+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

anand1777

May 2, 2020
I noticed that the spousal sponsorship timeline on IRCC is showing 22 months now which is really scary. Anyone knows how accurate this is and whether new applications would take around the same time?

Lila123

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Hi all, has anyone received any notification that their file has been transferred to a new office because a decision could not be made and additional information is required. The letter also states that an interview may be required.

if you have experienced this, can you tell what what to expect? This is for someone I know. I told him I would ask this forum. Hope to hear back soon.

hmohta

May 8, 2022
Hi All,

I have the following queries if the members can answer and provide inputs:

1) We had applied under EE in 2019 but my wife couldn't travel due to pregnancy. She was marked as non-accompanying and I landed and got PR. I am currently in Canada.
2) I am now sponsoring my wife and son via family class(outland)and it is recommended by our consultant to wait till you get an AOR before filing visitor visa
3) My wife already has UCI and Biometrics done during EE application

Some pointers will be helpful on if we should apply for TRV right away or wait to get an AOR( timeline to get AOR is 8-10 weeks post application submission). I read on forums/fb groups that TRVs are getting rejected for silly reasons so wanted to confirm before applying.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Some pointers will be helpful on if we should apply for TRV right away or wait to get an AOR( timeline to get AOR is 8-10 weeks post application submission). I read on forums/fb groups that TRVs are getting rejected for silly reasons so wanted to confirm before applying.
There's no clear evidence either way.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi all, has anyone received any notification that their file has been transferred to a new office because a decision could not be made and additional information is required. The letter also states that an interview may be required.
I do not recall having seen such a letter. Could you give info about which visa offices? That might give some indication of what's going on.

Either way, it boils down to: you'll need an interview. Order your gcms notes - that may help to understand why.

Faysalahmedbd

Oct 21, 2020
Dhaka, Bangladesh
App. Filed.......
27-03-2020
Hi
I have asked this question to understand what to do in the event of an impending possible situation. Because, it's been a month since my pre-arrival letter (no DM, PPR yet), and my medical expiration this August. So my question was whether I would have to redo my medical before or after receiving the passport request if it expired.
and I didn't get your no 1 answer.. Does it mean If I got COPR within august 2022, due to medical expiry my copr also expire in august 2022?

1. No, as your COPR will only be valid to 20/08/22 1 year from date of medical.
2, Actually your post doesn't make a lot of sense. How do you know PRR will 29/07 and PP submitted 03/08, those dates are in the future

Ishan5557

Star Member
Apr 7, 2020
My spouse applied for inland PR 0n November 23, 2021 through the online application.
We had an immigration consultation help us.
We received a pre-AOR at end of March and did medical exam for the visitor visa record at the same time. We also got a UCI along with the record.

- Still no AOR
- No biometrics
- Applied for OWP at end of March when we received pre-AOR and UCI. No news yet.
- Cannot link application to ECAS to check, always receiving "application cannot be found"

I know everyone's case is different but I'm wondering if this sounds normal or not. I'm hoping to get the PR before August 2022. Do you think this is possible?
It's been difficult for my spouse not being able to travel because it's an inland application.
- Do you think there would be any problems leaving and coming back if my spouse has eTA to enter Canada?
- If we leave and re-enter Canada would my spouse get a new visitor visa?
- Our last visitor visa record took almost 4 months to get so that only leaves 2 months before we have to apply for another one?

Any help is much appreciated.
When you say Pre-AOR? Is it temporary AOR starting with "XF.."?
If yes, how did you apply for an open work permit without permanent AOR?

Jules105

Star Member
Jan 14, 2022
Hi, they may give you remedical instructions (in some cases passports have been returned unstamped and applicants need to await remedical instructions) or if your Copr is ready to be issued and close to medical expiry date they may contact you via email/phone asking you if you would be ready to travel to Canada before medicals expire. If you agree, your PPR would be issued shortly to facilitate your travel before medical expiry. This has been my understanding from a few posts i have seen. Hope some clarity for you.

Ivanm7331

Star Member
May 6, 2022
If we have a translated document, should we upload that as a separate file to the untranslated version? Or can we upload everything in one file(untranslated, translated, certify etc )

Mik Peter

Jan 14, 2022
My Elegibility was passed 9 days ago and received Pre-arrival.
(Background, Medical, Biometrics already completed).

Yet still no PPR. I don't mind waiting but veryone seems to receive theirs withion 1-2 days. yet I don't even have DM status on the tracker, Ecas or phoneline).

Is anyone else waiting for PPR or had experienced this wait too?

I am inland spousal July 2021, based in Vancouver, Processing is Mississauga

Simplitario

Star Member
May 4, 2022
My Elegibility was passed 9 days ago and received Pre-arrival.
(Background, Medical, Biometrics already completed).

Yet still no PPR. I don't mind waiting but veryone seems to receive theirs withion 1-2 days. yet I don't even have DM status on the tracker, Ecas or phoneline).

Is anyone else waiting for PPR or had experienced this wait too?
After how many days of your eligibility and background did you received pre-arrival?

Usually its 15 days after pre-arrival for outland as per Ottawa VO. Not sure about inland. You might check the link below.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/192sbvjd4vJsEWY_B7w5DgFKBmIPNYo6TjlVWAk-xxxA/edit#gid=873641429

Last edited:

Mik Peter

Jan 14, 2022
hello everyone , today I received my pre-arrival services invitation , when will I receive my PR ? thank you
After how many days of your eligibility and background did you received pre-arrival?

Usually its 15 days after pre-arrival.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/192sbvjd4vJsEWY_B7w5DgFKBmIPNYo6TjlVWAk-xxxA/edit#gid=873641429
Mine is a complicated situation. I applied July 2021 inland. My background check was held up due to Police check requests for 4 countries internationally. My eligibility was completed and then I got pre-arrival the same day (May 19). Nothing since.

Mik Peter

Jan 14, 2022
April 29 Pre-arrival inland. Nothing ever since and I believe it will be another couple to few of months before anything comes up.
Most people get it in 1-2 days. It's challenging to experience. I hear they "batch process" them. So most likely we have to wait until the next time they decide to press "send" on the email. The frustration is that its just an email. Not a difficult process. I believe its done out of Ottowa but can't confirm this