+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Anaheim

Mar 22, 2014
Hi there ! I have a big need to see an opinion about my situation.I want to sponsor my boyfriend ,who lives in Europe.How long going to take the procedure ..from out land.Do we need to get married first?

hcseeker

Mar 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Med's Done....
21-04-2014
When I attempt to download certain form PDF's from CIC website using Google Chrome, the larger ones don't download. It comes up with a message that I need to update Adobe Reader. However, I have the last version. I tried on another computer using Firefox with the same results. Super frustrating as I have no way of contacting CIC from the US. Did anyone else have this trouble? Is there a way around it other than sending them snail mail to order forms sent to me by snail mail?
The forms I have this trouble with are: IMM 1344 and 0008. All other forms download properly and I can save them.

Ok, I just got them downloaded by using Internet Explorer. Why, I don't know but in case someone else has the same problem, here's a possible workaround.

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
Anaheim said:
Hi there ! I have a big need to see an opinion about my situation.I want to sponsor my boyfriend ,who lives in Europe.How long going to take the procedure ..from out land.Do we need to get married first?
You do need to be married first, unless you are in a common-law partnership (sometimes called a common-law marriage by some) by living together in a marriage-like arrangement for more than one year. Being married may be simpler. How long it will take depends on the visa office which processes applications from your boyfriend's country of residence. The current information on times is here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

Anaheim

Mar 22, 2014
Thanks for the info..I guess I have to go to UK now.And we need to take a lot of pictures, because we now each other from 25 years and we have none pis together.

hi am there

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hackysack2014 said:
Hi members:

I am new in this forum. Got the link from my friend. Wouldn't have written ever in this forum unless I fell in the situation which nobody wants while the immigration process is tedious and time elapsing.

Background: I sponsored my wife in May 2012. She landed in February 08, 2014. Was a long process to bring her over. Now I think this process should have never ended for me/her ! As soon as she landed, her body language got completely changed. I was not ready for this, anyway. I ignored initially, because I thought it was probably because of long flight all the way from Eastern India - may be jet lag or so.

Facts 1: Slowly she revealed herself.

Episode 1: I found her talking on the phone at the very late at night in the washroom. I was surprised. I asked her. She said talking to her parents. Okay fine. Why are you talking in the 'washroom' ? What secret you need to talk to them in the washroom while I was sleeping. She got freaked. There you go. I just avoided her to get involved into any arguments because it was almost 4 in the morning.

Episode 2: I found her talking on the phone at around 10 pm which is normal time. I just came back from work. I heard a bit of voice of a guy from the other end. She hung up the phone within a minute or so. I asked her but she did say with a "friend". Why did you hang up? Because I am done. Okay good.

Episode 3: Following day, I put a mini recorder in the room and washroom. She did not realize. Recorder captured 8 minutes talk (one sided voice) which I wish I could post here. It is audio record. So can't post here. Anyway, It is clear to me that she had a relation with someone in the home country.

Fact 2: Recently she started to "threat" me that I am not in a position to 'kick' her out of Canada. Fine! Why don't you leave me alone. She said she wants to stay with me until she could be eligible for sponsoring her 'lover' or 'boyfriend'. whatever you call it. If I kick her out of home, she will go and apply for "social assistance". Now she is blackmailing me!

Facts 3: She also threatened to make me look criminal to the law enforcement (police). How? She said she would cut her some parts of body and show it to police that I did it; or, "create some unusual scene" like screaming or something like that.....to get attention from the police by calling 911.

Few other facts are coming soon. I feel very disarrayed, tired and distorted while I am writing this fact to this forum. Please forgive me, if I am taking you time. However, I would love to have some suggestions how to handle this 'unfaithful' wife(?) ??? Please help me.
feeling sorry for u..have strength and faith in god

i suggest u to record some more conversations bet those two and record the threat conversation bet u two, keep a copy of this and report to the cic regarding ur situation along with the recordings as well as the nearest police officer. this should help u to avoid any kinds of blackmailg.

manage the situation carefully..dont make her aggressive.take care

Jp flores

Mar 8, 2014
Re: Spousal sponsorship/sponsorship breakdown/chil and family support

Hi, please hear my story. I got married in the Philippines. And my husband is now in Canada and I am here the Philippines. Is it possible that my husband can file a divorce there in Canada even though we got married here?

If yes, will I be notified by the Canadian court about the divorce proceedings? You see I heard a lot of stories to the effect that Filipinos are getting divorce in Canada and got married again in Canada. I heard that the reason this is commonly done it's because divorce is cheaper and easier than having an annulment proceedings in the Philippines.
And here's another thing we had a son.we had undergone our medical examination at a panel physician last january.
I didnt know if my husband filed our application.because last month he just told me he wants to divorce me.
Please I really need an answer about this issue. I hope you can clear my mind on these matters. Thank you very much and more power to you! God bless! :(

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
Nov. 19, 2014 AOR2 Feb.12 and request for PGR same day
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
Hi everyone. I have some more questions about getting a multiple entry visa and permanent residency for my girlfriend/soon to be wife. My girlfriend is Mexican and I am Canadian. We live together in Mexico right now. We want to go to Canada for a vacation and also want to apply for her residency. I am not sure how to apply for the multiple entry. Can I as a Canadian citizen invite her to go to Canada although I am not living there or does one of my relatives/friends living in Canada have to invite the both of us to go there? Also regarding the residency. I know that I can sponsor her even though I don't live in Canada if we can prove that we'll go to Canada when she gets the residency. How can I prove that in the best way? It's hard to get a job offer but I have family and friends that are willing to have us stay with them. Is that enough? If so do they need to write letters inviting us to stay with them or should the letters be written to Canadian immigration stating their willingness to have us stay with them? Thanks to all for the help and any advice.

maronvomra

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
SVO received PP 17-Mar-2014, DM on Apr-12, 2014
hcseeker said:
When I attempt to download certain form PDF's from CIC website using Google Chrome, the larger ones don't download. It comes up with a message that I need to update Adobe Reader. However, I have the last version. I tried on another computer using Firefox with the same results. Super frustrating as I have no way of contacting CIC from the US. Did anyone else have this trouble? Is there a way around it other than sending them snail mail to order forms sent to me by snail mail?
The forms I have this trouble with are: IMM 1344 and 0008. All other forms download properly and I can save them.

Ok, I just got them downloaded by using Internet Explorer. Why, I don't know but in case someone else has the same problem, here's a possible workaround.
Just use internet explorer. I had the same issue with chrome.

dhistikdhistik09

Jun 23, 2012
MONTREAL, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2013
AOR Received.
25-11-2013
File Transfer...
18-11-2013
Med's Done....
20-08-2013
Passport Req..
WAITING
Hi all,

I applied to sponsor my wife in Quebec last OCT, 2013. It took 2 weeks to hear from CIC and then another 3 weeks to get the CSQ of my wife. Now the application is being processed in the regional VISA office. Anybody have any idea how long it's gonna take for the passport request for the quebec sponsorship from the recent time experience? Thanks in advance.

kickb

Jul 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2013
Doc's Request.
22-03-2014(PCC, Medicals & RPRF) 21-05-2014(Proof of Communication), Feb 10, 2015 background info(updated)
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2014
Med's Request
22-03-2014, Mar 05, 2015(Re-medicals)
Med's Done....
02-04-2014
Interview........
Inprocess - Nov 07, 2014, Dec. Made: Jul 03, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jun 29, 2015
Where is your regional office?

kickb

Jul 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2013
Doc's Request.
22-03-2014(PCC, Medicals & RPRF) 21-05-2014(Proof of Communication), Feb 10, 2015 background info(updated)
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2014
Med's Request
22-03-2014, Mar 05, 2015(Re-medicals)
Med's Done....
02-04-2014
Interview........
Inprocess - Nov 07, 2014, Dec. Made: Jul 03, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jun 29, 2015
JAMO1973 said:
Hi everyone. I have some more questions about getting a multiple entry visa and permanent residency for my girlfriend/soon to be wife. My girlfriend is Mexican and I am Canadian. We live together in Mexico right now. We want to go to Canada for a vacation and also want to apply for her residency. I am not sure how to apply for the multiple entry. Can I as a Canadian citizen invite her to go to Canada although I am not living there or does one of my relatives/friends living in Canada have to invite the both of us to go there? Also regarding the residency. I know that I can sponsor her even though I don't live in Canada if we can prove that we'll go to Canada when she gets the residency. How can I prove that in the best way? It's hard to get a job offer but I have family and friends that are willing to have us stay with them. Is that enough? If so do they need to write letters inviting us to stay with them or should the letters be written to Canadian immigration stating their willingness to have us stay with them? Thanks to all for the help and any advice.
As per my knowledge, if you says she is ur gf and going for the vacation even tough you get someone invited chances of not getting visa. You need to think around.

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
Nov. 19, 2014 AOR2 Feb.12 and request for PGR same day
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
We will be married before we apply for the tourist visa. I imagine that must make it easier?

DJC_06

Oct 30, 2013
Japan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-2014
Med's Done....
Received.
Couple questions here. Sending off our application next month.

1. For the supporting documents section of the sponsor, it asks for proof of income, mentioning paystubs. I am currently living and working in Japan. Do I have to have all of my paystubs translated or can I supply a translation of my proof of employment from my work detailing my contract period, salary, and hours? Having all of the paystubs translated would be significantly more expensive; very expensive.

2. I have been accepted into a graduate program at a university in Canada. I'm submitting the PR application for my Japanese wife. School starts in September so I will be heading back in August. At that time, can my wife come with me as a tourist to help me get set-up in Canada? Can we apply from outside Canada and then be in Canada? I have read that as long as she comes as a tourist and says that she intends to leave, not reside in Canada, that everything will be okay. Very confused about this. We want to be together when I'm back at school. What should we do about her address on the PR application? Change it to her parents'?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
JAMO1973 said:
We will be married before we apply for the tourist visa. I imagine that must make it easier?
It generally makes it more difficult, as CIC typically concludes that it is not a visit. However, you do have an option if they refuse to grant a TRV and you have a pending PR application - you can request they issue a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP). This is described in OP 20 "Temporary Resident Permits" on the CIC website. If you review Section 5 there is a category called "early admission" that covers cases such as yours. There is a fee (above and beyond the TRV fee) for such an application, but if successful, she would have a TRP (and a TRV so she can travel to Canada).

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
DJC_06 said:
Couple questions here. Sending off our application next month.

1. For the supporting documents section of the sponsor, it asks for proof of income, mentioning paystubs. I am currently living and working in Japan. Do I have to have all of my paystubs translated or can I supply a translation of my proof of employment from my work detailing my contract period, salary, and hours? Having all of the paystubs translated would be significantly more expensive; very expensive.

2. I have been accepted into a graduate program at a university in Canada. I'm submitting the PR application for my Japanese wife. School starts in September so I will be heading back in August. At that time, can my wife come with me as a tourist to help me get set-up in Canada? Can we apply from outside Canada and then be in Canada? I have read that as long as she comes as a tourist and says that she intends to leave, not reside in Canada, that everything will be okay. Very confused about this. We want to be together when I'm back at school. What should we do about her address on the PR application? Change it to her parents'?
1. I would think that translating one paystub would be sufficient. Aren't they all basically the same? I wouldn't stress out too much about income because there is no required income level to sponsor a spouse. Actually, I think that the "proof of employment" letter would be more useful. I wouldn't even bother with the paystubs.

2. It's fine to visit Canada while applying outside Canada, but if an interview is required, that will be in Japan or whichever visa office looks after Japan, but I have heard that only about 3% of applications require interviews. She probably won't have a problem visiting you in Canada because Japanese citizens are visa-exempt. She will still have to meet the requirements of any visitor: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp?country=Japan She'll more than likely need to show a return ticket back to Japan. If she'll be a temporary resident of Canada (as a visitor), her address will be the one in Canada, unless it's asking for her "permanent address" which is back in Japan. You don't want them mailing updates to Japan if she's not going to be there.