+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Chady afara

Star Member
Jun 4, 2018
Hello guys .

I have a question so please help me out .

I'm from Morocco and i want to apply for sposoring my wife from there . do i need to include her family booklit copies and her identity card copy ? Thank you guys .
You need to send her family booklet (original) translated and certified and her original civil registration also original and translated and certified

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hello guys .

I have a question so please help me out .

I'm from Morocco and i want to apply for sposoring my wife from there . do i need to include her family booklit copies and her identity card copy ? Thank you guys .
1st of all ggot the ircc website >go to Country Specific>from drop down select your country>>Now see what kind of IDs they insist/are MUST. Family booklet if available would certainly help on top of other IDs. Actually member above gave U better info.

Chady afara

Star Member
Jun 4, 2018
Hello everyone
I sent my spouse application in the mail october 16 2018 i just am wondering how long does it take for them to reply to me that they have recieved it

prschn

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Is IRCC account and My CIC account same? CIC has asked me to submit additional proof for sponsorship application but through IRCC account.

AM confused. Please help!

maham13

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
Hey guys I’m March 2018 applicant ( Outland)
PA : Pakistan
My file got transferred to LVO on 27th. June
My status of background check at GCkey account shows like this
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Will i get DM and PPR request direct or first they’ll update at GCkey account that background check have started.
Kindly help me I’m confused.

Noble13

Nov 1, 2018
Hey guys I’m March 2018 applicant ( Outland)
PA : Pakistan
My file got transferred to LVO on 27th. June
My status of background check at GCkey account shows like this
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Will i get DM and PPR request direct or first they’ll update at GCkey account that background check have started.
Kindly help me I’m confused.
I am in the same boat, my application was received on the 14 march 2018 and sent to the London office July 6th. the GCkey account hasn't updated anything since it still says application in progress.
From what I understand, the next step is to get a per-arrival letter (confirming the relationship is valid)
Then its the background check, if that completes then we get a decision made letter and request to send the passport copies to a visa office.
once that is done. The next request is to send the passport to the Islamabad office where it gets the visa. Then I can book my wife a ticket to come to Canada

maham13

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
I am in the same boat, my application was received on the 14 march 2018 and sent to the London office July 6th. the GCkey account hasn't updated anything since it still says application in progress.
From what I understand, the next step is to get a per-arrival letter (confirming the relationship is valid)
Then its the background check, if that completes then we get a decision made letter and request to send the passport copies to a visa office.
once that is done. The next request is to send the passport to the Islamabad office where it gets the visa. Then I can book my wife a ticket to come to Canada
Thanks alot. I hope we get a good news soon. Any idea how long LVO is taking to process background check.
Complete silence since 27th june

AnnaBC

Nov 2, 2018
Hi everyone! My application was sent to Kiev July 5th, and last night I got the Pre Arrival letter and my status was changed on Background check started :) who knows how long usually it takes ?

Reactions: Hs@645

mickhew

Nov 1, 2018
Anna, what is the situation when as a Canadian Citizen I have a common law sponsorship in process with my partner and I would like to sponsor my 31 year old son who has diabetes 1 and is here on a visitor permit. Is it possible to sponsor 2 people in this kind of situation?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Anna, what is the situation when as a Canadian Citizen I have a common law sponsorship in process with my partner and I would like to sponsor my 31 year old son who has diabetes 1 and is here on a visitor permit. Is it possible to sponsor 2 people in this kind of situation?
Your son is too old to be sponsored. You can only sponsor a dependent child who is under 22 years old. If your son wishes to immigrate, he will have to qualify on his own through an economic immigration program like Express Entry.

missanabanana

Mar 13, 2018
Hey congratulations!!!
Which Visa office it was?
Would you please share your timeline also ?
Thank you:)))))
I am in Vancouver, applied Outland through Ukraine.

My timeline approximately (don't remember exact dates):
23.06 - Sent out my application
26.06 - It was delivered to their office
23.08 - My common law partner received letter saying they've received our application
30.08 - He was approved as Sponsor
30.08 - I received a medical exam request, passed it a week later or so
28.10 - Letter of Confirmation

Reactions: Hs@645 and AnnaBC