+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

rosa_landaverde

Star Member
Feb 14, 2017
hello,
I am currently in the process of inland spousal sponsorship. I, received my applicant approval and my sponsor received sponsor approval too back in August 19, 2017. We sent the application on July 8, 2016 and it has been more than a year now. Everytime, I check through the phone line system information of my application, it saids we do not need further documents, medical report successful, you do not require an interview, we do not need your finger prints and currently processing your background check. It has been like this for almost 3 months. If you are in a similar can you reply back to my message or if you have ever been in such situation.?????????????????????????

planningtogo

Aug 1, 2011
Bacolod, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. No, it will not affect.
2.Yes, you need to use her UCI in all the forms where it is required. It's issued once and for life time.
3. I had a separate document where I described our relationship adding screenshots of our emails, Viber/Skype/Facebook chats, common photos, hotel reservations and plane tickets to confirm. Of course you don't need to attach 100% of your communication, just some highlights from different time frames.
4. It's enough just to translate them in English, you can do it on your own.
Thank you Christina88.
1. Do I need to send the refusal letter they sent for the tourist visa application or wait until they asks for it?

3. When you say separate document, is this aside from the photos that was asked as proof of relationship?

Thanks!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hello,
I am currently in the process of inland spousal sponsorship. I, received my applicant approval and my sponsor received sponsor approval too back in August 19, 2017. We sent the application on July 8, 2016 and it has been more than a year now. Everytime, I check through the phone line system information of my application, it saids we do not need further documents, medical report successful, you do not require an interview, we do not need your finger prints and currently processing your background check. It has been like this for almost 3 months. If you are in a similar can you reply back to my message or if you have ever been in such situation.?????????????????????????
You are at 16 months, which is well within the posted processing time of 26 months. Your situation not unusual.

Susieq

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Hello,

I will be sponsoring my wife who is currently in Dubai and I would like to get some information about the following please:?

1. She applied for a visitor's visa December 2016 unfortunately, she got denied. I was not the one who invited her to come here (we asked someone). Will that affect my sponsorship to her?

2. She was given the UCI for that application, should we use in filling out her Generic application form or just leave it blank?

3. We need to print out our conversation and it's a LOT, any tips on how to do it? Maybe get the oldest conversation and the newest ones or what would be a good choice?

4. It is not in English, can I just translate it and have it notarized or translating it is enough?

Thanks for the help!
My husband also got denied visitor visa in 2016, there is a question in the application that asks about any past refusal. They only want 20 pages of conversations and social media proof. All translations of legal documents must be translated.

planningtogo

Aug 1, 2011
Bacolod, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My husband also got denied visitor visa in 2016, there is a question in the application that asks about any past refusal. They only want 20 pages of conversations and social media proof. All translations of legal documents must be translated.
Are you referring to the form Sponsorship evaluation and relationship questionnaire (IMM5532)?

Susieq

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Are you referring to the form Sponsorship evaluation and relationship questionnaire (IMM5532)?
Must be, I don’t exactly remember now. I know that’s all we filled out and as of now we haven’t heard anything from cic since our application was received in April

Star Member
Aug 20, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
23-05-2017
AOR Received.
22-06-2017
File Transfer...
18-07-2017
Med's Request
25-10-2017
Med's Done....
02-11-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08/03/2018
VISA ISSUED...
04/04/2018
LANDED..........
27/05/2018
For spouse sponsoring outside canada

I didnt include email address of my spouse in the application. I only put my e mail add as sponsor in the application. If they send the medical request will they send a copy for me through e mail?
no, cic just send the notification to your email. cic send the applicant's medical request to the linked mycic account. from the linked mycic account you can download the medical request pdf and email to the applicant

christina88

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
Thank you Christina88.
1. Do I need to send the refusal letter they sent for the tourist visa application or wait until they asks for it?

3. When you say separate document, is this aside from the photos that was asked as proof of relationship?

Thanks!
1. I don't think you need it. In one of the forms there will be a question about visa denials where you will answer YES and explain why it was denied in your opinion (e.g. you didn't provide enough documents/evidents)
3. I created a Word file with text, photos, emails altogether.

christina88

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
I received a letter on Friday morning saying: "The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately with details concerning your situation.:". The letter has some details about sending a passport and filling up an annex A form.

Few Questions:
- Does this serve as a decision made letter or what for those who have been through this process before?

- It says: "If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you will need to submit the passport for you and for each accompanying family member.". Does that mean I need to send my wife's & Daughter's passports even though they are Canadians?
Congratulations! This is a Passport Request! You need to mail them PA's passport to get the entrance visa as a permanent resident.

spicysank

Apr 2, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Other
Hey Guys!!!
Up for Spousal Sponsorship soon. Have a couple of Questions though!!1
1- In Other relationship support what do we need to mention IMM 5532 Part C Sec 11?
2- Any suggestions for gathering documents?

Thanks in advance!!

barse

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2016
AOR Received.
30-04-2016
IELTS Request
SA Received: 19-05-2016
File Transfer...
23-05-2016
Med's Done....
04-02-2016
Hi
I separated from Common-law relationship with 4 children and have court orders as final. I am Naturalized Citizen.

My new spouse, PR in Germany, was married for just a year and got divorced. We married in Denmark Dec 2015 within short period of time - no one attended due to distance and short time.

I applied to sponsor her in April 2016. The application was forwarded to Vienna. At mean time, I invited her to visit me in Canada but Visa denied at end of July 2016. one of the eight reason mention for the denial of visa was, 'I am not convinced that she will be leaving Canada at the end of her visit as planned.' She was unhappy with that and said, 'I am happy where I am, need only you..". Communication ceased and relationship frozen, I cancelled the application. After a year we are able to reconcile, now ready to submit application again - Questions;

1. Now I realized I have two UCI - one for my migration to Canada 17 years ago, and the one I cancelled last year - which one should I use?
2. Obviously, I am going to mention that this is re-application, and should I go to details of what happened between us leading to cancel the previous application?
3. We have few friends from Canada and elsewhere who are aware of our marriage (did not witness but know us that we are married), and is it worthy to ask them for a letter? Handwritten?