17-05-2016
Med's Done....
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
21-09-2016 DM
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2016 COPR
Hi All,

I am wondering about the socalled security checks / criminal checks.

Not because I have any problem, but only wondering about.

Is hard for me to understand how do they do these checks. And why this could delay an application of someone that is CLEAN

As they ask in the application to suppy a document of your local police (stating that you have not commited any offence) .Then if it is not in english, you have this document get offcially translated by an approved translator, and have to go to the (applicants) Foreign Minister to stamp it. THis is then the document that you supply in the application.

So imagine that you have that police document where states that you have not commited any offence.
My question would be.... what can they check ? They should either believe that document or not; they should believe the stamps from your police and Foreign Minister or not. They may maximum check with the Foreign Minister if they have stamped that document.. I think that is the maximum what the VIsa Office (Canadian Foreign Administration, either in Ottawa or in the different Embassies)

But I don´t believe that they could check it with your local police.
Why not ?, because of the so-called Privacy Acts that rule in many countries.
Theoretically, at least in my country, if there is no sufficiently and justified judge-court-lawsuit, the police cannot disclose the information about any individual, even if it is asked by the embassy of another country.

Only that kind of thing, trespassing the ruling laws , can be done by secret services.

So, as said, for applicants whose criminal records are CLEAN and stamped, it is hard for me to believe that there is any real check to produces a delay in the process.

Have a good day

kiwiblair

Feb 2, 2016
NEW ZEALAND
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
AOR Received.
25-04-2016
Med's Done....
up front
Passport Req..
29-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
11-01-2017
calgary2017 said:
Hi All,

I am wondering about the socalled security checks / criminal checks.

Not because I have any problem, but only wondering about.

Is hard for me to understand how do they do these checks. And why this could delay an application of someone that is CLEAN

As they ask in the application to suppy a document of your local police (stating that you have not commited any offence) .Then if it is not in english, you have this document get offcially translated by an approved translator, and have to go to the (applicants) Foreign Minister to stamp it. THis is then the document that you supply in the application.

So imagine that you have that police document where states that you have not commited any offence.
My question would be.... what can they check ? They should either believe that document or not; they should believe the stamps from your police and Foreign Minister or not. They may maximum check with the Foreign Minister if they have stamped that document.. I think that is the maximum what the VIsa Office (Canadian Foreign Administration, either in Ottawa or in the different Embassies)

But I don´t believe that they could check it with your local police.
Why not ?, because of the so-called Privacy Acts that rule in many countries.
Theoretically, at least in my country, if there is no sufficiently and justified judge-court-lawsuit, the police cannot disclose the information about any individual, even if it is asked by the embassy of another country.

Only that kind of thing, trespassing the ruling laws , can be done by secret services.

So, as said, for applicants whose criminal records are CLEAN and stamped, it is hard for me to believe that there is any real check to produces a delay in the process.

Have a good day

you sound like someone who has something to hide , ... if you have nothing to hide , then dont worry , dont worry about the privacy laws either , none will get broken .

bhinder singh

Jul 17, 2016

I married my adopted cousin and with our marriage our families and our society all are agree.no one have any objection by our marriage.my wife is in Canada and we have one daughter also.

But Canadian embassy say according Hindu marriage your marriage is illegal.

But I have no blood relation with my wife bcoz she was adopted from another family.

Sir you gave me advise that show them your marriage certificate or what they ask. sir I had already submitted all my documents in the file.

Sir I have interview on next week . plz tell me if in my interview they ask that your marriage is illegal according to law. Then sir what I will say to them so that I can make them to understand that according law my marriage is legal.

I mean any thing is mentioned in law about these type of marriages .

Plz sir give me advice

calgary2017

May 15, 2016
Madrid
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-3-2016
AOR Received.
17-4-2016
File Transfer...
17-05-2016
Med's Done....
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
21-09-2016 DM
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2016 COPR
Dear Kiwiblair,

I don´t have nothing to hide, actually just had 2 traffic ticket-fines in all my life.

I was just wondering about the delaying times processing security & criminal for applicants like me who are "Clean"

Regards

calgary2017

May 15, 2016
Madrid
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-3-2016
AOR Received.
17-4-2016
File Transfer...
17-05-2016
Med's Done....
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
21-09-2016 DM
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2016 COPR
hopefull_lady said:
I am going through Paris as Well and i am may 2nd applicant they resuested school information and to pay thelanding fées so hopefully it wont bé long after that. Thye they resuested to pay thé fées
Dear Hopefully

I paid all the fees when I submitted the application

THey only requested me 17th May the "10year travel story" what I sent them 22nd. May

Cheers

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
Hello everybody!

I did my e-medicals upfront on 16 July 2016 and the clinic confirmed tha the e-medical results have been sent to CIC on 24 July 2016. However, I am unable to see the medicals updated.

Is there anything that I need to do?

BonManush

Star Member
May 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Sep-2015
AOR Received.
13-Nov-2015, SA: 27-Nov-2015, AOR2: 01-Dec-2015
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2015
Med's Request
06-Jun-2016 (re-medical)
Med's Done....
06-Jun-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-Jul-2016
LANDED..........
14-Aug-2016
erable_rouge said:
Hello everybody!

I did my e-medicals upfront on 16 July 2016 and the clinic confirmed tha the e-medical results have been sent to CIC on 24 July 2016. However, I am unable to see the medicals updated.

Is there anything that I need to do?
Ecas and mycic is updated very poorly. Don't count on them too much. Order GCMS notes.

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
BonManush said:
Ecas and mycic is updated very poorly. Don't count on them too much. Order GCMS notes.
Thank you BonManush.

ECAS is the updates one sees after linking the application in MyCIC, is it?

taniam00

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
Nil SA June 3 2016
File Transfer...
June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
no interview background check started Oct 4,2016
Passport Req..
October 18, 2016, application approved Nov 14,2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 10, 2016 All the glory to our God!
What's the best time or earliest someone can order gcms notes? My app was received may 2nd. Is it too early to apply for notes?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
taniam00 said:
What's the best time or earliest someone can order gcms notes? My app was received may 2nd. Is it too early to apply for notes?
yes, if you're looking for information about the applicant's application, it's too early. at this point, the only information available will most likely be about the sponsor's application. if you're looking for information about the applicant's application, then you need to wait until AFTER sponsor approval and it's transferred to the visa officer.

BonManush

Star Member
May 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Sep-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2015
Med's Request
06-Jun-2016 (re-medical)
Med's Done....
06-Jun-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-Jul-2016
LANDED..........
14-Aug-2016
erable_rouge said:
Thank you BonManush.

ECAS is the updates one sees after linking the application in MyCIC, is it?
No, no. They are two different things managed separately. ECAS was there before myCIC which was introduced recently.

ECAS: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do

MyCIC: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/account.asp

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
BonManush said:
No, no. They are two different things managed separately. ECAS was there before myCIC which was introduced recently.

ECAS: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do

MyCIC: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/account.asp
Thank you so much BonManush!

farhana766

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/08/2014
Med's Request
19/04/2016
Med's Done....
23/04/2016
Interview........
14/03/2016
Passport Req..
03/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Date Of Issue 13/05/2016 And Date Expiration 23/04/2017
LANDED..........
08/09/2016
bhinder singh said:

I married my adopted cousin and with our marriage our families and our society all are agree.no one have any objection by our marriage.my wife is in Canada and we have one daughter also.

But Canadian embassy say according Hindu marriage your marriage is illegal.

But I have no blood relation with my wife bcoz she was adopted from another family.

Sir you gave me advise that show them your marriage certificate or what they ask. sir I had already submitted all my documents in the file.

Sir I have interview on next week . plz tell me if in my interview they ask that your marriage is illegal according to law. Then sir what I will say to them so that I can make them to understand that according law my marriage is legal.

I mean any thing is mentioned in law about these type of marriages .

Plz sir give me advice
Hello bhinder singh,

You marry your cousin and she is your adopted not blood related. Accounding to Hindu law to marry a cousin is illegal, but she is not your blood related. The interview is your only chance to clear this matter. You have to make a good explanation if immigration officer ask you -------------your marriage is not legal.

If immigration officer ask you that why your marriage is legal or your marriage is illegal in that case you have to explanation like that----------------

Ans: Both family accepts our marriage because she is not my blood related and she is adopted. If she is my blood related my family will not accept because acounding to our Hindu law blood related cousin marriage is not legal. To me she is not my blood related cousin in this sense my marriage is legal.

The officer will may ask your wife Canadian life and job related question, your wife parents and relatives related question. Even the officer will ask you why you marry your wife.

My only one advice to you it is your interview and you know you and your sponsor life story better than immigration officer. So be confident and try to show your relationship proof. In the interview relationship proof is very important may be the officer will not want to see your documents, but you will request the officer to show your relationship proof.

Take care

Farhana

taniam00

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
Nil SA June 3 2016
File Transfer...
June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
no interview background check started Oct 4,2016
Passport Req..
October 18, 2016, application approved Nov 14,2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 10, 2016 All the glory to our God!
CDNPR2014 said:
yes, if you're looking for information about the applicant's application, it's too early. at this point, the only information available will most likely be about the sponsor's application. if you're looking for information about the applicant's application, then you need to wait until AFTER sponsor approval and it's transferred to the visa officer.
Oh sorry forgot to mention the application is already at the vo. Been there and started processing may 30th I believe.

BonManush

Star Member
May 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Sep-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2015
Med's Request
06-Jun-2016 (re-medical)
Med's Done....
06-Jun-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-Jul-2016
LANDED..........
14-Aug-2016
taniam00 said:
Oh sorry forgot to mention the application is already at the vo. Been there and started processing may 30th I believe.
You're probably being processed at London VO. I've had friends who were processed within 3 months total time.