09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
reznik said:
hi everyone,

i recently got married in Argentina to my wife who is argentine.. [ i am canadian]
we are applying for the spousal sponsorship and have a couple of questions.

1] medical exam - we've read and heard different things about the medical exam that she needs to have done for the application. on the checklists of course it says that it is required with the application but after speaking to two of the designated doctors in BUENOS AIRES, my wife was told that it's better for us to apply first and then do the medical exam. Also the forms seem to have changed? can you please let me know what we have to do, we're really confused and I've been trying to call the CIC call centre but the number doesn't seem to work.

2] police certificate - in argentina, it is emailed to the person with security codes and passwords in order for them to print it. is this suffice for the application? also she had one done in Aug, 29, 2012, and we will be sending the sponsorship application in in the next week or 2. should she get a new certificate? is there a date limit on that? we couldn't find any information.

3] we are applying from OUTSIDE canada because she is in Buenos Aires still, but she's planning on coming to canada in the end of February. We are aware that she will have to go back to buenos aires at some point for the passport and all [once approved hopefully]. but will anything be sent to her address in Buenos Aires in regards to the application? or will everything be sent to my email? because if so, we need to have someone check her mail back in Argentina while she's here.

4] i'm currently in my last semester of university [Master of architecture], and don't have much income, except the little I make as a teaching assistant at school. and my Option-C Printout which is on its way wont have much income on there. Do you think this will be an issue for the sponsorship? we are including information about her assets [apartment ownership in buenos aires] to show some asset because i don't have much money since I've been a student for the past 10 years!

I think that's all for now. We're putting our application together ourselves, any advice, or comments, to-do's, not-to-do's are really appreciated. we're sending many photos and chats and facebook messages and wedding photos and invitations and all, so in terms of proving that we're genuine, i don't think we'll have any issues.

thank you in advance for your advice and suggestions.
1) Medical examinations are required to be submitted "with" the application; otherwise, the application will be considered incomplete and will be returned or it will be put on hold until you send the medicals. Many visa offices take over 12 months to process a PR, which is the time the medicals are good for so in many cases CIC will extend the validity of the medical exam if the process is far along or they will request an additional examination a year later. Medical examiners are not always up to date as they ofter perform examinations for people not only applying to immigrate to Canada but also Australia, New Zealand and England. Knowing the facts about nthe medical examination will help delays in your application. After all, the doctors do not make the rules, they have to follow them as much as you.

The following guide's checklist requires the applicant to submit medical examinations with the application.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3908e.pdf

From Guide 3999 (sponsoring a spouse that lives outside of Canada http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3999Etoc.asp)
PROOF OF MEDICAL EXAMINATION
Include for yourself and each of your family members Copy 1 of the Medical Report - Client Biodata and Summary (IMM 1017), signed and provided by the panel physician on your medical exam appointment.

Read this regarding the new forms for medical examination
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob471.asp

It says there that most of the forms will be available on the CIC website, but the are not. I would suggest you ask the medical examiner about the NEW forms when you call for the appt.

2) Guide 3999 (sponsoring a spouse that lives outside of Canada http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3999Etoc.asp) especifically says that "The certificate must have been issued no more than three months prior to submitting your application. If the original certificate is not in English or French, then you will need to submit both the certificate and the original copy of the translation prepared by an accredited translator." However, some people have sent older ones.
This is how the information CIC has regarding Argentina:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/central-south-amer/argentina.asp

3) Citizens of Argentina require a visa to enter Canada. If your spouce applies for a tourist visa (TRV) there is a chance that she may be denied because she is married to a Canadian due to the risk of staying in Canada is higher (I know, moronic), and the chances will be even slimmer once you have lodged your PR application (I know, even more moronic). You can always try but know that a denial may negatively affect your application. If your spouse makes it to Canada you will have to update her mailing address in Argentina because although you can opt to receive most notifications via email, some documents will arrive in the mail (such as her passport when returned by CIC and the COPR), plus she needs to 'show' she still resides in Argentina otherwise her living in Canada may be considered as a change in circumstances, which need to be notified to CIC and it will all be a mess and may cause delays in your application.

4) Spousal applications do not require minimum income. However, because you will be responsible for her undertaking CIC may wonder how you plan to support her. You have not mentioned whether you live in Canada or not but I am assuming you are because you mentioned you Option-C printout. As long as you hold some sort of a job you may be ok. Issues may arise if you are not residing in Canada as you would have to satisfy CIC with a game plan to return to Canada.

I hope this helps a little.

johanness

Oct 12, 2012
Hi LEON,

Could you please enlighten me on this.

Can I be sponsored by my common law even if my current status is married. I am still remained married "officially" in my home country since there is no divorce. I dont really have any communication with my wife for 6 years now and I am starting to build a family with my common law at this time. Would it be possible that I could be sponsored by my common law even though my status is still married.

thank you for your time.

outer

Dec 22, 2012
mirkopal said:
If you are a PR, you must reside in Canada in order to sponsor your spouse. You can chance short vacations (remember that a Canadian vacation is generally no longer than 2 weeks) but if immigration finds out that you are not in Canada, you risk getting your application refused.

It is not exactly true. Yesterday the President of the Canadian Association of Immigration Lawyer called me. He told me that someone is resident in Canada when live minimum 6 months on Canadian soil each year. So someone can also take 1 month vacation during this period and HE IS STILL resident in Canada...

IslandAnnie

Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2012
AOR Received.
29-11-2012
File Transfer...
29-11-2012
Med's Done....
14-11-2012
Passport Req..
08-05-2013 never received, pp submitted 09-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
in addition to the days per year, you must live in Canada for at least two years within a five-year period to maintain your legal PR status.

deshulina

Oct 22, 2012
Hello guys, I have quick question, if I get visiting visa, how big is the percentage of getting a extension on it, so we know should we go with an in-land application or not.I'm Bulgarian. Thank you in advance !

Scorpion222

Jan 15, 2013
Hello all,

I got a quick question about the spouse educational documents required for the application package. I am sponsoring my wife from Pakistan and the application guideline says that for Pakistani nationals they need Originals of all educational documents.

I am unsure about sending out all originals. Are certified copies (in sealed envelopes from college/university) or notarized copies being acceptable? and incase one end up sending out originals, would they return them back any time?

If any one has recently filed for spousal sponsorship for a Pakistani spouse please respond.

Thank.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Popo012 said:
Computergeek

Hey,I would like to ask you a question:
I received my health card in Quebec,for the expired date they put 2013/12.I think they gave me a just a temporary health card because Im not PR yet.On my wife's card it said 2016.I would like to know when I become a PR,do I have to apply for a new one when this one is expired and now it might have a long expiration date?

My question might sounds weird to you :) but I just would like to know.

Thank you
I'm not sure how health care in Quebec works, sorry. Each province is different.

jcorb58

Jan 16, 2013
Hey everyone i'm new here. My spousal visa was received Dec 10/2012. My status says they started to process my application Jan 3/2013. This confuses me because they said they sent a letter with their decision on that date. When i sent my application i over paid and received a cheque for the amount i overpaided Jan 14/13. No letter with a decision has been received. I feel our application is strong as we have over a 5 year history before our marriage last April. I dont think they would have a decision that quick unless i am refused for sponcorship or our application leaves no doubt our marriage is genuine. Im either hoping for the later or just thinking the responce they gave me on Jan 3 was simply sending me that refund cheque. I read that on Jan 8th they were still processing applications received Nov 2012. Thank you everyone for this forum it has been most helpful.

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
North Shore of New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014
jcorb58 said:
Hey everyone i'm new here. My spousal visa was received Dec 10/2012. My status says they started to process my application Jan 3/2013. This confuses me because they said they sent a letter with their decision on that date. When i sent my application i over paid and received a cheque for the amount i overpaided Jan 14/13. No letter with a decision has been received. I feel our application is strong as we have over a 5 year history before our marriage last April. I dont think they would have a decision that quick unless i am refused for sponcorship or our application leaves no doubt our marriage is genuine. Im either hoping for the later or just thinking the responce they gave me on Jan 3 was simply sending me that refund cheque. I read that on Jan 8th they were still processing applications received Nov 2012. Thank you everyone for this forum it has been most helpful.
It means just that!! They have started the processing of your file and really if you get a letter saying your approved for sponsorship that would be great, but most don't receive it so please don't worry ok....In Sha Allah all will be fine..

gagagenpo

Dec 24, 2012
Hey there, i have a query lingering in my mind. I came to Canada in 2004 and now a citizenship holder. I had a boyfriend when I applied for PR, that time on the form I mentioned married as marital status. In 2007, I went to my country of origin India and made a marriage certificate with him. In 2008, I tried to sponsor him but few months later found out that he had married to someone else and was cheating on me. I immediately sent a letter to the Canadian immigration reporting the incident and declaring my marriage null and void. I received confirmation letter in 2009 from immigration mentioning the marriage was null.
Now, I am into a serious relationship and plans to marry my current boyfriend from India after a month. Would my previous annulled marriage create any problem? I couldnt seek divorce from my ex as our relation has badly aggravated. In my tax file and all the other documents, my marital status is single. I got my citizenship in 2011 and I mentioned myself as single in the form. I tried to contact immigration and Indian consulate for the same but they keeps transferring me to each other. I am confused, some says the case is closed so, there wont be any problem. Can anyone help me please? I shall be very thankful.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
gagagenpo said:
Hey there, i have a query lingering in my mind. I came to Canada in 2004 and now a citizenship holder. I had a boyfriend when I applied for PR, that time on the form I mentioned married as marital status. In 2007, I went to my country of origin India and made a marriage certificate with him. In 2008, I tried to sponsor him but few months later found out that he had married to someone else and was cheating on me. I immediately sent a letter to the Canadian immigration reporting the incident and declaring my marriage null and void. I received confirmation letter in 2009 from immigration mentioning the marriage was null.
Now, I am into a serious relationship and plans to marry my current boyfriend from India after a month. Would my previous annulled marriage create any problem? I couldnt seek divorce from my ex as our relation has badly aggravated. In my tax file and all the other documents, my marital status is single. I got my citizenship in 2011 and I mentioned myself as single in the form. I tried to contact immigration and Indian consulate for the same but they keeps transferring me to each other. I am confused, some says the case is closed so, there wont be any problem. Can anyone help me please? I shall be very thankful.
As a matter of Canadian law you were never married as your spouse was already married. Thus your new marriage is fine and I'd not expect any unusual issues.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Kiwiz said:
Sorry- CSQ? What is that?
Unless you are going to live in Quebec, just ignore it.

ccgirl39

Jan 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ratings: +0

Help Anyone!!! Leon Pls....

I am just new here and seems this site seems very helpful specially for my case. I am already overstayed for close to one year now. I also had given a letter telling me to leave the country ( Canada) as soon as possible. But I have a long time boyfriend and we were living together since 2010. Can he be able to sponsor me? What can I do now? pls help me....