+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Surfer1020

May 17, 2022
Just looking at the spreadsheet, most online applicants from November received their AOR between mid-March and mid-April, the most recent being more than a month ago (April 14th). Online applicants from February are already getting AOR.
I looked at the spreadsheet too that's why I'm feeling a bit discouraged that we still haven't gotten ours yet.

HP Singh

Apr 18, 2022
Hi !
I applied an outland application for my wife on March 31st 2022 online.
When can i expect AOR ?

Also Any experience with Visitor Visa ? applied on January 23rd,biometrics completed Feb 2nd, Review eligibility started February 3rd - no updates after.

Reetu B

Mar 22, 2022
Hi.. I got ADR again from NDVo with same document( schedule A) even I dnt have travel history only my husband travelled to different countries. We submitted documents throught MP as well we have the confirmation . Now they again asking because it's doesn't match with travel history of mine.. pta ni kon sa officer baitha jise kuch pta b ni LG Raha... I dnt think they are working on files they just open and ask then close the file....
Hope muze bhi kuch reply aaye soon
U are right they are working recklessly

Jun 29, 2018
My relative is a Canadian citizen and he is living in the rented room in a house with common kitchen and living room, will this rent lease agreement be enough to sponsor his wife or he will have to show, while applying for her sponsorship, the accomodation arrangement for his wife when she comes to canada

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
My relative is a Canadian citizen and he is living in the rented room in a house with common kitchen and living room, will this rent lease agreement be enough to sponsor his wife or he will have to show, while applying for her sponsorship, the accomodation arrangement for his wife when she comes to canada
Read. the. instructions.

Gowri Dhamotharan

May 28, 2017
Chennai India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Med's Done....
12-01-2019
Today my spouse received biometric collection letter for the sponsorship application. But he already provided biometric for the TRV and it got updated in GCKey as well(under the biometric section it says 'April 27th complete'.). His profile has the biometric number and expiry date.

There was no update in the TRV after biometrics, he didnt receive biometric validity letter.

Do we still need to take biometric since he received biometric collection letter?

a.nasser

May 18, 2022
This post is very beneficial, thank you! I was wondering, do we send in a bank statement with the application or is that requested of us on their own time? As in, Should we go ahead and do it or wait for them to ask?

Thank you

Jazzed

Star Member
Jan 15, 2022
Prior to COVID all applications required Biometric data collection whether they (PA) had done it in the past or not. They may be restarting this again.

What does the letter say its important follow all their instructions. Whether you agree, think it's necessary or not doesn't matter. Failure to do what is asked can lead to a refusal.

Today my spouse received biometric collection letter for the sponsorship application. But he already provided biometric for the TRV and it got updated in GCKey as well(under the biometric section it says 'April 27th complete'.). His profile has the biometric number and expiry date.

There was no update in the TRV after biometrics, he didnt receive biometric validity letter.

Do we still need to take biometric since he received biometric collection letter?

Jazzed

Star Member
Jan 15, 2022
This post is very beneficial, thank you! I was wondering, do we send in a bank statement with the application or is that requested of us on their own time? As in, Should we go ahead and do it or wait for them to ask?

Thank you
Provide everything possible to strengthen your case prior to sending your application. You never want to wait to be asked. They may not ask they may just refuse.

Last edited:

Callumjee

Jun 6, 2019
We submitted an inland paper application in April and got our AOR by email. I think I recall the application saying that if you provided an email address, that’s how they would contact you.
Great! Thank you! How long did it take you to get your AOR?

Gowri Dhamotharan

May 28, 2017
Chennai India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Med's Done....
12-01-2019
Prior to COVID all applications required Biometric data collection whether they (PA) had done it in the past or not. They may be restarting this again.

What does the letter say its important follow all their instructions. Whether you agree, think it's necessary or not doesn't matter. Failure to do what is asked can lead to a refusal.
The biometric collection letter has the exact same details as the one we received for TRV. Just the application number is changing in both the letters. As per the below URL, they still do not require pr applicants to give biometrics if the applicant submitted his/her biometric in the last ten years.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/biometrics/facts.html

Jazzed

Star Member
Jan 15, 2022
The biometric collection letter has the exact same details as the one we received for TRV. Just the application number is changing in both the letters. As per the below URL, they still do not require pr applicants to give biometrics if the applicant submitted his/her biometric in the last ten years.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/biometrics/facts.html
You can explain the possible oversight via a webform or you can give the biometrics. Emailing them through the webform still might not get the request rescinded and it might be awhile before you get a personal response if you get one at all.. No guarantees as we don't know if it was an oversight or the case officer wasn't happy with what is on file or they are changing policies but the website isn't updated yet.

I don't think anyone can tell you the right choice. It's really up to you. As I stated earlier failure to do what is asked can lead to a refusal as unfair as it may seem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gowri Dhamotharan