and so my port of entry would be Vancouver. I plan to initiate her spousal PR application from within Canada once we are back in Canada.
Should she declare at the time of entering Canada (via Vancouver) to the officer in charge that she is now married and her spouse who is a PR is accompanying her and that her purpose of visit has changed? Kindly guide me on how to tackle this situation?
Hi, could anyone kindly advise what should we be doing in this scenario?

Gurmann

Jan 22, 2022
Hi all,

Just want to know once your supervisa is approved, do you have to visit canada within first 6months? or it is applicable to visitor visa only??

vidhu88

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Could someone kindly advise me on the above matter? I am in urgent need to get clarity on this.

Canuck11

Star Member
Nov 13, 2021
Could someone kindly advise me on the above matter? I am in urgent need to get clarity on this.
There is nothing to 'tackle' here. If she is explicitly asked if she is married then by all means say so. If she isn't asked then say nothing. Just tell her to answer whatever questions the border guard answers truthfully.

Reactions: YVR123 and scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all,

Just want to know once your supervisa is approved, do you have to visit canada within first 6months? or it is applicable to visitor visa only??
No, you don't. There is no such rule - either for regular TRVs or super visas. Whoever told you this is a rule for visitor visas is misinformed and doesn't understand IRCC rules.

Pranaysh90

Feb 3, 2020
Question- I can see my spousal application using UCI in ecas but haven't got AOR yet. It is normal? Ecas says application recieved on Feb 8.