+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

ApplicationJZ

Feb 20, 2022
Hi, I've Submitted PR application for spouse on 6 Jan 2022 thru new PR online portal. Till to date no AOR or nothing? Generally how long it will take for AOR? Also, is the processing time showing as one year, is anyone got sooner recently?
Hey check out this document to give you an idea: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/192sbvjd4vJsEWY_B7w5DgFKBmIPNYo6TjlVWAk-xxxA/edit#gid=1360948703

Did you physically sign any of the forms when you submitted the application online?

sean468

Mar 10, 2022
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-11-2022
Nomination.....
23-11-2022
AOR Received.
28-11-2022
Med's Request
17-05-2023
Med's Done....
17-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2023
LANDED..........
22-06-2023
Hi, I've Submitted PR application for spouse on 6 Jan 2022 thru new PR online portal. Till to date no AOR or nothing? Generally how long it will take for AOR? Also, is the processing time showing as one year, is anyone got sooner recently?
Online applications appear to be taking a bit more time to process for some reason. Some people from October / November are still waiting for their AOR. You'll just need to be patient.

Sarahmc89

Dec 24, 2017
I'm the PA on a common-law PR spousal application (inland), I submitted an OWP as part of that process (currently implied status). There's a chance that I may need to travel to the US end of April for a work trip. If (fingers crossed) the OWP gets approved in the next week or so (November Inland Applications seem to be starting to get their OWP's approved (and I have the OWP in hand), will that (as well as ETA) be sufficient? As I understand, it would still be up to the POE Agent to decide?

Alternatively, if the COPR comes through soon, would I be able to travel and come back in on that (while waiting for the card to arrive) or would there need to be a PRTD that I need to apply for?
Im in the same situation as you (minus the Work trip) I applied by paper for Inland Spousal PR end of October and just got my OWP approval on friday 25th, im hoping to have it in hand within the next 2 - 3 weeks so I am able to leave the country. Seems they are moving long these days but I do have another buddy who applied via online 2 days before I did and he is about 6 weeks behind me in the whole process so its honestly anyones guess.
My understanding is until we have the visa inhand (in your passport)and ETA (i got mine with the OWP) it should be enough to come and go again as long you fit the requirements within your visa (insurance etc)
From my understanding If ECOPR or COPR comes in before the owp and no card before you travel, you will need to apply for the PRTD while you're in the states in order to come back.
Have you linked your OWP application to your GCKey account, I could see there when they were updating my OWP stuff.

sean468

Mar 10, 2022
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-11-2022
Nomination.....
23-11-2022
AOR Received.
28-11-2022
Med's Request
17-05-2023
Med's Done....
17-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2023
LANDED..........
22-06-2023
Have you linked your OWP application to your GCKey account, I could see there when they were updating my OWP stuff.
I linked my OWP to the GCKey page, but it's been stale this entire time. (I submitted the OWP in November), but didn't link it until Early March - and it still shows that they haven't started reviewing eligibility. Biometrics information etc was already on there.

I didn't even think of searching for it when I linked my PA to GCKey or the New Tracker. I actually accidentally linked the OWP when I was doing different combinations for the Sponsor Side of the application, and thought I would check to see if the OWP was even in the system yet as I heard it was taking a while.

Sarahmc89

Dec 24, 2017
I linked my OWP to the GCKey page, but it's been stale this entire time. (I submitted the OWP in November), but didn't link it until Early March - and it still shows that they haven't started reviewing eligibility. Biometrics information etc was already on there.

I didn't even think of searching for it when I linked my PA to GCKey or the New Tracker. I actually accidentally linked the OWP when I was doing different combinations for the Sponsor Side of the application, and thought I would check to see if the OWP was even in the system yet as I heard it was taking a while.
I too accidently linked it, but when I did it was nice to see the updates, from my own experiance with dates they recieved my OWP on Oct 21st and approved it Mar 25th so with any luck you might be within april sometime? Im now just waiting for it to come in the post which from my understanding takes about 2 weeks

fashiontart

Nov 18, 2021
No. They just emailed saying there was an update on my account but nothing was done when I logged in. It still only shows "submitted".
I think they just inputted my file in the the tracker. Nothing else. No AOR.
You're not looking in the right place. The place you submitted your application is just that. Where you submit it. In order to look at your account, you have to sign up for a GCKey acocunt, or the new PR tracker. Neither are where you submitted the application. There are links to both of the trackers are all over this forum.

Reactions: sponsort

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
You're not looking in the right place. The place you submitted your application is just that. Where you submit it. In order to look at your account, you have to sign up for a GCKey acocunt, or the new PR tracker. Neither are where you submitted the application. There are links to both of the trackers are all over this forum.
Yes, I was able to register for the tracker, but I thought the PR portal would also get updated.
Anyway, my tracker still doesnt show the app number. Just my name, contact details and when it was last updated.

fashiontart

Nov 18, 2021
Yes, I was able to register for the tracker, but I thought the PR portal would also get updated.
Anyway, my tracker still doesnt show the app number. Just my name, contact details and when it was last updated.
But did you sign up for GCKey? That seems to update before the new tracker (for me)

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
But did you sign up for GCKey? That seems to update before the new tracker (for me)
I've been trying to link it to the GCKey that I've been using since I got my PR, but without success. I guess I will have to try to sign up for a new one. Does it matter if the sponsor opens it or the PA? Did you have an app number when you signed up?

Fonzo

Mar 29, 2022
Hi all, our application for my wife was received April 2020 and her medical passed in Accra May 2021. I have sent several emails to the Accra office and the last update was background check passed in October 2021. Would it make sense to apply for a visitor visa now before her medical expires in May 2022? She was denied in December 2019 for a visitor visa just before we got married.