Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
freshman said:
First Stage Approval

First, thank you Computergeek, lostwithoutu, tuyen and all others for answering my question.

First stage approval means you can legally stay in canada for now and that's all there is to it. Correct?

From the other thread, I've found out that you need to apply for open work permit to be able to work after first stage is approved.

How about medicare and schooling? Is there anything I can do to get medicare and to be able to go to school at first stage or I need to wait till I become PR?

Appreciate your answers in advance!
Are you applying inland or outland? There's a major different answer depending on how you applied...

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Heart2 said:
Just recently married and my husband dont know if he is going to pettition me,I thought he love me but apparently not,Just praying to God what will happned,Can i go there at canada without using his last name, by immigrant skilled worker,Pls help God bless
You're allowed to go to Canada if you qualify. To determine if you may qualify, first take the assessment:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/app/ctcvac/english/index

Have you talked to your husband about the sponsorship? Perhaps he found out he isn't allowed to sponsor a spouse right now and he's embarassed to tell you. Please get some rest, then talk to him later.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Alex_29 said:
At that time I didn't realized it would be a big deal to have wedding ceremony without parents, but now it seems it is. :( A little disheartening
Try not to overthink this. The issue isn't about "did you get married properly" but "is your relationship genuine"?

For the record, we didn't have any family at our wedding - we had a marriage commissioner and two friends as witnesses. And yet, it was truly a wonderful wedding as far as I'm concerned (it makes me tear up still just writing about it). Don't sweat it!

Alex_29 said:
Could this issue be a sole reason for rejection?? or they would have to ask for more info?? better explanation perhaps? evidence?
It would be a poor basis for a rejection. They would generally ask for an interview if they doubt the genuine nature of the relationship.

Alex_29 said:
Could her parents write a letter and explain why they weren't there?? My parents write a letter?? Would that be helpful??

And yes, her parents live 150 miles away from where we got married.

It is hard to imagine that after more than 4 years of knowing each other, being married over a year, having all kinds of evidence, spending a lot of time on the distance....all comes down to the situation of how we wanted to celebrate our special day.
My thinking is that it's not going to raise a question with the VO. But if you are concerned be up front about it and explain it to the VO.

vimod

Nov 23, 2012
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME WITH YOUR ADVICE......

I AM CURRENTLY LIVING IN CANADA WITH A 3 YEAR VALID WORK PERMIT AND EMPLOYED AT IBM. MY WIFE IS LIVING IN INDIA WITH HER PARENTS. RIGHT NOW SHE APPLIED FOR A TEMPORARY RESIDENT VISA TO STAY HERE WITH ME AND UNFORTUNATELY IT GOT REJECTED. IS IT NOT POSSIBLE TO APPLY FOR TEMPORARY RESIDENT VISA OR CAN ONLY APPLY FOR VISIT VISA. PLEASE NEED SOME EXPERT ADVICE.WHAT SHOULD I DO. WE WANT TO LIVE TOGETHER. PLEASE ADVICE ME. ITS BEEN TWO YEARS WE LIVING LIKE THIS. PLEASE I NEED SOME HELP.PLEASE.....

freshman

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 14 2014
AOR Received.
Oct 28 2014 (Inland AOR - CIC's mistake)
File Transfer...
Dec 4 2014
Med's Request
Son's birth certificate request (Jun 11 2015)
Med's Done....
Oct 10 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM July 3 2015. CoPR July 8 2015
LANDED..........
July 19 2015
parker24 said:
Are you applying inland or outland? There's a major different answer depending on how you applied...
Parker24 - I'm applying inland. Thank you for your reply!

freshman

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 14 2014
AOR Received.
Oct 28 2014 (Inland AOR - CIC's mistake)
File Transfer...
Dec 4 2014
Med's Request
Son's birth certificate request (Jun 11 2015)
Med's Done....
Oct 10 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM July 3 2015. CoPR July 8 2015
LANDED..........
July 19 2015
No Staples?

I read from the other thread not to use staples?

So everything will be loose?

How do I attach pictures? Tape them?

Thanks

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
parker24 said:
I'd guess it's a typo.. or one of the children went poof ::)
Can't be a typo. Look how many times he mentions the number of children.

Must be that damn poof again.

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
freshman said:
No Staples?

I read from the other thread not to use staples?

So everything will be loose?

How do I attach pictures? Tape them?
Paperclips, tape, glue - whatever works.

The easiest solution for pictures is to print them, use a three-hole punch on them, and then add them in with the rest of your papers into a three-ring binder. The binder eliminates the need for staples, paper clips, and anything else that may annoy CIC, and will also make it very easy for the case officer to flip through your documents without losing anything.

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Heart2 said:
Just recently married and my husband dont know if he is going to pettition me,I thought he love me but apparently not,Just praying to God what will happned,Can i go there at canada without using his last name, by immigrant skilled worker,Pls help God bless
I'm trying to come up with a delicate way of saying what's on my mind...but I'm torn between saying what really needs to be said, and not giving you yet another reason to feel stressed.

So I'll just ask the most obvious question:

Before he married you, did he think/expect that the two of you would be living in separate countries until the first teleporter gets built?

disfrust

Jun 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2011
AOR Received.
12-03-2012
File Transfer...
17-05-2011
Med's Request
19-07-2012
Med's Done....
23-07-2012 ecase updated on 30-09-2012
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
09-02-2013 passport sent to CHC on 11-2-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-02-2013 passport received on 21-02-2013
LANDED..........
22-03-2013
disfrust said:
Hi all,

Can anyone pls let me know wht is the next step after ur file will be reviewed by DMO on the bfd?
dis is the second time i've asked a question on dis topic n no one seems to have an answer....oh well

MargoS

Oct 25, 2012
Dear Leon,

Your advice has been so helpful...i have another one for you!

When we go for the Medical Examination my husband will have to bring :
1. passport
2. 4 passport photos with size specifications
3. glasses
4. Appendix C application sheet
5. Is there anything else I am forgeting???

Also, when the tests are completed and the Apendix C sheet is filled out, do we have to wait for a reply(processing time)(are the test sent to Italy visa office for Greece first, then we wait for an approval?) before sending our application to Canada?

Please fill me in right away if you can :)

Thank you in advance

canadian girl wanting to go home!!

MargoS

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
freshman said:
First Stage Approval

First, thank you Computergeek, lostwithoutu, tuyen and all others for answering my question.

First stage approval means you can legally stay in canada for now and that's all there is to it. Correct?

From the other thread, I've found out that you need to apply for open work permit to be able to work after first stage is approved.

How about medicare and schooling? Is there anything I can do to get medicare and to be able to go to school at first stage or I need to wait till I become PR?

Appreciate your answers in advance!
For an inland application, you are allowed to be in Canada without status. As long as you have applied for a status document (visitor, student or work) and you have no other issues preventing it, they will issue you a status document and then you are in status in Canada. So you should include the application for status with the PR application.

After AIP (first stage approval) you would qualify for a study permit. Note that you will be asked to pay non-resident tuition rates. Once you are a PR you can qualify for the resident tuition rates.

Health Care is provincially managed, so the answer depends upon the province. Based upon what others have said, Ontario offers coverage after AIP has been received. Other provinces will vary in this regard. For example, most other provinces will extend health benefits to you as long as you are living with your spouse. The rules for common-law partners does vary, however (Alberta only extends coverage after five years of cohabitation, not one). This is related to the way they extend coverage to "dependents". So in many provinces if the Canadian Citizen/PR is eligible for provincial care, so are her or his dependents. BC, AB, SK, NS and PEI all use the same basic language here and say "dependents living with an eligible resident are eligible for coverage". What seems to vary most by province for eligibility is how you prove you are "living" with your spouse, which is why AIP is important in Ontario, for example. In addition, it sometimes requires persistence because you might be told "no" by one person but "yes" by someone else. So you need to be aware of the rules for the province and be able to explain why you believe you are eligible - and challenge them to explain why not if refused.

Serenity482

Star Member
Sep 12, 2012
Magog, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-12-2012
LANDED..........
talkin about the open work permit. i have a question. i now have a work permit until end of june. so i need to extend it. I didnt send it with my permanent resident apply... (i forgot that...damn).
I searched the website but i cant find the right document. can anyone help?
Thank you

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
disfrust said:
dis is the second time i've asked a question on dis topic n no one seems to have an answer....oh well
I'm not sure why others haven't responded. Maybe it's because you didn't really phrase your question clearly enough, or didn't provide enough details. Maybe it would help if you avoided acronyms like "bfd" and "DMO", and actually spelled out what you were asking.

I can't speak on the exact reasons why others haven't responded, but as for me, I make it a rule not to respond to people who can't take an extra two seconds to properly spell out their words.

"dis" is not a word in the English language unless you're referring to ancient Roman mythology. Neither is "n".

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012 - Kingston In Process
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
tuyen said:
I'm not sure why others haven't responded. Maybe it's because you didn't really phrase your question clearly enough, or didn't provide enough details. Maybe it would help if you avoided acronyms like "bfd" and "DMO", and actually spelled out what you were asking.

I can't speak on the exact reasons why others haven't responded, but as for me, I make it a rule not to respond to people who can't take an extra two seconds to properly spell out their words.

"dis" is not a word in the English language unless you're referring to ancient Roman mythology. Neither is "n".
EPIC.