Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014
They are refusing our case because the Lawyer was not registered to sign for the Registrar and we have 45 days from August 21/13. They can go to hell In Sha Allah............
In Islam when 2 people marry there is no need for it to be registered!!!
My husband was not at fault the lawyer was and CIC Islamabad said my husband misrepresented himself in this matter! And we can reapply after 2 years can you believe this crap!!!!

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
micmac101 said:
They are refusing our case because the Lawyer was not registered to sign for the Registrar and we have 45 days from August 21/13. They can go to hell In Sha Allah............
My husband was not at fault the lawyer was and CIC Islamabad said my husband misrepresented himself in this matter! And we can reapply after 2 years can you believe this crap!!!!
Micmac, sorry if I sound like a broken record, but you definitely need a lawyer if you want to do anything about this and be successful.

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
North Shore of New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Its a lawyer who screwed us up in the first place the marriage was not registered in Pakistan!!

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
North Shore of New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Please can someone guide me and my husband they are going to refuse our case in 45 days because the marriage was not registered as the lawyer was not registered to sign the Nikka and the Union Council sent the same reply to CIC Islamabad that the lawyer was not registered to sign and my husband had no idea that he wasn't registered please some one help us

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
Heppster said:
Hello All,

For those of you who have already landed, you may be able to answer this for me. Does the Immigration Officer give you any type of Temporary Permanent Resident Card until the actual Permanent Card come in the mail? I ask because my Wife and I are planing to go to Brazil for the World Cup, July 2014, but if the processing of our visa goes according to schedule, we would land in Canada in late May or June 2014, which means that we would not have the Permanent Resident Card yet. Our trip would be for just 2 weeks.

Any thoughts?? Thanks.
You are counting the chicks before they hatch. Also, you have not mentioned where you permanently (and legally) live or which citizenship you have. That could make a big difference in your case.

If your citizenship is visa-exempt to Canada you can board a plane to Canada based on your citizenship and then work with the immigration agent in Canada to re-enter as a PR. If your citizenship is not visa-exempt but you are a PR of a country that makes you visa-free to Canada (such as being a US PR) then you can come back to Canada in the same fashion.

Otherwise, perhaps the world cup is not what we call a priority.

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
micmac101 said:
Its a lawyer who screwed us up in the first place the marriage was not registered in Pakistan!!
I understand that.

But if a surgeon did an operation and left a medical instrument inside you, who would you go to to have it removed? A gardener? Would you do it yourself?

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
micmac101 said:
You are right, in Islam when 2 people marry there is no need for it to be registered. However, for Canada, unless the nikkah is appropriately registered it has no legal validity and you are in fact considered not married. That is why they are referring to it as "misrepresentation" (because you filed an application stating that you are married while Canadian law does not recognize it).

You have 45 days to square away the issue. You must contact the authorities of the place you got married and present your case and ask them how to correct it. You must also write a letter to CIC letting them know that you were unaware your lawyer was not registered to sign the document for the purposes of its registration. Let them know how you came about using him as your lawyer and why you didn't believe he was not registered (include the part where in fact your document shows signs of being legally registered). If the authorities accepted the registration of the document through a lawyer that was not authorized to sign it then you must ask for a formal explanation of why (or at least that it happened as an oversight).

There is a solution for everything!

Heppster

Star Member
Sep 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
26-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-07-2013
cempjwi said:
You are counting the chicks before they hatch. Also, you have not mentioned where you permanently (and legally) live or which citizenship you have. That could make a big difference in your case.

If your citizenship is visa-exempt to Canada you can board a plane to Canada based on your citizenship and then work with the immigration agent in Canada to re-enter as a PR. If your citizenship is not visa-exempt but you are a PR of a country that makes you visa-free to Canada (such as being a US PR) then you can come back to Canada in the same fashion.

Otherwise, perhaps the world cup is not what we call a priority.
Hello,
My wife is a Brazilian Citizen, I am a Canadian, but we are living In Northern Ireland. She has her Permanent Resident Status in the United Kingdom, but she has been denied a tourist visa to both the US and Canada. My Wife is not Visa Exempt do to these reasons.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Heppster said:
Hello,
My wife is a Brazilian Citizen, I am a Canadian, but we are living In Northern Ireland. She has her Permanent Resident Status in the United Kingdom, but she has been denied a tourist visa to both the US and Canada. My Wife is not Visa Exempt do to these reasons.
If she is not visa exempt then you have no other options - she 100% needs a PR travel document if she wants to fly back to Canada after landing but before receiving the PR card in the mail. Without this travel document, they would not even let her board the plane in Brazil.

Of course I agree with others that you are getting way ahead of yourselves. This is an event way in the future and there's a good chance her PR may arrive at some other time, so don't worry about it until the time comes.

Heppster

Star Member
Sep 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
26-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-07-2013
Rob_TO said:
If she is not visa exempt then you have no other options - she 100% needs a PR travel document if she wants to fly back to Canada after landing but before receiving the PR card in the mail. Without this travel document, they would not even let her board the plane in Brazil.

Of course I agree with others that you are getting way ahead of yourselves. This is an event way in the future and there's a good chance her PR may arrive at some other time, so don't worry about it until the time comes.
Thanks Rob_TO,
I know that it is way in the future, but I just wanted to know what my options are. I like to plan ahead, and so, I like to be aware of the possible options should the application not come until late may. Based on the processing times from people on this forum, the visa should come much sooner, but I like to be prepared for the worst!

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
Heppster said:
Thanks Rob_TO,
I know that it is way in the future, but I just wanted to know what my options are. I like to plan ahead, and so, I like to be aware of the possible options should the application not come until late may. Based on the processing times from people on this forum, the visa should come much sooner, but I like to be prepared for the worst!
Heppster,

Processing time for a PRTD through the Sao Paulo visa office is two business days.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/brazil-bresil/visas/processing-traitement.aspx

There are also visa application centres in Brasilia and Rio de Janeiro.

Heppster

Star Member
Sep 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
26-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-07-2013
frege said:
Heppster,

Processing time for a PRTD through the Sao Paulo visa office is two business days.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/brazil-bresil/visas/processing-traitement.aspx

There are also visa application centres in Brasilia and Rio de Janeiro.
Thanks frege,
I was aware of this and I have seen this already. I just wanted to know if we could avoid this during our holiday. We will wait patiently and hope that we will be able to land in March 2014 and avoid all these troubles.

nanediniz

Aug 2, 2012
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo-Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
never
File Transfer...
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
Flight booked to Oct 26th
Heppster said:
Thanks frege,
I was aware of this and I have seen this already. I just wanted to know if we could avoid this during our holiday. We will wait patiently and hope that we will be able to land in March 2014 and avoid all these troubles.
So that you know Happster, me and other fellow Brazilian applicants from January/2013 are still waiting on Passport request... It's been over 7 months for me already and my application is straightforward as I also didn't have any documentation request. The latest visas issued by Sao Paulo VO are taking about 2 months after passport request. I'm sure the strike is playing a part but you have to consider the backlog after the strike as well.
Good luck.

coolcanadian

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Hello,
I was sponsored to come to Canada by my ex now we are divorced and i got remarried to someone back home.....my five years will finish in few days however i became a Canadian citizen last month....does this law still effect me as I am a citizen now?Huh

If it does not then i am filling up application to sponsor,sponsorship agreement and undertaking (im1344). In that form what do i reply to question 5 in sponsor eligibility assessment?Huh?

any help will be greatly appreciated

MizAngel

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/02/2014
Doc's Request.
11/03/2014
AOR Received.
23/04/2014
File Transfer...
09/05/2014
Med's Done....
19/02/2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 12/08/2014, CoPR 20/08/2014
LANDED..........
23/08/2014
Hi All,

I posted a couple pages back but I think it got lost in the shuffle.

Can anyone tell me if I need to include my fiance's step-siblings from a marriage that just happened in June and whom he's never met? They're all over the age of 18 and I didn't see any place to put his step-father so I'm just wondering if they'll think it's weird to put step-siblings on?

Basically his mom just married some guy that we all barely know and have never met anyone from his family except him. My fiance doesn't consider him his father or consider the guy's kids his family, but will CIC think differently?