+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Mickey9

Feb 9, 2020
For your police certificate, it stays valid forever if you obtained it after leaving the country and have not returned since. Unfortunately if you have returned (or were still living there when you obtained it) you will need to get a new one.

See the instructions here for the OWP instructions. Since you've already submitted your inland app, you will send the OWP app to Vegreville.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1163&top=17
Do you have the link for police certificate about time valid?

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Please advice
we applied sponsorship application(InCanada paper based) along with SOWP on oct 3rd 2019, its been 4 months and we didnt receive any update regarding SOWP, we sent webform for clarification, they replied saying that they have forwarded the webform request to the responsible office.
we called IRCC aswell, they said they have sent email to Mississauga office. not sure why it is taking long.
Many October 2019 inland applicants are still awaiting approvals on their OWPs (I am one of them). They have started coming in February for the October applications, albeit slowly but surely. I'd give it at least until the end of the month, then try calling again or reaching out via Webform to ask about the status. Hang tight and good luck!

macky17

Mar 17, 2017
Hello Guys, Needed help regarding a situation.

I did court marriage in India. My wife has one elder sister and younger brother. Now her elder sister's father is different than my wife's. I guess she is half sister. But problem is they do not have any adoption certificate or any other record to prove. Her elder sister is currently married.

Now my question is, Do I need to mention her name in imm5669- sch. background form right ? Do we need to provide any document or proof to IRCC for her sister? Or all they need is just information ?

2nd Question is : Her parents got marriage certificate from Church only? Her mother is deceased. Can we put leaving certificate and certificate of death ?
or what else we can put it ?

ranaumar1292

Jan 14, 2020
Application Sent : August 06, 2019
Application Received : August 09, 2019
AoR1 : October 17, 2019
Bio metrics Instructions : November 18, 2019
Medical Instructions : November 19, 2019
Sponsorship Approval : November 19, 2019
Bio Metrics Given : November 27, 2019
Medical Exam Done : December 05, 2019
Moved to LVO = January 13, 2020

Now almost a month has been passed, no update from LVO till date, ECAS still shows as "in process" and last status as "Medical Results have been Received". Can anyone let me know how long i will have to wait for AoR2 from LVO and for the full process

Top-notch

Feb 11, 2020
If someone can please assist me on this:

I have got my stamped PR visa and will be making my first landing in few days. Can I get married at this point of time? If yes, do I need to inform CIC about the same? Will it affect my PR? Or is it better to come back to home country after receiving PR card from Canada and then start sponsorship for spouse?
Thanks.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I did court marriage in India. My wife has one elder sister and younger brother. Now her elder sister's father is different than my wife's. I guess she is half sister. But problem is they do not have any adoption certificate or any other record to prove. Her elder sister is currently married.

Now my question is, Do I need to mention her name in imm5669- sch. background form right ? Do we need to provide any document or proof to IRCC for her sister? Or all they need is just information ?

2nd Question is : Her parents got marriage certificate from Church only? Her mother is deceased. Can we put leaving certificate and certificate of death ?
Your wife's elder sister has the same mother as your sister? If so, there's no need for an adoption document - she's just a half sister. If you feel it needs explaining, put in a letter of explanation that she is a half sister.

2nd question" I don't believe marriage certificate of parents is required (in this context, I don't think government cares whether her parents were married at all). What are you trying to put where? On the background information form, it will ask for date of death of parent (if deceased). I don't see any requirement to include death certificate.

Read through the forms carefully: they specify exactly what documents are required. The only need to add additional documents is if some complicated situation requires explaining or documenting, and having a half-sister or a deceased parent isn't that complicated or unusual. (Note, there MAY be contexts where they would want the documentary evidence, but doesn't seem to be the case here).

Grace2019

Aug 14, 2019
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Yy
Good day,

I have a quick question about my PR application to join my husband in Canada. I did my medical exam on 6th of January and according to the medical center they forwarded my medical result on January 16th.
I haven't been given any notification that it has been received by Canada Immigration.
I'm wondering if I should be worried that I haven't received any message.
Do Canada Immigration notify receipt of medical records? Thanks for any help.

Anne
[/QUOTE
You could check your GC key account if you have linked your application online you should be able to see that you passed your medical they will also put the date they have received it .

Pryncess99

May 12, 2019
Hi is there any another processing if my husband shifted to montreal Quebec during my application process? Will my processing dealy for this? I have given my biometric. My husband is shifting due to his new job.please help!
When he applied, did he write he was moving to Quebec?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello Guys, Needed help regarding a situation.

You REALLY need to read the guide and checklist more thoroughly.

1. Of course she must list her sister. No documents are required for siblings.

2. Her parents' marriage certificate is not required, nor is her mother's death certificate.

Again, read more thoroughly.

Reactions: macky17

macky17

Mar 17, 2017
Your wife's elder sister has the same mother as your sister? If so, there's no need for an adoption document - she's just a half sister. If you feel it needs explaining, put in a letter of explanation that she is a half sister.

2nd question" I don't believe marriage certificate of parents is required (in this context, I don't think government cares whether her parents were married at all). What are you trying to put where? On the background information form, it will ask for date of death of parent (if deceased). I don't see any requirement to include death certificate.

Read through the forms carefully: they specify exactly what documents are required. The only need to add additional documents is if some complicated situation requires explaining or documenting, and having a half-sister or a deceased parent isn't that complicated or unusual. (Note, there MAY be contexts where they would want the documentary evidence, but doesn't seem to be the case here).
Sounds good. Thank you very much. I appreciate it.

macky17

Mar 17, 2017
You REALLY need to read the guide and checklist more thoroughly.

1. Of course she must list her sister. No documents are required for siblings.

2. Her parents' marriage certificate is not required, nor is her mother's death certificate.

Again, read more thoroughly.
Sounds good thank you very much. I appreciate it.