+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Material

Feb 16, 2011
boxsterspeed3 said:
hello everyone! I hope you can help me to clear some notions regarding on how will I sponsor my girlfriend to come with me to Canada if I am already there..

Currently, my mother is sponsoring me and my father under the Care-giver live-in Program..We are almost in the last stage of the processing..We're waiting for our visas to be issued..

My family promised me to help me to sponsor my girlfriend when I get there..They said that it will take 6 months before I can get her and I must marry her here in the Philippines..

I would like to ask you guys if you have any idea on how the processing goes in this kind of sponsorship and if possible, you can give me a time line of processing..

Also, is there a minimum time of staying there in Canada before I'll go back to here in the Philippines to marry my gf?

How can I prove to embassy that I can sponsor my girlfriend?is there a minimum salary to be achieved?

thank you very much!
My personel advice will be

Come to Canada find a job start working after a couple of months when u establish yourself take a couple weeks of go marry ur girlfriend gather as much proof as u can of your relationship collect all the telephone records that show you calling her from Canada also if you chat alot I would keep the archieve to show it as proof as well, pictures , facbook anything that you think will add strength to your case.After you get this over with start doing reasearch learn everything u can on the process of sponsoring your spouse start by reading the first topic in this thread by Leon its really helpful !! I dont have the links for the manuals but they are available on the CIC website by doing this you will save a lot of time and money!!.

As for the income you just have to show that you have a monthly income it doesnt matter how much at least thats what I know.

Hope this helps

Cheers

togirl2011

Star Member
Feb 6, 2011
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2010
Doc's Request.
25-05-2011
AOR Received.
25-01-2011
File Transfer...
08-11-2010
Med's Request
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2011
LANDED..........
24-06-2011
ALO: the meds are most important at this time. in order to bring the children the father will need the permission of the other parent. this is usually granted if he has "full custody" (and has a letter to prove this) or a letter from the other parent noting that they allow the children to join him in Canada (should be notarized). Check with the embassy that will do your process as they may require something now to show that the other parent is willing to allow the children to immigrate in the future. CIC wants to do all validation checks for dependents at the PR application stage. This will not be required later when you file for dependent sponsorship. That was what we were told. We included a notarized letter from the parent stating that they acknowledge XXX has full custody of xxx and that he/she may accompany XXX to Canada in the future.

hope that helps.

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
Hello ... thank your for explaining this matter , it will really help a lot of readers ! I have some questions about my situation. I was also under spousal sponsorship and living in MONTREAL , im holding a visitors visa since last year while my papers are on process ....

applied for extension of my visa last year and was allowed to stay from JUNE 2010 to DEC 2010
applied for 2ND time extension of my visa by NOVEMBER2010 but until now i havent got any extension letter from CIC ??? how is this possible?

FEB 21,2011 GOT CSQ APPROVE BY MICC

Im worried about my status now because they never send any letter of extension until now.....

any reply would be greatly appreciated , thank you !

missinghim

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Dec-'10.
File Transfer...
04-Jan-'11.
Passport Req..
19-Jan-'11.
VISA ISSUED...
4-Mar-'11
LANDED..........
18-July-'11
Leon said:
I can only repeat my prior answer. The IO may decide not to send the PR card upon hearing that he will not be there to receive it. That is up to the IO. There are many people who give an address of a friend or relative or whatever and do not discuss with the IO at all if they will be there and in such a scenario, their PR card will be sent to that address where the relatives can bring it, mail it or have it sent by courier.
Thanks, It makes sense..."The IO may decide not to send the PR card upon hearing that he will not be there to receive it".
We are in a worse situation now ..first we need the visa, and we just found out it was mailed to our old address yesterday despite the fact we sent in 4 requests to change our address and they confirmed receipt yet still went ahead with using our old address. Makes me sick. We'll have less time to land now thats if we get it on time. It was an unsuccessful delivery because we are not at that address so nobody could sign for it but post man wasnt taking it seriously when we talked to him. He couldnt remember and said he doesnt see it at post office. We are going back to post office tomorrow. Hope we get it back soon with plenty of time to land.

jiyamano

May 31, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
LANDED..........
Ok i really need some advice here. My VO is Japan and because of the current situation I am sure that it will get more delayed or who knows they will issue PPR in couple of days. VO in Tokyo is working already i found out and i was suppose to get any news about PPR by the end of March or mid April. Keeping the circumstances in mind it is not even safe to go back to Japan and wait for the visa. Should i ask VO to transfer the file to my spouse home country?? or i should wait for the PPR and then let them know that it is not possible for us wait in Japan for the visa and ask them to issue visa in spouse home country ??? I am so confused Please help me in this matter.

Thank you in advance.

faithyou

Mar 8, 2011
Waterloo, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept. 2011
File Transfer...
Oct. 2011
Med's Done....
Dec. 2011
Passport Req..
January 2012, PPS Sent - February 2012
VISA ISSUED...
MARCH 2012 !!!
LANDED..........
already landed :))
hello...i just would like to ask if it's possible for my husband to get me here from the philippines & stay w/ him there in Canada?he's a temporary worker, he's been there for 6 months now.From where we will start?where can we send our application,there in canada or here in the philippines? thanks. :)

boxsterspeed3

Sep 5, 2010
Material said:
My personel advice will be

Come to Canada find a job start working after a couple of months when u establish yourself take a couple weeks of go marry ur girlfriend gather as much proof as u can of your relationship collect all the telephone records that show you calling her from Canada also if you chat alot I would keep the archieve to show it as proof as well, pictures , facbook anything that you think will add strength to your case.After you get this over with start doing reasearch learn everything u can on the process of sponsoring your spouse start by reading the first topic in this thread by Leon its really helpful !! I dont have the links for the manuals but they are available on the CIC website by doing this you will save a lot of time and money!!.

As for the income you just have to show that you have a monthly income it doesnt matter how much at least thats what I know.

Hope this helps

Cheers
thanks for the response Material! It would be very helpful.. :)

anyway, another question, a civil wedding is valid, right?

I'm just worried that the processing would take long time..Do you have any idea on how long would it take to process?

Thank you so much again! :D

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
faithyou said:
hello...i just would like to ask if it's possible for my husband to get me here from the philippines & stay w/ him there in Canada?he's a temporary worker, he's been there for 6 months now.From where we will start?where can we send our application,there in canada or here in the philippines? thanks. :)
Get him to mail you a copy of his work permit, work contract and 3 last pay slips and a letter stating that he wants you to come and join him and that he will take care of you. You can use that to try to apply for a TRV to go join him in Canada. If he has a skilled job, you can apply for an open work permit. If not, you would have to qualify for your own work permit. You also have to prove that you have strong ties to your homeland and will return at the end of your stay in Canada. There is no guarantee that you will get the TRV.

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hello Friends,
Today on their phone machine system I heard something new for my P.R file. Before it says, "We receieved your application on 16th June 2010" now it says, "We receieved your application on 16th June, your file is in process you will receive some message after 10th March 2011" seems like good news will be at the door step at any time from now on. On their e-cas on line status check is still nill nothing for me.
My time line:

Send application & received by them on 16th June 2010.
they required some documents update on 10th January 2011.
now their phone machine telling this new message on 16th March 2011.

Material

Feb 16, 2011
boxsterspeed3 said:
thanks for the response Material! It would be very helpful.. :)

anyway, another question, a civil wedding is valid, right?

I'm just worried that the processing would take long time..Do you have any idea on how long would it take to process?

Thank you so much again! :D
Im not sure about the civil wedding but the wedding has to be leagalized in your country.As for processing times you can find it on the following link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp
In breif the more evidance you have on your application the better the process goes that way you wont have more delays than the times that show on the link I just gave you.

So read , research and know all the details to the process before you start anything!

all the best

boxsterspeed3

Sep 5, 2010
Material said:
Im not sure about the civil wedding but the wedding has to be leagalized in your country.As for processing times you can find it on the following link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp
In breif the more evidance you have on your application the better the process goes that way you wont have more delays than the times that show on the link I just gave you.

So read , research and know all the details to the process before you start anything!

all the best
thanks again Material!

as earlt as now, Im doing research on the processing, reading some guides on the website and preparing to gather all the possible evidences to prove our relationship..Also, I keep on telling my gf to process all the basic requirements, her birth certificate, passport..etc..

I hope..and I always pray hard that the processing will be as fast as possible..

Material

Feb 16, 2011
boxsterspeed3 said:
thanks again Material!

as earlt as now, Im doing research on the processing, reading some guides on the website and preparing to gather all the possible evidences to prove our relationship..Also, I keep on telling my gf to process all the basic requirements, her birth certificate, passport..etc..

I hope..and I always pray hard that the processing will be as fast as possible..
From personal experiance by doing this you will save a lot of time..If you have any questions after going through the guid people here are great and will be glad to help.

Good luck!!

Good luck !!!

boxsterspeed3

Sep 5, 2010
PLEASE HELP ME..We're so confused..

Is there a difference of timeline in processing sponsorship in CPC-Vegraville and CPC-Mississauga?

My mother is under the Caregiver live-in program..and my mom passed the application in Vegraville..

If you are under this program, you will process your application in Vegraville?Is that the rule?our application started in April 2008(according to ecas), and now, we are still waiting for our visas..

My mom follow-up our application and the embassy said that we will receive our visas around May, because our medical examination will expired by June..

I read all the cases here and it's all on CPC-M..and I did'nt see any cases that is processed longer than ours. and processed in CPC-V.

anyone?please clear out these things to me..thanks! :D

Latvian

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Halifax, NS, Canada
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
Hi everyone who's waiting or happily landed!

What's the deal with not travelling while your PR application is in process? Are there any official restrictions? I have a valid work permit, which technically would allow me to come back to Canada without problems, wouldn’t it?

Thanks for your opinions!