+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Aug 14, 2019
Bjr une année après le transfert de mon dossier à Dakar le 01 mars je reçu un mail de demande de renseignements, il faut encore combien de temps pour avoir les nouvelles de Dakar Selon vous? Merci

frange

May 25, 2018

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Again, unclear what you are submitting. Is this your original application? Spousal apps are only paper-based, no online, so originals needed.

If you've received some subsequent info request or other for an in-process app, yes, you could upload.
Hi I am sorry for the unclear question. I was asking about the original spousal PR application, if it has to be online or paper based. Thank you for the reply.

Reactions: armoured

j9lad

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
If you have been in touch with others, then sure, less unusual - their experience can perhaps help. But partly I meant that this sequence wasn't really anticipated in process - before, your COPR expired, that was it, you lost your app, start over. It's only in covid they've let those with expired coprs do something (as far as I'm aware anyway).

I don't know what to recommend to you apart from getting to Canada - you've already advised IRCC. (Although when you do land, I would be sure to inform on landing of the change and that this is reflected in the doc, even handwritten, when you sign the COPR during the landing process)
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. My CoPR was approved prior to March 18, 2020, so I am exempt from the travel restrictions.

Are you suggesting to move ahead with my landing (after getting the authorization letter) and inform the officials about the change of marital status? I'm actually not sure if I'm allowed to travel now since my marital status has changed, compared to what I had when I filled the application.

Also, with your suggestion, probably the way to go about it is to go through the spousal sponsorship program?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. My CoPR was approved prior to March 18, 2020, so I am exempt from the travel restrictions.

Are you suggesting to move ahead with my landing (after getting the authorization letter) and inform the officials about the change of marital status? I'm actually not sure if I'm allowed to travel now since my marital status has changed, compared to what I had when I filled the application.

Also, with your suggestion, probably the way to go about it is to go through the spousal sponsorship program?
I really was going partly by what you seem to have heard from IRCC and others. Honestly I'm not comfortable enough with the circumstances or rules to suggest a course of action.

nwapapa

Star Member
Feb 27, 2021
Did your status changed to application received?
i don't understand what you mean, but no i didn't change my status if that what you mean. but am January IRCC ask me for proof of my relationship with my wife which i send to me till now i hven't heard anything from them.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I live in India with my wife and father and I'm applying for Canada PR with my wife but I also want my father to come with me. So what's the procedure for the same.
Are you a PR or Canadian Citizen? If PR you have to be physically in Canada to start the application for your wife. You can't include your Father in the application, that is a separate application through another program.

James Beau

Jan 13, 2017
Hi guys, has anyone ever received a CIC letter requesting an affidavit of clarification regarding a separation/severance of common-law partners as well as the discrepancy of the provided information. My wife and I have been together since 2010 (dating) and I left Canada in December 2016, but we continued to be in touch and CIC asked me to sign a severance of common-law union in March 2017, but I returned to Canada in September 2017 and we were married in July 2019. We submitted a PR application in September that year and have since received this affidavit.

I think the clarification is related to why we didn't include it in the application forms (although there is no entry or row that highlights a separation of relationship) and also the discrepancy maybe when the relationship started.

Any help is greatly appreciated guys!

deepu2595

Feb 3, 2017
Hi i have completed filling the forms for my wife but i have a confusion regarding form imm5669 because it have two version 2018 and 2019. Please can anybody tell me which one to fill. Thanks in advance.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi i have completed filling the forms for my wife but i have a confusion regarding form imm5669 because it have two version 2018 and 2019. Please can anybody tell me which one to fill. Thanks in advance.
Unless you have some specific reason to doubt the more recent version, use the more recent version.