+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

alikatal

Aug 4, 2021
Is your spouse in Canada now? If not, she cannot do both.

She can apply outland before coming to Canada - but not the open work permit.

Or she can wait and apply inland and for the open work permit at same time.
Another thing I did not get from your answer is that it does not matter she applied for a visitor visa or not, If she is not in Canada, she cannot apply for the outland and open work permit at the same time? She can only do it if she is in Canada?

My other question is if she does not apply for PR until she comes here, can she apply for OWP while she is out of Canada?

It's a little bit confusing for me, so I like to know what can we do if here visitor visa is in the process? Apply for OWP at the same time is possible if we decide to apply inland?

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Another thing I did not get from your answer is that it does not matter she applied for a visitor visa or not, If she is not in Canada, she cannot apply for the outland and open work permit at the same time? She can only do it if she is in Canada?

My other question is if she does not apply for PR until she comes here, can she apply for OWP while she is out of Canada?

It's a little bit confusing for me, so I like to know what can we do if here visitor visa is in the process? Apply for OWP at the same time is possible if we decide to apply inland?
I do not understand all of what you wrote. Ignore the part about visitor visa etc., I was just trying to clarify a somewhat-obscure point.

The situation is simple, there are basically two scenarios:

-Apply outland: at any time, whether applicant in Canada or not, can be done now (as long as sponsor is in Canada). Outland process, once started, cannot apply for nor get open work permit. There is no ability to get the open work permit with the outland process.

-Inland: must be in Canada to apply for this. Can apply for open work permit. Obviously if not in Canada, must enter Canada first (eg visitor visa or ETA) before applying by this approach.

Reactions: YVR123

ricky.lambton

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
Toronto
Category........
Other
Hello everyone,
We got AOR finally after 7 months, but I am not able to link the application. As the email was sent to my sponsor. Do I need to enter his information when I want to link the application to my account? I tried with both of us information but it cannot find the application. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Congratulations!! was it online or paper? I'm in same boat, waiting from 6 months for an AOR.

alikatal

Aug 4, 2021
I do not understand all of what you wrote. Ignore the part about visitor visa etc., I was just trying to clarify a somewhat-obscure point.

The situation is simple, there are basically two scenarios:

-Apply outland: at any time, whether applicant in Canada or not, can be done now (as long as sponsor is in Canada). Outland process, once started, cannot apply for nor get open work permit. There is no ability to get the open work permit with the outland process.

-Inland: must be in Canada to apply for this. Can apply for open work permit. Obviously if not in Canada, must enter Canada first (eg visitor visa or ETA) before applying by this approach.
Okay, thanks. So no option for OWP with the outland process. It's clear now.

Reactions: armoured

mihirkumar patel

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017
Hello,

again Birth certificate…

As my wife did have birth certificate. She finally got it after a long court process. But now date of registration is whenever they did register ( in her case is 20/02/2022). So it is showing that it was not registered right after born.

will it be ok for PR souse visa?

Ayush56

Mar 22, 2022
Hello everyone, I have some questions regarding spousal sponsorship and any inputs and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I am a CEC inland applicant and my PR is under process and it’s been 6 months now. My girlfriend is in India and we are planning to get married in March 2023. She also has plans of going to culinary school in canada for fall 2023. I know she has to apply for schools in December and once she gets the admit, she will have to apply for study permit. Considering we’ll be married by March 2023 and I will be a PR by then, what is the best option for her to go to? Is it study permit or me sponsoring her for PR and delay her study by one year? Is it possible to apply for both as Outland applicant? If that’s an option to apply for both, will they delay her study permit because she’s also eligible for PR and will IRCC give importance to PR application? What other options are there so that she can come to canada before her school starts in fall 2023? Lastly, she has a bachelor’s degree in electronics engineering and now she wants to go to culinary school. How will that affect her study permit application as it’s two different streams?

Thank you.

Becoming

Star Member
Jan 24, 2021
App. Filed.......
02-12-2021
AOR Received.
03-03-2-22
My status tracker :---
Representative contact details
Representative’s name:
Mohammad Moniruzzaman
Email:
Unspecified
Phone number:
Unspecified
Address:
Unspecified
Language to contact them:
Unspecified
Method to contact them:
Email

I am the representative of my spouse. But why email, phone number, address are unspecified? Has anyboby faced the same situation?

saltherian

Mar 23, 2022
Hello everyone I have a quick question, so my spouse has just completed the biometric and medical test in Egypt and we are now awaiting the visa stamp on their passport. I just want to know if there is a certain period of time we must get the passport stamped after getting the go-ahead from immigration.

Shukaib Ahmed

Star Member
Aug 23, 2021
I just get reply from my wife's MP could anyone help me understand"what are the things included in security check"... down below is the reply from MP
"
IRCC can confirm that the sponsor’s eligibility has been approved. The criminality, medicals, and eligibility has been passed however, the security has not yet begun.

IRCC cannot provide a timeline to completion"

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Hello everyone I have a quick question, so my spouse has just completed the biometric and medical test in Egypt and we are now awaiting the visa stamp on their passport. I just want to know if there is a certain period of time we must get the passport stamped after getting the go-ahead from immigration.
Yes, it’s usually 30 days that they give you to submit your passport for visa.