Nopes
Passport Req..
01-10-2012, PP sent n recvd 19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
4 th Feb 2012, received on 11th Feb 2012
LANDED..........
March first week
Can someone answer me, pl...

1) In order to sponsor, you must...live in Canada or provide evidence.
What if the sponsor was outside Canada and moved to Canada recently and applying for spousal PR? What kind of evidences can such a person give?

2) sign an agreement with your spouse confirming that each of you understands your obligations and responsibilities.Is that an agreement between sponsor and applicant in a white sheet or is there a seperate form/declaration?

3) sign an undertaking promising to provide for your spouse basic requirementsIs that an agreement between sponsor and applicant in a white sheet or is there a seperate form/declaration?

4) Prove that you have sufficient income to provide basic requirements for your spouse.Can it be shown in any currency or bank of current residence (Singapore). I plan to move to Canada but is it necessary to transfer the money from singapore to canada? or can i show it in singapore dollars/bank??

Thanks

V

canwifesponsor

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2011
File Transfer...
02-02-2012
Med's Done....
08-10-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-02-2012 - Showing In Process 14-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-2012 - PP received 17-07-2012 - Still no DM on Ecas
LANDED..........
will land on 24-07-2012 on our wedding anniversary
VPS said:
Can someone answer me, pl...

1) In order to sponsor, you must...live in Canada or provide evidence.
What if the sponsor was outside Canada and moved to Canada recently and applying for spousal PR? What kind of evidences can such a person give?

If you are not in Canada when you apply to sponsor your spouse, you must prove that you intend to move back to Canada and live there. As for evidence, it could be proof of rent, employment letter or job search...

2) sign an agreement with your spouse confirming that each of you understands your obligations and responsibilities.Is that an agreement between sponsor and applicant in a white sheet or is there a seperate form/declaration?

This agreement is in the form you need to complete. You have the list on the CIC website.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

3) sign an undertaking promising to provide for your spouse basic requirementsIs that an agreement between sponsor and applicant in a white sheet or is there a seperate form/declaration?

Again, that form is on the CIC wensite. Same link as above.

4) Prove that you have sufficient income to provide basic requirements for your spouse.Can it be shown in any currency or bank of current residence (Singapore). I plan to move to Canada but is it necessary to transfer the money from singapore to canada? or can i show it in singapore dollars/bank??

When sponsoring a spouse, you do not need to provide any information about your income.

Thanks

V
I hope this helps. Check out the link of the CIC website. If you haven't read the Guides, I would suggest you do. It does help filling out the forms. Good luck!

gemini1973

Jun 25, 2012
Hi all,I have a male friend. his girlfriend is from the US. the girlfriend is separated to her husband for over ten months now. she is currently living in the US, a green card holder.she have two boys, 21 and 14 years old. My friend who lives here in Canada also separated from his wife over 7 months now. his divorce is in process. his girlfriend been visiting here in Canada lately and she is wondering what are the chances that both of my friend and his girlfriend can live here in Canada together with her 14 years old boy? Can the boy come here for a visit and convert it to student visa so he can stay here? Can my friend's girlfriend stay and live with my friend as a common-law here in Canada? what are the procedures and how long is the process? Please advise. Thank you.

JuRy

Jun 29, 2012
Cagayan de oro City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 30,2013
AOR Received.
August 14,2013
File Transfer...
SA Received: August 27, 2013
Med's Done....
June 17, 2013
Passport Req..
April 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
In-process: May 1,2014. Decision Made: May 9,2014. Visa on hand: May 12,2014
LANDED..........
May 29,2014
Spousal sponsorship what to do first

Pwede po mag ask? sino na po ba dito ang nakapag apply ng spousal sponsorship visa po dito?Anp po ba ang unang gagawin?me and my fiance going to get married by August. and He's gonna sponsor me. Kailangan ko po bang mag medical exam first and e fill out yung application form para madala niya sa Canada pagbalik niya?or ano?pls help me....Thank you.. God bless :'( :'(

Marty11

Star Member
Jan 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2011
Doc's Request.
20-06-2012
AOR Received.
18-10-2011
File Transfer...
22-11-2011
Med's Request
26-09-2012
Med's Done....
17-07-2011, 13-10-2012
Interview........
20-06-2012
Passport Req..
20-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-10-2012
LANDED..........
05-12-2012
chelseaviel said:
guys, im just wondering how do we count the processing time? do we need to include the weekends? and perhaps holidays in canada? since the latest update in CIC as of June 27, 2012 for the first step(assessment of sponsor) is 82 days and the second step (assessment of person being sponsored) is 8 months hence, we need to add both step 1 + step 2 = more or less 10 months? this is the maximum processing time for the whole application to finish?
Processing time is calendar days, not business days.

FALL

Nov 21, 2011
KenShali said:
Hi...thanks for those who replied to my post!

I actually did the interview and had provided them with new FBI clearance and everything else required.
I was told that they will send me a passport request email once they complete their "own" background check. ::)

Now that the office is closed...where is my file? :-X
Hello KenShali, I am wondering if you have heard anything yet in regards to background check. Are you able to locate your file since buffalo office is close and are you a US citizen. I am just wondering because my GCMS notes say that they still have not started the background check.

chelseaviel

Dec 15, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 04, 2012
Doc's Request.
addt'l docs sent on Jan. 11 and recv'd by CEM on Jan. 14 2nd addt'l docs reqt'd on Feb 26,2013 sent on March 21 recv'd on March 22,2013
AOR Received.
July 31,2012
File Transfer...
Aug.13, 2012...in-process June 7, 2013...DM July 11, 2013
Med's Request
May 09, 2013 (remed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 31, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 03, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 19, 2013
LANDED..........
August 09, 2013
Marty11 said:
Processing time is calendar days, not business days.
So it means that saturdays and sundays are included in the counting?

Thanks for your reply:)

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
chelseaviel said:
So it means that saturdays and sundays are included in the counting?

Thanks for your reply:)
yes..... :D

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
canwifesponsor said:
When sponsoring a spouse, you do not need to provide any information about your income
It's not true. There is no minimum income level but you should provide income information. If you are uneployed you should explain how you will provide the basic needs for the spouse. If VO is not satisfied they can refuse your case on this ground.
Actually this happens to some forum members.

lcaroy

Jun 29, 2012
Hi all!!!

Here is my situation:

I got married on 2010 and I sponsored my husband, he got his visa to came to canada on March 2012 but we are having a lot of problems and he hasn't landed yet I really don't think that he is willing to come to Canada but I'm afraid that he comes without me knowing and then applies for welfare, we're having too much problems so I want to know if there is any possibility of cancelling his visa. Can I do that? because he hasn't came yet so he doesn't have a PR card yet so I don't know if I can request his visa to be canceled before he comes.

Thank you so much.

marcopolocan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi everyone,

I would appreciate an accurate response to below please.

Canadian Immigration has this note in the guide:

Note: As of February 6, 2012, sponsors and applicants for Permanent Residence are asked to complete both the new Application to sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344) form and the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008). Sponsors and applicants are encouraged to complete the forms electronically and validate the information to generate 2D barcodes before printing. To ensure you have the most recent application forms, please use the link to the application forms.

My question is: Does the sponsor have to fill out IMM 1344 as well as IMM 0008? Sponsor's document checklist only has IMM 1344 and Applicant's document checklist only has IMM 0008 to submit?

Thanks in advance

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
lcaroy said:
Hi all!!!

Here is my situation:

I got married on 2010 and I sponsored my husband, he got his visa to came to canada on March 2012 but we are having a lot of problems and he hasn't landed yet I really don't think that he is willing to come to Canada but I'm afraid that he comes without me knowing and then applies for welfare, we're having too much problems so I want to know if there is any possibility of cancelling his visa. Can I do that? because he hasn't came yet so he doesn't have a PR card yet so I don't know if I can request his visa to be canceled before he comes.

Thank you so much.
Since he hasn't landed yet, you can call CIC and tell them.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
marcopolocan said:
Hi everyone,

I would appreciate an accurate response to below please.

Canadian Immigration has this note in the guide:

Note: As of February 6, 2012, sponsors and applicants for Permanent Residence are asked to complete both the new Application to sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344) form and the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008). Sponsors and applicants are encouraged to complete the forms electronically and validate the information to generate 2D barcodes before printing. To ensure you have the most recent application forms, please use the link to the application forms.

My question is: Does the sponsor have to fill out IMM 1344 as well as IMM 0008? Sponsor's document checklist only has IMM 1344 and Applicant's document checklist only has IMM 0008 to submit?

Thanks in advance
No. 1344 is Sponse. 0008 is Applicant.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Sorry, this is not a sponsorship question, but I wasn't sure where else to write this.

After you've replied to a topic and u don't want notices anymore of new people replying to the topic, how do you cancel the notifications? I replied to a topic months and months ago and I really don't want notices of when new people reply as it no longer pertains to me. How can I cancel it? I tried clicking the "notify" button and then unclicking it, but it hasn't worked.... is it possible?

Thank you.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tink23 said:
Sorry, this is not a sponsorship question, but I wasn't sure where else to write this.

After you've replied to a topic and u don't want notices anymore of new people replying to the topic, how do you cancel the notifications? I replied to a topic months and months ago and I really don't want notices of when new people reply as it no longer pertains to me. How can I cancel it? I tried clicking the "notify" button and then unclicking it, but it hasn't worked.... is it possible?

Thank you.
Go to Profile (the blue bar on top right), once there, click on Notifications and Email on the left. Uncheck the box where it says: Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic. Then save settings. See if that works.