+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KaZRa said:
Another question, how easy is it to get approved for a 6 mth visit?
Since he's coming into Canada from the U.S. as an American citizen, it should be no problem for him. He can simply tell the border official that he's visiting his girlfriend for a couple of months during the holiday season.

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Beginner said:
:eek: i dint confuse anyone, I just told what i have done and was ???asked for....
Yes, I know. But he wasn't coming from Pakistan, and therefore the numbers and instructions that applied to YOU will not apply to HIM.

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KaZRa said:
Has anyone here had the medical exam done and can give insight as to what it entails?
Details are in the Sponsorship Guide...

Since you're new here and apparently completely unfamiliar with the basics of immigration, I would strongly urge you to start by reading the full Sponsorship Guide, as well as Leon's post about the basics.

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Ok, read that, thank you. I noticed there is no mention of vaccinations. Are there none that are mandatory to have or get after you are here?

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KaZRa said:
Ok, read that, thank you. I noticed there is no mention of vaccinations. Are there none that are mandatory to have or get after you are here?
There's no such thing as a mandatory vaccine in Canada, because the Canadian constitution prevents it.

The government has neither the right nor the jurisdiction to force people to undergo vaccinations against their free will.

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Thank you! You guys have been such a great help. I feel so much more informed just in the last 24 hrs since I joined this forum! This is such a daunting process so it's good to be able to touch base with others who have been through it and have valuable insight. :)

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
KaZRa said:
Thank you! You guys have been such a great help. I feel so much more informed just in the last 24 hrs since I joined this forum! This is such a daunting process so it's good to be able to touch base with others who have been through it and have valuable insight. :)
I was super surprised I didn't have to provide my vaccination record. Being American, I'm used to having to give it for everything. It was a relief though. I have no idea what my childhood doctor's name is or if he's even still practicing!

Popo012

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
It have been 2 months now since I did my medical exam and still nothing update on my ecase or email to tell me that the received it.Can anybody tells me if that's normal please because I'm stressing out :(.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
Popo012 said:
It have been 2 months now since I did my medical exam and still nothing update on my ecase or email to tell me that the received it.Can anybody tells me if that's normal please because I'm stressing out :(.
Normal, in the sense that it's not surprising and it doesn't mean CIC hasn't received the exam results.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
tuyen said:
There's no such thing as a mandatory vaccine in Canada, because the Canadian constitution prevents it.

The government has neither the right nor the jurisdiction to force people to undergo vaccinations against their free will.
Unless you go to Canadian college and want to work with children or old folks. Then in order to graduate you need shots! (Yes I'm bitter)

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
parker24 said:
Unless you go to Canadian college and want to work with children or old folks. Then in order to graduate you need shots! (Yes I'm bitter)
Yes, but that's a choice you made, in your near-infinite wisdom while attaining grannyhood. :p

Dec 9, 2009
Dear Senior members of the forum please advice can i go to my home country for a short vacation during pend ency of application for spousal sponsorship. My application status is that we are waiting for PPR.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
21685 said:
Dear Senior members of the forum please advice can i go to my home country for a short vacation during pend ency of application for spousal sponsorship. My application status is that we are waiting for PPR.
If you're Canadian, you can be outside of the country for the whole duration of the process. If you are a PR of Canada, you need to be present in Canada for the time of the application but you are allowed short absences (there is no exact length of time, somewhere around 2 weeks maybe..) as long as you come back to Canada, it should be fine.
I suppose that you are the sponsor, so your passport won't be required, only your wife/husband's passport will be.
Good luck,
Sweden