Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
visacanada12 said:
hello. I've been reading this site for months now, but its only now I find that I'm completely at a loss as to what to do. Please some help or clarification would be great.

I'm currently in Canada with my spouse as a temporary resident (visitor). We applied for the outland application while both of us are still in Canada. I'm being sponsored by my Canadian spouse through the outland commonlaw spousal route. The paperwork has passed stage one spousal approval and is in now in London, UK, awaiting the second stage approval. My spouse will be staying in Canada to work and will not be travelling with me to my home country at any time in the foreseeable future. It was my understanding that when we had applied for the sponsorship visa, that I could leave Canada and return to my home country at any time and 'wait it out', - wait for the visa to be approved. At which time I could move back to Canada with my visa, therfore becoming a permanent resident and getting on with my life with my Canadian spouse.

However I've just been told by a CIC agent:
1. that since I'm only commonlaw and not married;
2. AND since I applied for this outland application while still in Canada;
3. Therefore: while the visa is in process I should not leave Canada until it is approved as it may void/negatively impact my visa application. Basically they're saying I should not leave if I don't want to mess the application up? I thought that that situation only applied to inland spousal applicants.

I really need to return to my home country for personal reasons. But I do not want my application to be rejected solely on grounds that I left Canada before it could be approved.

I think they were mistaken or not really listening to you.... You have applied OUTLAND and therefore u can return to the UK if u wish, without any negative repercussions on your PR application. Go home and don't worry about it! :)

chris_z77

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
17-08-2013
File Transfer...
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-06-2013
Immigration application v/s sponsorship.

Hello,
I have a Canadian permanent residence since 6 months, I am engaged to a beautifull Lady back in Lebanon. My fiance is still at university in Lebanon, finished her first year at the Lebanese University, Educational science, she is 21 years old.
I would like to know, would you recommend that I start her immigration papers right away? or is it better to wait untill we get married (2 years from now) and just go with the sponsorship option?

N.B: I live in Quebec.

anna13130

Aug 10, 2012
computergeek said:
If you are being sponsored via the inland process then you may apply for a student visa from inside Canada:
Thank you very much for respond!!!! But I don't have first stage approval. I am only 5 months under the sponsorship. (from march 2012) Am I eligible apply to study permit from inside Canada?

julycathe

Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
AOR Received.
18-04-2011
Med's Request
12-03-2012
Med's Done....
06-04-2012
Interview........
12-03-2012
Passport Req..
12-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-16-2013
LANDED..........
06-06-2013
Hi all. I just wanted to give you thanks for sharing your experiences. it has helped us to stay strong and full of hope. I will like to share our timelines. I submitted the application to sponsor my hubby to mississauga in Dec/2010, it was approved on feb/2011 and on april/2011 he received the AOR from the Bogota visa office, and the request of his military card and the payment for his security and background check. then we did not hear anything from them until March/2012 when they requested for an interview. my hubby went for the interview on march 12 and it went well. the IO requested his passport right away, new medicals, an updated background declaration form and to submit an authorization to return to canada application as he had a removal order which became a deportation order due to his failed refugee claim. he never overstayed and always followed instructions from immigration Canada. we submited all the requested documents on early april/2012, up until today we have not received any updates. the only thing was on ecase, it says that medicals results have been received, it has been there since early june. I got in contact with the MP last week and just today the assitant called and told me that they replied to her request and said that the case has not been reviewed by some officer and to get in contact with them again in Nov if we don't hear anything from the visa office. I really hope that that oficer is the one who does the final review and issues the visa.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
anna13130 said:
Thank you very much for respond!!!! But I don't have first stage approval. I am only 5 months under the sponsorship. (from march 2012) Am I eligible apply to study permit from inside Canada?
It has nothing to do with whether or not you have first stage approval. It has to do with whether or not your application was filed via inland or outland. If you filed inland then you may apply for a study permit from inside Canada - regardless of whether or not you have been granted AIP.

Good luck!

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
julycathe said:
Hi all. I just wanted to give you thanks for sharing your experiences. it has helped us to stay strong and full of hope. I will like to share our timelines. I submitted the application to sponsor my hubby to mississauga in Dec/2010, it was approved on feb/2011 and on april/2011 he received the AOR from the Bogota visa office, and the request of his military card and the payment for his security and background check. then we did not hear anything from them until March/2012 when they requested for an interview. my hubby went for the interview on march 12 and it went well. the IO requested his passport right away, new medicals, an updated background declaration form and to submit an authorization to return to canada application as he had a removal order which became a deportation order due to his failed refugee claim. he never overstayed and always followed instructions from immigration Canada. we submited all the requested documents on early april/2012, up until today we have not received any updates. the only thing was on ecase, it says that medicals results have been received, it has been there since early june. I got in contact with the MP last week and just today the assitant called and told me that they replied to her request and said that the case has not been reviewed by some officer and to get in contact with them again in Nov if we don't hear anything from the visa office. I really hope that that oficer is the one who does the final review and issues the visa.
Thank you for sharing. I admire your patience. They sure test people & a relationship to the limit. I wish you great news very very soon.

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
visacanada12 said:
hello. I've been reading this site for months now, but its only now I find that I'm completely at a loss as to what to do. Please some help or clarification would be great.

I'm currently in Canada with my spouse as a temporary resident (visitor). We applied for the outland application while both of us are still in Canada. I'm being sponsored by my Canadian spouse through the outland commonlaw spousal route. The paperwork has passed stage one spousal approval and is in now in London, UK, awaiting the second stage approval. My spouse will be staying in Canada to work and will not be travelling with me to my home country at any time in the foreseeable future. It was my understanding that when we had applied for the sponsorship visa, that I could leave Canada and return to my home country at any time and 'wait it out', - wait for the visa to be approved. At which time I could move back to Canada with my visa, therfore becoming a permanent resident and getting on with my life with my Canadian spouse.

However I've just been told by a CIC agent:
1. that since I'm only commonlaw and not married;
2. AND since I applied for this outland application while still in Canada;
3. Therefore: while the visa is in process I should not leave Canada until it is approved as it may void/negatively impact my visa application. Basically they're saying I should not leave if I don't want to mess the application up? I thought that that situation only applied to inland spousal applicants.

I really need to return to my home country for personal reasons. But I do not want my application to be rejected solely on grounds that I left Canada before it could be approved.
That is incorrect. You should try to contact someone else to clarify. You have the right to return to your home country because you applied outland. It should not negatively affect your application since you have presumably already met the one year of living together (to be common-law). Especially since you are only on a TRV, in fact you are SUPPOSED to leave before it expires (or extend it, one or the other). The problem is though, if you leave and want to come back before your PR is issued, since you are not visa-exempt, you may have problems getting another TRV or being granted entry because you will be considered a high risk to overstay. (for example, my common-law spouse cannot get a TRV to visit me while our PR is in process - we've tried- because they think he will stay in canada as a visitor even if he is denied PR.. so he's a risk). But that would be the only caution... Otherwise, you should be able to leave Canada without harming your application.

julycathe

Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
AOR Received.
18-04-2011
Med's Request
12-03-2012
Med's Done....
06-04-2012
Interview........
12-03-2012
Passport Req..
12-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-16-2013
LANDED..........
06-06-2013
AW2011 said:
Thank you for sharing. I admire your patience. They sure test people & a relationship to the limit. I wish you great news very very soon.

thank you for the kind words, I wish that test finishes sometime soon! luckily we have been able to see each other quite a few times already.

imonec

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Hamilton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
17-09-2012
Med's Request
24-02-2013
Med's Done....
04-07-2012
LANDED..........
04-04-2014
Re: Spousal sponsorship - Where to send application

where to send my application.

Applying inland, family class, spouse sponsorship.

my forms say to mail the application to Vegreville, but the instruction guide says to mail it to CPC in Mississauga first... (cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp)

I'm thinking Vegreville but just to be sure...

tx

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012

imonec said:
where to send my application.

Applying inland, family class, spouse sponsorship.

my forms say to mail the application to Vegreville, but the instruction guide says to mail it to CPC in Mississauga first... (cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp)

I'm thinking Vegreville but just to be sure...

tx
Case Processing Centre
Permanent Residence Applications
6212-55th Avenue
Vegreville, Alberta
T9C 1W3

See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp#5289E6

imonec

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Hamilton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
17-09-2012
Med's Request
24-02-2013
Med's Done....
04-07-2012
LANDED..........
04-04-2014

computergeek said:
Case Processing Centre
Permanent Residence Applications
6212-55th Avenue
Vegreville, Alberta
T9C 1W3
Thanks!!! just to confirm. I send the whole application there including the sponsor evaluation and principal applicant application right... all to the same address in Vegreville...?

vincystress

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
etobicoke
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
september ,12,2011
Doc's Request.
june,16,2012
AOR Received.
october,11,2011
File Transfer...
jan.16,2012
Interview........
june,13,2012
Passport Req..
dec,13,2012
LANDED..........
jan,16,2013

imonec said:
Thanks!!! just to confirm. I send the whole application there including the sponsor evaluation and principal applicant application right... all to the same address in Vegreville...?
yes every thing gose there you are right

Anurag

Jul 30, 2012

Dear Friends and all seniors

I am making marriage plans and am a canadian permanent resident. It will be my very first marriage and am really excited about it but the only worry from other side is that they want to know the actual processing time for their daughter to be a PR and be with me in Canada. Can anyone guide me about the timeline for getting a spouse PR visa if it is a first marriage and the genuine one.

I would even like to know about filing the case in Canada from Mississauga, ON and the earning required to sponsor a life partner.

Please guide me and provide me with the time of actual processing as experienced by you.

thanks

marcopolocan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Anurag,

Read the very first post on this thread by Leon as a guide. Use the links he has posted and that will give you an indication of processing timelines based on your fiance's country. One thing you can tell your future in-laws is that there are no set time frames to process your application.
Good Luck

Teni

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
My husband is in Canada, we got married this year 2012 i filled my application and sent my application straight from Nigeria July 4th it got to (Mississauga) 9th of July, my Questions are
1.How would i know i have gotten an approval to move to the second stage
2. i used my husband postal addr in Canada, but used my Email and his Email addr, are we both going to be contracted to move to the next stage?
just anxious, tired of staying alone, guys i need answers please
thanks