N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Baby1990 said:
He had study permit n now he is going to apply work permit.
Ohh
actually there is a form which shows when we lived together
Again I'm not too sure how the extending or changing of study/work visas works but as for your marriage you have a marriage certificate so you include that with an explanation of your relationship; how you met and what you both found in each other to fall in love and get married etc.

Baby1990

Star Member
Oct 15, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok thanks. I m showing everything like that. Just providing ph records n photos as proof. I dnt hv anything else with me. Also there is a question which says for how long u lived together. Thats what i was thinking

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Baby1990 said:
Ok thanks. I m showing everything like that. Just providing ph records n photos as proof. I dnt hv anything else with me. Also there is a question which says for how long u lived together. Thats what i was thinking
You can put in the amount of time you have lived together but you will also explain in more detail the conditions of it.

Yani26

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila,Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2014
Med's Done....
March 13, 2014
Hi i just want to ask if its possible?

Im a PR with a canadian citizen baby,I want to invite my "Boyfriend" who is the father of my 1month old son to come as a VISITOR
then we get married here in Canada and eventually apply him for Permanent Resident in Canada.

is that POSSIBLE??AND VALID??

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Yani26 said:
Hi i just want to ask if its possible?

Im a PR with a canadian citizen baby,I want to invite my "Boyfriend" who is the father of my 1month old son to come as a VISITOR
then we get married here in Canada and eventually apply him for Permanent Resident in Canada.

is that POSSIBLE??AND VALID??
Have you been a PR longer than you have known your boyfriend?

manisondh

Sep 27, 2012
Re: Spousal sponsorship.............. please help

well, I have computer skills, as i have done B.SC-IT, I have also applied in pizza-pizza, pizza hut and 7-11, but no reply till now
If u help me in my starter job near my location, i'll be very thankful to u

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Vegreville /CPC - Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
Hi everyone.
A question about criminal record check. We are sending our application inland and I only need a police record check from Canada, as I entered canada few weeks after turning 18. We want to send a police record check upfront with the rest of the application, in hopes that it will reduce the processing time if we include both medical and record check up front. Is it ok to include a record check upfront, as the instruction guide states that "....These documents are to be provided for each country other than Canada, in which you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18." Has anyone sent their record check beforehand? Is it wise to send it or just wait for them to request it.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Re: Spousal sponsorship.............. please help

manisondh said:
well, I have computer skills, as i have done B.SC-IT, I have also applied in pizza-pizza, pizza hut and 7-11, but no reply till now
If u help me in my starter job near my location, i'll be very thankful to u
First rule is apply for everything. Even if it is just outside your skillset. All trades and educations have transferable traits. although I would never dissuade anyone from applying for the fast food jobs there is also no harm in applying for jobs within the sphere of your education and training.

Also those that belong to a profession should first look to joining any professional association within their field. Networking is key.

Associations:
http://www.cips.ca/
http://www.ictam.ca/site/about?nav=01

Jobs:
http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/res-eng.aspx?CmmGrp=GMB007&Categ=2*&OpPage=50&Stdnt=No&nsrc=1

http://www.mts.ca/mts/about+mts+allstream/careers

http://jobs.rogers.com/ca/winnipeg-jobs

http://www.hydro.mb.ca/careers/technology/index.shtml

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
ortom said:
Hi everyone.
A question about criminal record check. We are sending our application inland and I only need a police record check from Canada, as I entered canada few weeks after turning 18. We want to send a police record check upfront with the rest of the application, in hopes that it will reduce the processing time if we include both medical and record check up front. Is it ok to include a record check upfront, as the instruction guide states that "....These documents are to be provided for each country other than Canada, in which you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18." Has anyone sent their record check beforehand? Is it wise to send it or just wait for them to request it.
Many Visa Offices, you send the PCC with the application. It's part of the complete package. It depends on your country specific instructions and what the trends at your VO are. You should check with people from your VO.

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
We are applying inland, which means Ottawa will be handling the application once it is approved in vegreville. Should we still send the record check to ottawa? Also a few more questions, at the generic form IMM008 it asks "immigration office requested for processing this application", should I write Cpp-ottawa or Vegreville? As i'm aware that it is first emailed to vegreville and forwarded to ottawa afterwards. And lastly, in the background declaration i'm having two problems. First there isn't enough room to write Bachelor Degree or Maturity Diploma, under the type of certificate/diploma. Can I write BA for bachelor? How about Maturity diploma? Should I attach a paper and write maturity deploma and Bachelor Degree? The second issue is with the "personal history", do I include travel such as vacation for 1-2 weeks while studying?

amikety said:
Many Visa Offices, you send the PCC with the application. It's part of the complete package. It depends on your country specific instructions and what the trends at your VO are. You should check with people from your VO.

kan12

Aug 19, 2010
hello,
i am a new canadian pr (for the last 6 months), and my girl friend who is chinese just came to visit me in canada. she has a visitor visa. we have known each other for 2 years as we studied together in college in china.

we are planning to get married but i had some questions. i would really appreciate if someone can help me out with this:-

a) her 6 month visitor permit will expire in next 3 months. we need to extend her visitor permit so that she can continue to live here. is it possible to renew visitor permit after our marriage is registered, but while we have not sent her PR application (planning to do an inland application). on the other post that i have read, other people have already either applied for PR before visitor extenion (and shown their PR application number when submitted extension for visitor permit), or they submit the PR application at the same time with the visitor extension.
the reason i cannot submit PR application before or at the same time as her visitor permit extention application is because we need some more time to prepare all the papers for the PR application after we get married.

b) if it is easier to apply outland, then we are planning that we go back to China after registering our marriage here in Canada.
i) is it ok to have the marriage registered in Canada while she was on visitor visa, and then apply the PR application in China
ii) if i have want to live with her in China while the PR application is in process is that ok. I read somewhere that to sponsor wife with an outland application, if the husband has PR and is not a citizen, then he has to remain in Canada while the application is in process

iii) if i have to technically remain in Canada while her out PR application is in process, i can ask my company to transfer me to China to continue to work there for 1 year (this would not be a problem). so if i am continuing to work for Canadian company that has transfered me to China because of the job, will this be ok

i am sorry for asking such long questions, but while i tried, i could not find specific information to my questions else where. I would really appreciate if someone can help me with this.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kan12 said:
a) her 6 month visitor permit will expire in next 3 months. we need to extend her visitor permit so that she can continue to live here. is it possible to renew visitor permit after our marriage is registered, but while we have not sent her PR application (planning to do an inland application). on the other post that i have read, other people have already either applied for PR before visitor extenion (and shown their PR application number when submitted extension for visitor permit), or they submit the PR application at the same time with the visitor extension.
the reason i cannot submit PR application before or at the same time as her visitor permit extention application is because we need some more time to prepare all the papers for the PR application after we get married.

Yes, you can apply to extend her visitor status based on that you have gotten married and are preparing your PR application and will apply.

b) if it is easier to apply outland, then we are planning that we go back to China after registering our marriage here in Canada.
i) is it ok to have the marriage registered in Canada while she was on visitor visa, and then apply the PR application in China

Yes, that is fine.

ii) if i have want to live with her in China while the PR application is in process is that ok. I read somewhere that to sponsor wife with an outland application, if the husband has PR and is not a citizen, then he has to remain in Canada while the application is in process

Yes, a PR sponsor must be residing in Canada

iii) if i have to technically remain in Canada while her out PR application is in process, i can ask my company to transfer me to China to continue to work there for 1 year (this would not be a problem). so if i am continuing to work for Canadian company that has transfered me to China because of the job, will this be ok

No, I PR sponsor must be residing in Canada, not technically but physically. Working for a Canadian employer in China may count towards your PR residency requirements but does not count as residing in Canada for a sponsor. You may be able to risk short trips to visit your wife during the processing time, I would say definitely not longer than 2-3 weeks and make sure somebody is checking your mail and messages in case immigration tries to get in touch. If immigration finds out that you have left Canada and believes you are not residing in Canada, they can cancel your application.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
ortom said:
We are applying inland, which means Ottawa will be handling the application once it is approved in vegreville. Should we still send the record check to ottawa? Also a few more questions, at the generic form IMM008 it asks "immigration office requested for processing this application", should I write Cpp-ottawa or Vegreville? As i'm aware that it is first emailed to vegreville and forwarded to ottawa afterwards. And lastly, in the background declaration i'm having two problems. First there isn't enough room to write Bachelor Degree or Maturity Diploma, under the type of certificate/diploma. Can I write BA for bachelor? How about Maturity diploma? Should I attach a paper and write maturity deploma and Bachelor Degree? The second issue is with the "personal history", do I include travel such as vacation for 1-2 weeks while studying?
I was under the impression Vegreville did all of Inland processing, so best someone else answer that part of your question.

In Canada "Degree" means Bachelor degree unless you state otherwise (or at least it does where I live). You can just write "diploma." (I have no idea what a maturity diploma is anyway!) Your education isn't vital to the application - you won't be judged on it. So you don't have to include every nitty gritty detail.

For travel, I wouldn't include short trips. I'd only include places you lived/visited 6 months or more. That's in line with police check requirements. If you did visit somewhere you think you should disclose (like a war zone) then I would treat that separately and include my passport stamps, hotel reservations, and a letter detailing your business there - but only if it's extreme. Regular holidays in most of the world is just a vacation, no biggie.

pritha

Star Member
Oct 8, 2012
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
14-06-2013
Interview........
11-06-2014
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
11-06-2014
hi experts,

can i put the the Application to Change Conditions, Extend My Stay in Canada as visitor or TRP holder (IMM 5708E) and the Application to Change Conditions, Extend My Stay or remain in Canada as a Worker (IMM 5710E) along with my PR application ?? or Should i just one of them ?

Thanks,
P

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
Thanks. I guess i will write degree for bachelor and diploma for highschool. A "maturity diploma" is a word to wort translation from my language lol, didnt know how else to call it, basically the diploma that you get after high school.
As for vegreville, i am under the impression that the sponsor approval is done by vegreville and than the rest of the application is forwarded to ottawa. Hopefully someone more knowledgable about this matter will clarify this for me.
Also, I have only traveled for vacation in areas where there hasnt been any war, so that should be fine.
amikety said:
I was under the impression Vegreville did all of Inland processing, so best someone else answer that part of your question.

In Canada "Degree" means Bachelor degree unless you state otherwise (or at least it does where I live). You can just write "diploma." (I have no idea what a maturity diploma is anyway!) Your education isn't vital to the application - you won't be judged on it. So you don't have to include every nitty gritty detail.

For travel, I wouldn't include short trips. I'd only include places you lived/visited 6 months or more. That's in line with police check requirements. If you did visit somewhere you think you should disclose (like a war zone) then I would treat that separately and include my passport stamps, hotel reservations, and a letter detailing your business there - but only if it's extreme. Regular holidays in most of the world is just a vacation, no biggie.