+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Catzzz

Jan 25, 2018
Application sent - March 7 2017
AOR - April 10 2017
Med completed - July 2017
Category - common law inland

I have not heard anything back from CIC since passing my medical exam and my background check is still in process.
Review of eligibility - not started yet.
Also, my sponsor has not received any SA yet? On his ECAS, the status is still in process.

Is it not normal at all? :( someone please help!

bajanqueen

Star Member
Jan 26, 2017
Application sent - March 7 2017
AOR - April 10 2017
Med completed - July 2017
Category - common law inland

I have not heard anything back from CIC since passing my medical exam and my background check is still in process.
Review of eligibility - not started yet.
Also, my sponsor has not received any SA yet? On his ECAS, the status is still in process.

Is it not normal at all? :( someone please help!
Pretty much some January applicants same position as you.

Reactions: Catzzz

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
You will receive your AOR1 soon. Currently, CPC - Mississauga is processing the applications they received by the end of November, 2017. There is nothing to do with local VOs, because your application is till at CPC-Mississauga. When the time you receive your ARO2, then it is the time that your application is transferred to the local VO.
What is AOR2?

MountainAB

Jan 4, 2018
App. Filed.......
18-12-2017
Hi everyone.
I sent my application last week but now I'm a bit paranoid. On the checklist there is an item called "National Identity Card", but my consultant said it was not necessary since I was already submitting a copy of my passport and my birth certificate with a certified translation. And some people from the same country (Brazil) said they also did not submit (or only submitted a simple copy, without certified translation) this document and had no trouble.

However, some people say it is mandatory. I only submitted a copy with a simple translation (not certified) and now I am worried. I know it might depend on the mood of the officer, but I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about it and can help me to calm down.

I know there's not much to do now, but I wanna know other people's experiences with that. Thank you
Hi! I’m also from Brazil and I was told to send in a certified translation. I filled the form with the ID number but attached an explanation letter regarding the expire date since there’s isn’t one. I haven’t received my AOR yet but I’ll let you know if something happens regarding this document. I don’t think it should be a problem for you.

frmBD

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Hello friends,

Is there anyone applied on November-December, 2017 and waiting for AOR1. I am waiting for 8 weeks and yet to receive AOR1. Most of the applicants get file number within 1.5 months. Why it takes so long time to issue a file number, i dont understand. Really disappointing

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hello friends,

Is there anyone applied on November-December, 2017 and waiting for AOR1. I am waiting for 8 weeks and yet to receive AOR1. Most of the applicants get file number within 1.5 months. Why it takes so long time to issue a file number, i dont understand. Really disappointing
6-8 weeks is standard. They receive an astronomical amount of applications. Issuing a file number does not take a matter of seconds. They review the application to ensure all documents required are present and satisfactorily filled out. If they are not, they return the application without issuing AOR.

yaacoub89

May 21, 2016
No, your application won't be returned. It is correct that the sponsor doesn't need to fill his own copy of IMM5406, only PA needs to fill it.

This form is not exclusively for spousal application, and it is for all stream of immigration, so it will require both wife and husband to fill it out, when the sponsor is not wife or husband of the PA.

i called CIC for this and the sponsor do not need to fill this form only put the name in the table

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
i called CIC for this and the sponsor do not need to fill this form only put the name in the table
That is right. When PA fills the IMM5406, the PA needs to fill the name and info for spouse/common law partner, any children, PA's parents and siblings, if applicable.

redhotgalego

Star Member
Aug 20, 2015
Hi everyone,

I got today an email to link my paper application to my online account, which is great. I thought it´d take longer, I only applied a month and a half ago. The problem is that when trying to link it, it tells me that there isn´t an application that matches the info that I entered. Has any of you had this problem?

frmBD

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Hi everyone,

I got today an email to link my paper application to my online account, which is great. I thought it´d take longer, I only applied a month and a half ago. The problem is that when trying to link it, it tells me that there isn´t an application that matches the info that I entered. Has any of you had this problem?
When your application was reached. have you got file number.

redhotgalego

Star Member
Aug 20, 2015
When your application was reached. have you got file number.
Indeed. I think I figured what it was, when it asks how many people are there in the application, I said one since it´s one applicant, but it turns out it should be two, since they count the sponsor as well. I´ll try again tomorrow since you can only try five times a day. Will report back.

Snowcab

Star Member
May 7, 2017
Applicant who submitted in June 2017 and had file transferred to LVO in September. Since then I have not had any updates on GCKEY or ECAS. I know a number of you have requested GCMS notes. How do I do this? What information will it provide me with? I do understand the LVO is slow, but both my wife and I need to give notice to our jobs and sell our property before arriving in Canada. It is also my understanding that this all needs to be done before the medical expires. What happens if we do not leave the U.K before the medical expires? Do we have to start over again?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

HEADSPIN

Apr 30, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LONDON
App. Filed.......
28-2-2017
Doc's Request.
27-3-2017
AOR Received.
10-3-2017
File Transfer...
18-09-2017
Med's Done....
10-4-2017
Hello. Does anyone know how long it should take to receive the actual PR card in the mail? My husband landed in Toronto Canada from England on December 9, 2017.

Amarjas

Jan 27, 2018
hello, I am applying permanent resident application for my spouse who is currently living with me on a visitor visa(valid for 10 yrs), should i apply in canada class(includes work permit) or family class. if i apply under family class should i declare that she is inside canada or outside.