+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Ragavan S

Jun 18, 2022
Hi All,

Hope you are doing well.

I am planning to sponsor my Spouse and he is currently in Closed Work Permit. We have gone through lot of blogs for application submission and all are pretty much confusing. Can you please help us with the checklist of documents to be submitted by the sponsor and to be filled by my spouse. Can he get the Open work permit while applying for the Spousal Sponsorship.

Do i need to create a new account in IRCC to start my spousal sponsorship or can i use the existing one. Can anyone please help me here

Thanks,

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am planning to sponsor my Spouse and he is currently in Closed Work Permit. We have gone through lot of blogs for application submission and all are pretty much confusing. Can you please help us with the checklist of documents to be submitted by the sponsor and to be filled by my spouse. Can he get the Open work permit while applying for the Spousal Sponsorship.
-Use the checklist in the application package and ignore the blogs to start.

-He can apply for an open work permit (assuming inland of course) along with the main application if applying by paper, not online. (It can be done online but most seem to find confusing when, because it has to be done separately). Note it may take quite some time for the open work permit.

Reactions: Ragavan S

SaiFidrisi

Jun 19, 2022
Hello
i applied for my wife's sponsorship about an year ago and on March-4-2022 she passed her medical exam and next day i got the message there has been important update in my file so i linked my file with my online ircc account and since that day the message still shows "we are processing your background check we will send you a message if we need more info."
today is june 19-2022
does it usually takes this much time? Its almost 4 months now

Simplitario

Star Member
May 4, 2022
Hey guys. Can we use GCkey and pr portal both simultaneously???
Yes. Only thing is if you are using Immigration lawyer for your file, they would be kicked out of the GCKey if you try to link your application in there. You both can still use PR tracker though.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
How to apply Open Work Permit when applying for the Spousal Sponsorship under Family Class Online?
Do you mean outland sponsorship?
There is no OWP available via outland.

Only inland spousal sponsorship can include an OWP application. (Heard that online inland have to wait for AOR before applying for OWP but I am not 100% sure since the online application was not available back then)

Ragavan S

Jun 18, 2022
Do you mean outland sponsorship?
There is no OWP available via outland.

Only inland spousal sponsorship can include an OWP application. (Heard that online inland have to wait for AOR before applying for OWP but I am not 100% sure since the online application was not available back then)
Yes, I am applying for Inland Sponsorship

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Yes, I am applying for Inland Sponsorship
Try search for online inland sponsorship in this section. I am not familar with the online application process since it's a pilot program.
But I've seen some people here applied inland online.

These are some of the online discussions:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/online-spousal-pr-application.738188/

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/inland-spousal-sponsorship-submitted-through-the-online-pr-portal.757225/

Reactions: Ragavan S