+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

ummi

Star Member
Mar 29, 2012
Can anyone guide me outland spouse timeline is longer 20 months so if canadian spouse comes back and then apply PR for wife so will it be more faster and reuniting will be taken as positive point.

ummi

Star Member
Mar 29, 2012
Can anyone guide me outland spouse timeline is longer 20 months so if canadian spouse comes back and then apply PR for wife so will it be more faster and reuniting will be taken as positive point.
Please can anyone reply me

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Do not understand your question. Try to write sentences.

sibin123

Apr 6, 2022
Hi,
I applied to sponsor my wife last October (paper application) and we didn't receive any update or AOR yet. I am really worried that the application got lost. I was not able to talk to an agent as the call always gets disconnected saying all agents are busy.
I am wondering if I can submit a new application now. Can I submit a new application now since I don't know what happened to the existing application? If I do so, will it have any impact or delay in processing?.
Thanks.

sepsepsep

Sep 23, 2021
Hello folks,
I have a general questions about spousal application. My wife currently resides outside of Canada. Our ideal case would be to first apply for a visitor and once she is in Canada we'd apply for an inland PR/work-permit application. But I know that for visitor visa you should convince the officer that your stay would be temporary and you will leave Canada. Is it common and feasible to do so? does anybody have experience of submitting visitor visa prior to PR application? and how should I convince the office that she would go back at the end of her stay?

Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello folks,
I have a general questions about spousal application. My wife currently resides outside of Canada. Our ideal case would be to first apply for a visitor and once she is in Canada we'd apply for an inland PR/work-permit application. But I know that for visitor visa you should convince the officer that your stay would be temporary and you will leave Canada. Is it common and feasible to do so? does anybody have experience of submitting visitor visa prior to PR application? and how should I convince the office that she would go back at the end of her stay?

Thanks.
Yes, plenty of people try this. Chances of approval are likely 50/50. To have a strong chance of approval, she will want to show ties to her home country such as employment and property ownership. Past travel to countries requiring visas (e.g. US, UK) helps as well.

sand6891

Feb 12, 2020
Dear all,

I am an India Citizen. I have landed in Canada in September 2020(during covid) got my PR card and returned back to India in December 2020.
I got married in August 2021 and now i am planning to return to Canada along with my wife.
I know there are two options i.e Outland and Inland. Which one of following suits me best?

1. Get my wife a visitor visa and travel to Canada together and apply PR for my wife(Inland scenario). Whether this is possible and if possible how much time does it take?
2.I travel alone to Canada and then apply for PR for my wife(Outland scenario).Whether this is possible and if possible how much time does it take?

sheno

Mar 26, 2022
Hi ! Amazing discussion forum thanks for the help everyone here!
I am sending my application under INLAND spousal sponsorship, im doing my second year visa of Young Professional (closed work permit) and is expiring next May 19th 2022. I have paid and attached my OWP with the SP applocation and I have a couple of questions:
About timing, when will I be able to work with an Open work permit? When I get my AOR or when I get the approval of the OWP.
Am I in implied status once they send me the AOR ? or I am able to work for anyone when I receive that

thanks!
hi anyone can help me with this? I am with implied status or OPW once I appy?

Sarahmc89

Dec 24, 2017
hi anyone can help me with this? I am with implied status or OPW once I appy?
when you say"next may" do you mean next month?
"About timing, when will I be able to work with an Open work permit? When I get my AOR or when I get the approval of the OWP". - My understanding is that you are able to work with the OPEN work permit when it gets approved. I recieved an email and in my GCKEY account showing it was approved and got the visa in the post about a week later, this was about 5 months after submitting via paper.
"Am I in implied status once they send me the AOR ? or I am able to work for anyone when I receive that" - again my understaning is you will be on implied status when your current permit expires providing you have submitted the PR and OWP application before the expiry date of your current work permit. Implied status means "continues to maintain their legal immigration status" so you will stay on the closed work permit status and conditions untill such time as they either approve the OWP or PR, which ever comes first.

Last edited:
Reactions: sheno

sheno

Mar 26, 2022
when you say"next may" do you mean next month?
"About timing, when will I be able to work with an Open work permit? When I get my AOR or when I get the approval of the OWP". - My understanding is that you are able to work with the OPEN work permit when it gets approved. I recieved an email and in my GCKEY account showing it was approved and got the visa in the post about a week later, this was about 5 months after submitting via paper.
"Am I in implied status once they send me the AOR ? or I am able to work for anyone when I receive that" - again my understaning is you will be on implied status when your current permit expires providing you have submitted the PR and OWP application before the expiry date of your current work permit. Implied status means "continues to maintain their legal immigration status" so you will stay on the closed work permit status and conditions untill such time as they either approve the OWP or PR, which ever comes first.
yes next may 2022, thanks for your reply!
I figured that it was the way you are saying. Makes sense.
If anyone has a different opinion or experience on this topic is highly appreciated!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Dear all,

I am an India Citizen. I have landed in Canada in September 2020(during covid) got my PR card and returned back to India in December 2020.
I got married in August 2021 and now i am planning to return to Canada along with my wife.
I know there are two options i.e Outland and Inland. Which one of following suits me best?

1. Get my wife a visitor visa and travel to Canada together and apply PR for my wife(Inland scenario). Whether this is possible and if possible how much time does it take?
2.I travel alone to Canada and then apply for PR for my wife(Outland scenario).Whether this is possible and if possible how much time does it take?
Apply for visitor visa and see if it gets approved. If so, your scenario 1. If not, your scenario 2.

No-one can tell you how long either will take. Govt says 'most' (i.e. 80%) are done in 12 months. Was longer during covid, seems to be somewhat closer to normal again.

Reactions: Kiikii

Parmeet kaur67

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Hello everyone. I Am a canadian pr and will be sponsering my spouse in next 2 weeks. As We are collecting the needed documentation, I got a new job offer which is better so I am thinking of considering it. My only concern is that if I provide letter of employment from my new job, would that be okay? They are okay to provide me one, but it’s going to be from a new job . As for as I can see, we just need to show immigration that we can support our partner. Just want to double check if that’s going to be okay. Thank you for your time.