+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

ukhalid74

Jul 19, 2012
Dear Leon,
Hi,

My fiance lives in Pakistan and as you now nowadays sponsoring your spouse approval take much longer time in case three years.
need your advice on the below option

a) what if she apply for a student visa and come here which usually take one year.
b) we will get married here and then can i apply for her sponsorship while we both here.
c) does it have an impact on her student visa.
d)what if she not continue studies once i file her sponsorship paper.
e) as i also recently come back here and my PR card expire and i cant apply for its renewal as i didn't qualify for RQ, means did not fulfill their 730 days criteria, still i can file for her sponsorship
f) what if i file for her sponsorship she can travel on her student visa while she not studying.

would appreciate your detail advice

nanediniz

Aug 2, 2012
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo-Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
never
File Transfer...
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
Flight booked to Oct 26th
Guys, the Ottawa VO processes applications from which countries? I see a lot of COPR's lately are from there...

JULIII

Aug 26, 2013
***Sincerely sorry for posting my questions - I feel all of you have greatly contributed to this knowledge in forum hence my query pl ****

FRIENDS - I AM A SINGLE MOTHER SEEKING HELP - PL DONT IGNORE THIS MESSAGE

I applied under FSW2 (Arranged employment in Canada Post studies)

MEDICAL LINE ON ecas APRIL 2013 - TILL DATE NO PPR - VISA OFFICE - NDVO - AM AWARE OF STRIKE TOO

MY QUESTION :

MY REPRESENTATIVE I FILLED MY APPLICATION WITH ISN'T IN GOOD TERMS WITH ME ANYMORE FOR SOME REASON - I AM deciding to file for cancelling a representative

a) How do I do it
b) Does it affect my file
c) Can the Representative do somethng to my PR file due to this by transmitting any wrong info etc - I am just tensed
d) What if the Representative has received a passport request for me and has missed the email from Embassy - is there any other way to find out -

I pray for all of you and thank you for any kind advise on this

thanks
Julie

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
a) http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/representative.asp contains the form to cancel a representative.
b) I don't think so.
c) Not once you have cancelled the representative. Or, at least no more than anyone else can.
d) Send a "case specific enquiry" to the Visa Office. Mark it urgent. https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=new%20delhi

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ukhalid74 said:
a) what if she apply for a student visa and come here which usually take one year.

She needs to get accepted to a college, then apply for a student visa, show that she will not overstay and has funds to pay first years tuition and $10,000 to survive for the first 6 months.

b) we will get married here and then can i apply for her sponsorship while we both here.

You can.

c) does it have an impact on her student visa.

No.

e) as i also recently come back here and my PR card expire and i cant apply for its renewal as i didn't qualify for RQ, means did not fulfill their 730 days criteria, still i can file for her sponsorship

No, you would have a problem. When you apply to sponsor, you bring attention to yourself. Immigration will see that you do not meet 730 days and they can investigate you and may revoke your PR because of that.

f) what if i file for her sponsorship she can travel on her student visa while she not studying.

If she quits her program and leaves Canada, the immigration officers may not allow her back in when she tries to return. If you have applied inland in Canada, she will lose her application if she is outside and can not return.

fathoom123

Apr 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July.20.2011
File Transfer...
Sep.13.2011
I want to cancel my sponsorship... how do I do that? My husband has lied to me in many occasions... and things have not been good in our relationship.... I waited to inform CIC because I was still in hope for things working out between us... I was in hope maybe once we are together in Canada things will get better...our marriage has been influenced alot by his family... but its enough from my side now and I want to cancel my sponsorship. and I have filed for a Divorce from him, just yesterday.... Please I need to do cancel my application.....

Betina

Jul 17, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Doc's Request.
05-08-2013 (IMM5669E/Q8), 14-11-2013 (proof of return, of funds, of cohabitation)
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
12-11-2012, repeat x-ray for extension 23-01-2014 (extension granted)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
fathoom123 said:
I want to cancel my sponsorship... how do I do that? My husband has lied to me in many occasions... and things have not been good in our relationship.... I waited to inform CIC because I was still in hope for things working out between us... I was in hope maybe once we are together in Canada things will get better...our marriage has been influenced alot by his family... but its enough from my side now and I want to cancel my sponsorship. and I have filed for a Divorce from him, just yesterday.... Please I need to do cancel my application.....
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=732&t=14

mariyamihsan

Aug 26, 2013
Hello everyone,

i am a Canadian citizen married to a pakistani national. we are done with our sponsor ship application but are having problems with the fee process. since i am living in Pakistan with my husband, i am not sure how to submit the fees. My husband or me don't have a credit card. but can someone else ( residing in the US ) pay our fees.
he , who will be paying , is my husband's brother-in-law. i was wondering if we could have him pay the fees and we pay him instead. and if yes he can , should he write a letter saying that he payed for us and we have payed him in return?
Thankyou.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
mariyamihsan said:
Hello everyone,

i am a Canadian citizen married to a pakistani national. we are done with our sponsor ship application but are having problems with the fee process. since i am living in Pakistan with my husband, i am not sure how to submit the fees. My husband or me don't have a credit card. but can someone else ( residing in the US ) pay our fees.
he , who will be paying , is my husband's brother-in-law. i was wondering if we could have him pay the fees and we pay him instead. and if yes he can , should he write a letter saying that he payed for us and we have payed him in return?
Thankyou.
I understand that anyone can make the payment. They just have to fill in their information on the receipt before it is sent off with the application. This is so that any refund goes to the correct person. CIC doesn't care where they get their money from :)

ann1416

Aug 27, 2013
Hello I need some answers on my below situation:

I am currently living in the united states illegally for the past 8 years but I came with a visitors visa valid for 10 years but never went back to my home country. My boyfriend who is currently a Canadian citizen wants to marry me and sponsor me to Canada but do I have to go back to my home country? Or I can stay in the US for a little more then migrate to Canada? Please help if anyone knows.

Thanks,
Ann

Hungary

Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2013
File Transfer...
2013-09-20
Med's Done....
28-05-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
computergeek said:
Yes, I can see that this letter would be confusing. It is what I would call a "definite maybe" - which means nothing definitive.

It does not change my previous advice. But if you are really concerned, I would suggest that you consult with an experienced immigration attorney.
Yess, Computergeek, I figured the very same thing after calming down a little bit. And I decided that I am choosing to submit my application to Vienna, the TD and I already put together everything and even more.
So I just need to organize it a little bit and send it.
I do feel that It was unfair what had happened to me and That I do have a strong case. :) the other thing this is the simplest way because of the children....
If they refuse it, we will go on with the sponsorship.

THANK YOU guys for helping soooo much to me, if you didn't help I would be still crying and understanding NOTHING. But all of you put a LOT into explaining so much and going into every detail and I am very very grateful. Messenger (Tom) was right, this is some kind of a family here....
Thanks again.

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
ann1416 said:
Hello I need some answers on my below situation:

I am currently living in the united states illegally for the past 8 years but I came with a visitors visa valid for 10 years but never went back to my home country. My boyfriend who is currently a Canadian citizen wants to marry me and sponsor me to Canada but do I have to go back to my home country? Or I can stay in the US for a little more then migrate to Canada? Please help if anyone knows.

Thanks,
Ann
Yes, you can apply from the US and stay in the US throughout the entire process. Most likely you will not have to go back to your home country to complete the process. However, because you did not enter the US with a 1yr permit (visitors are only allowed for 90 days to 6months in the best case scenario, even if you extended your permit it will not count) your case will be processed in your home country and the wait times will be of the VO in your home country (that is your file will most likely not be processed in Ottawa, where most application from the US are processed). CIC says that in some cases the application will not qualify for an immigrant visa if they are out of status in another country but I am yet to hear a case like that (if you are under deportation proceedings, have a criminal record, etc, the case may be different).

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
Is there a problem if my wife come from Canada to visit me until issuing the Visa by the visa office

because the processing time in my visa office its take a long time its may up to 18 months
i think its too much and i cant tolerate all of that without wife and son

the visa office in Cairo they received my application just before 1 month.

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
Hungary said:
Yess, Computergeek, I figured the very same thing after calming down a little bit. And I decided that I am choosing to submit my application to Vienna, the TD and I already put together everything and even more.
So I just need to organize it a little bit and send it.
I do feel that It was unfair what had happened to me and That I do have a strong case. :) the other thing this is the simplest way because of the children....
If they refuse it, we will go on with the sponsorship.

THANK YOU guys for helping soooo much to me, if you didn't help I would be still crying and understanding NOTHING. But all of you put a LOT into explaining so much and going into every detail and I am very very grateful. Messenger (Tom) was right, this is some kind of a family here....
Thanks again.
Hi Hungary,

I made the suggestion before that you make 100% sure you and your children are eligible to be sponsored before taking steps that might result in you losing your PR. Ideally, you could go over your case with a lawyer, who might even make suggestions that we haven't made here.

If you can't do that, at least go through the procedures with a fine-toothed comb. You could start by reading through manuals IP 2 and OP 2 on sponsorship to check for any problems.

In any case, good luck!