+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Rajeeeva

Jan 30, 2020
Hi i’m applyied for renew work permit my file transfer to Edmonton we’re planning to marriage next two month my partner PR here if we applied for sponser application included open work permit application.we’re comfuse can we go for marriage or wait for work permit reponse as heard usually Edmonton office take 6 month for work permit and mostly they refuse please give me suggestions thanks

akashlal

Jul 13, 2010
Hello everyone,

I will really appreciate if you can shed some light into our situation –

I applied for my wife’s Spousal Sponsorship.

PA (Principal Applicant) Country: Bangladesh
Primary Office: Centralized Intake Office – Sydney (RC-6262)
Secondary Office: Singapore (RC-6057)

Aug 03, 2019 – Application sent
Aug 09, 2019 – Application received (locked in) in Centralized Intake Office – Sydney (RC-6262)
Oct 12, 2019 – AOR1 to sponsor from Sydney (RC-6262)
Oct 17, 2019 (GCMS Notes) – Sponsor Eligibility Passed
Oct 17, 2019 – Biometric Requested
Oct 21, 2019 – Biometric Completed – NRT
Oct 21, 2019 (GCMS Notes) – Criminality Passed
Oct 21, 2019 (GCMS Notes) – Info Sharing Complete (AUS, USA, NZL)
Oct 21, 2019 – Sponsor Eligibility Decision letter sent to sponsor

Oct 29, 2019 (GCMS Notes) – File received and accepted in Singapore (RC-6057) from Sydney (RC-6262)
Nov 12, 2019 – AOR2 to PA from Singapore (RC-6057)
Dec 19, 2019 (GCMS Notes) – Paper screened. PA Eligibility “Recommend Passed” and “Recommend Interview Waived” by Singapore visa officer. And, it was assigned back to RC-6262 (Sydney) for the final review
Dec 20, 2019 – Medical Requested
Dec 24, 2019 – Medical Passed
Jan 22, 2020 – Sponsor received email from Centralized Intake Office – Sydney with “OVS Sponsorship Eligibility Decision FCP VO” in the subject line confirming that the application has been forwarded to Singapore visa office for further processing. What does it mean? Does it mean that the main visa officer at the Centralized Intake Office – Sydney made the PA eligibility decision such as from “Recommend Passed” to “Passed”? I requested GCMS notes again but I will have to wait 30 days to get the updated notes.

So far – Eligibility: Recommend Passed, Medical: Passed, Criminality: Passed, Info Sharing: Complete, Security: Not started.

Thank you.

Reactions: tham_son

doswel

Dec 23, 2018
Hi,

I'm in the last steps of completing our sponsorship application and have two questions.

1.) Do we need to re-apply for the background check? My partner (principal applicant) applied for one last year already. When we applied for sponsorship the first time, the background check on her was completed.

2.) I can't really prove that we are presently living together (my partner never signed the lease etc...). Should I still include a copy of 1 document proving that we live together? (IMM 5533 Part B supporting documents, principal applicant section, question 7 a.). My landlord would probably accept for us to "correct" the lease as well which would allow me to provide two acceptable documents proving that we live together if that is much better. In that scenario, should I still provide proof of contact and proof of visits? We are applying outland though because I am gone for long periods of time for work... Right now I figure that I better answer NO to this question 7. a) and provide what I can proving that we live together...

Sorry for this lengthy question.

Thanks in advance!

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Hi,

I'm in the last steps of completing our sponsorship application and have two questions.

1.) Do we need to re-apply for the background check? My partner (principal applicant) applied for one last year already. When we applied for sponsorship the first time, the background check on her was completed.

2.) I can't really prove that we are presently living together (my partner never signed the lease etc...). Should I still include a copy of 1 document proving that we live together? (IMM 5533 Part B supporting documents, principal applicant section, question 7 a.). My landlord would probably accept for us to "correct" the lease as well which would allow me to provide two acceptable documents proving that we live together if that is much better. In that scenario, should I still provide proof of contact and proof of visits? We are applying outland though because I am gone for long periods of time for work... Right now I figure that I better answer NO to this question 7. a) and provide what I can proving that we live together...

Sorry for this lengthy question.

Thanks in advance!
I had to read your previous posts to understand what you were asking....Your already confusing this application.

I have no answer for #1...They will request what they need to when they require it. If you mean Police Record however it's only valid for 1 year so that's up to you.

#2 - You say you're applying for Outland when she is living here in Canada. That would not make sense to provide proof that she is living here with you. When you were searching for the forms to fill. Did you select the outland application or inland? The guide will tell you exactly what to provide for either.

If you have been denied before you will be denied again based on what your trying to accomplish in step 2. applying outland while she is here inland complicates things. I'm not sure how to fix it. however i just know it will be an issue.

Weeda

Feb 8, 2020
I received email from immigration after 16 days of sending my application the gave case number and said that the received my hasband is sponsorship.
so my question is giving case number that everything I sent it is correct or and the case is eligible ??

Weeda

Feb 8, 2020
I am in Odsp and I sponsor my husband the process of my case will be the same like others???
I mean The limit of time or it will be shorter

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I received email from immigration after 16 days of sending my application the gave case number and said that the received my hasband is sponsorship.
so my question is giving case number that everything I sent it is correct or and the case is eligible ??
I'm not sure I understand your question exactly, but when you get this email after submission, it means your application is 'complete' in the sense that they have not sent it back for having missed anything they consider required. Signatures in place, all major forms, etc. You've met the minimum requirements to have your file considered.

It does NOT mean that they have decided that the sponsor and PA are eligible accordig to the requirements of the law. It means (roughtly) that they think they have all the minimum documents required to consider the file and start processing it. They could still refuse the application.

But it is still an important step, it is being processed and considered. It's much better than having the application sent back because the documentation is incomplete because you forgot to sign a form for example (in a minimum sense, they can still request additional documentation).

doswel

Dec 23, 2018
I had to read your previous posts to understand what you were asking....Your already confusing this application.

I have no answer for #1...They will request what they need to when they require it. If you mean Police Record however it's only valid for 1 year so that's up to you.

#2 - You say you're applying for Outland when she is living here in Canada. That would not make sense to provide proof that she is living here with you. When you were searching for the forms to fill. Did you select the outland application or inland? The guide will tell you exactly what to provide for either.

If you have been denied before you will be denied again based on what your trying to accomplish in step 2. applying outland while she is here inland complicates things. I'm not sure how to fix it. however i just know it will be an issue.
Thanks DiiDii, I know this is not really straightforward... I'm sorry for the confusion. Because of my work, I cannot apply inland as it requires that we physically co-habit for the whole duration of the process. But I have to leave for periods of up to 8 weeks for work. So we will apply outland. In the checklist for the outland application, I'm asked whether we are currently living together. We are, but... So unless someone recommends strongly that I don't do it, I was going to state that we do live together (check YES on Checklist IMM 5533 Part B supporting documents, principal applicant section, question 7 a. ) but will still include the proof of contact and proof of sponsor's visits.

The reason we've been denied the first time is because I wrongly applied under the conjugal partnership category and there was no immigration barrier keeping us from living together / getting married, no refused entries to the others country etc. We will apply under the spousal category this time.

Thanks again!

Reactions: DiiDii

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks DiiDii, I know this is not really straightforward... I'm sorry for the confusion. Because of my work, I cannot apply inland as it requires that we physically co-habit for the whole duration of the process. But I have to leave for periods of up to 8 weeks for work. So we will apply outland. In the checklist for the outland application, I'm asked whether we are currently living together. We are, but... So unless someone recommends strongly that I don't do it, I was going to state that we do live together (check YES on Checklist IMM 5533 Part B supporting documents, principal applicant section, question 7 a. ) but will still include the proof of contact and proof of sponsor's visits.

The reason we've been denied the first time is because I wrongly applied under the conjugal partnership category and there was no immigration barrier keeping us from living together / getting married, no refused entries to the others country etc. We will apply under the spousal category this time.

Thanks again!
My understanding is that you can apply outland even when both are in Canada, although the applicant cannot get a work permit as an inland applicant would. But please do check carefully.

Reactions: DiiDii

doswel

Dec 23, 2018
My understanding is that you can apply outland even when both are in Canada, although the applicant cannot get a work permit as an inland applicant would. But please do check carefully.
I understood the same. As I had problems caused by my absences for work with the first application, I am just concerned to do it right this time... I will say that we do live together (which is true, and I even realized that we have the two documents of proof required) but still provide the other proof...

We will actually send the application while in the states, but I know that we won't be able to apply for an open work permit at the same time because it's outland.

Thanks!