05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
vanoh said:
Yea!!!!!! I received our CPR in today's mail !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sooooo excited ! I do have a question I am in Canada now so can I cross over the border into the USA, have lunch then come back and land????? Or should we stay over night?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated !
Congrats!

Either works! :)

blondie1216

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012 received 26-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
11-25-2011 extension requested from IO 11-20-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
January 14th, 2013 Decision Made!
LANDED..........
In a minute!
vanoh said:
Yea!!!!!! I received our CPR in today's mail !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sooooo excited ! I do have a question I am in Canada now so can I cross over the border into the USA, have lunch then come back and land????? Or should we stay over night?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated !

Congrats

mystique1980

Jun 12, 2012
computergeek said:
The only issue your pregnancy could pose with respect to your application is that it may cause problems obtaining medicals. If you have already done medicals, then that won't be an issue.

In general (the rules are a bit technical and complex, so there are exceptions) your child will be a Canadian citizen, even if born in a different country, so you would be able to obtain a certificate of Canadian citizenship and then obtain a Canadian passport. Only you would need sponsorship. If your child does not qualify as a Canadian citizen, then he or she would need to be added to your application. That will certainly add time to processing your application, but it shouldn't change the ultimate outcome.

Manila's 80% processing time is currently 9 months. Thus, if you were to become pregnant in September, your application may or may not be completed by the time the baby is due. It is late enough it might interfere with your ability to travel.

Good luck!
So it means that I should have approval first for my spousal application before I could apply for the certificate of canadian citizenship and passport? Since the father is canadian the child's citizenship automatically becomes canadian too right? and as you mentioned that it took like 9 months for the processing time and if the sponsorship has been approved that time and in case im already pregnant , can I just deliver the child here in Philippines and travel with the child after? Thanks!

VPS

Star Member
May 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
File Transfer...
20th sept 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
Nopes
Passport Req..
01-10-2012, PP sent n recvd 19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
4 th Feb 2012, received on 11th Feb 2012
LANDED..........
March first week
1) While applying for spousal sponsorship, can the spouse visit Canada? which visa is safe if spouse is not employed in Canada? would the visa be multiple entry or single entry?

2) I understand that the medicals for spousal sponsorship is done and submitted along with the application package. The medical practitioner told me that the medicals would be submitted directly to the embassy and is not given in hand. What happens if the medical reports reach much before; a month or more before the application is submitted? pl. advice..

Thanks
V

Woffles

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
PanEva said:
Please post here what you find about the MSP detail. I would like to know if reduced MSP is considered as social assistance.
Hey, he called the MSP people a few days ago and apparently reduced payments are not considered welfare/social assistance :)

nowahsan

Jun 14, 2012
Guys!
please update. CHC Islamabad asked me to do re-medical and submit passport through TCS/Fedex to use prepaid services.

Is this normal sign? What will be next?

gagan88

Apr 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my visa office is abu dhabi.do any one knows how long it will take to get the medical and pcc request after winning the appeal.

sammara12

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadianhoney said:
Yes,we have client Id number my wife trying to log in but she cant get it through..
congrats!..yes, you need to have 1st your UCI before you can access to your e-cas account..and start again for the 2nd step of your application like ours!...good luck!... :D

canadianhoney

Jun 14, 2012
sammara12 said:
congrats!..yes, you need to have 1st your UCI before you can access to your e-cas account..and start again for the 2nd step of your application like ours!...good luck!... :D

What is UCI? thank you for replying

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
canadianhoney said:
What is UCI? thank you for replying
it is your "unique client identification" number!!!!

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
bagelbagel81 said:
Hi All,

Have been ocming to this thread for a few months now, without posting.

A bit of background: I am an Australian in a common-law relationship with my Canadian boyfriend.

We are applying for my PR with him as my sponsor from OUTSIDE of Canda. HE currently lives with me here in Aus, but we intend to move back permanently around April 2013.

Just a couple of questions:
1. I already have a Welcome letter for a year wrking VISA that I applied for in February 2012 (before we knew what month we would be going back to Canada) If my spouse VISA is sent for processing between now and April 2013, and I still am waiting for it to be processed, can I use that work VISA to travel over there whislt I am waiting for the spouse VISA to be processed? Do I need to come back to Australia between that time?

Also:

2. My partner currently is working in Australia, so we would need Proof of Intent to live in Canada permanently. I noticed there was a link stickied on the first page. Would a letter from my boyfriend's future boss in Canada and from family members stating our intent to permanently reside in Canada be enough? We would have to look for properties online before we go, but most likely will be staying with his mum until we find somewhere suitable, meaning we will have sent our application long before we find somewhere.

Thanks in advance! (and let me know if anything I have said is unclear!)

:)
Anyone?? Any advice would be much appreciated..

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
bagelbagel81 said:
Hi All,

Have been ocming to this thread for a few months now, without posting.

A bit of background: I am an Australian in a common-law relationship with my Canadian boyfriend.

We are applying for my PR with him as my sponsor from OUTSIDE of Canda. HE currently lives with me here in Aus, but we intend to move back permanently around April 2013.

Just a couple of questions:
1. I already have a Welcome letter for a year wrking VISA that I applied for in February 2012 (before we knew what month we would be going back to Canada) If my spouse VISA is sent for processing between now and April 2013, and I still am waiting for it to be processed, can I use that work VISA to travel over there whislt I am waiting for the spouse VISA to be processed? Do I need to come back to Australia between that time?

Yes you can still come and work as you have the work visa. I'm not sure how to switch from work visa to spousal though.

Also:

2. My partner currently is working in Australia, so we would need Proof of Intent to live in Canada permanently. I noticed there was a link stickied on the first page. Would a letter from my boyfriend's future boss in Canada and from family members stating our intent to permanently reside in Canada be enough? We would have to look for properties online before we go, but most likely will be staying with his mum until we find somewhere suitable, meaning we will have sent our application long before we find somewhere.

That would be correct. A letter from his mother works just as well. My parents wrote a letter stating we would be staying with them and I was approved as sponsor :)

Thanks in advance! (and let me know if anything I have said is unclear!)

:)

sumitd

Apr 16, 2012
ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2012
AOR Received.
12-06-2012
File Transfer...
12-06-2012
Passport Req..
05-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-30-2012/ PP received on the 7th of September
LANDED..........
September 21-2012
Hey Guyz,

i called CIC on Wednesday when they said my file was approved and forwarded to NEW DELHI on June 12th, i have the UCI and the file number as well. I am not able to see any update on ECAS.

can you guys advice how long does it take for me to check the status on ECAS.

my application was received by CPC-M on march the 9th.

please advice.

And what is the process once the file is forwarded to VO..