Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
DeHdez15 said:
I wish I found this info before sending my Spouse sponsorship application :D
I think I did it right, I sent my application package, Jan 25, 16. March 8, they sent an email stating they received the application on January 28, and they will let me know once is reviewed..
Are they reviewing my application now? To decide I'm able to sponsor my husband? Ort they just let me know, we received it, and now wait to be reviewed?

Thanks for taking the time, to read, reply, you understand what is this process, stressful, anxiety... :-*
What you received is called "AOR". That means they received your application. Did you apply inland or outland? If you applied outland, in the next couple months weeks you will receive SA (sponsor approval) which means you are able to sponsor your husband. Then, his part of the application will be sent to his VO (usually the VO for the country of citizenship).

DeHdez15

Mar 10, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
File Transfer...
13-05-2016
Med's Request
Requested again Oct 20/16
Med's Done....
Oct 28/16 (2nd time)
Passport Req..
November 8/2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 21/2016
LANDED..........
December 10/2016
Outland. ..
Next couple of months :(
I know we just started the process, got married Nov 2015...
Thanks for your answer :)

willyblue

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/04/2016
AOR Received.
14-04-16
File Transfer...
30/06/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
I'm filling my application form right now for common law.. I keep seeing people saying once your relation is 1yr, you have to change your CRA to common law..I dont understand what thats means and does it apply to someone who is not living in Canada. Me and my girlfrind live in UK..How do i change my CRA to commom law in UK? Thanks in advance for ur responce

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DeHdez15 said:
Outland. ..
Its should be the Next couple of weeks not couples of more months , outland sponsor approval is a 62 days process .

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
willyblue said:
I'm filling my application form right now for common law.. I keep seeing people saying once your relation is 1yr, you have to change your CRA to common law..I dont understand what thats means and does it apply to someone who is not living in Canada. Me and my girlfrind live in UK..How do i change my CRA to commom law in UK? Thanks in advance for ur responce
If you file Canadian Taxes , you can declare yourself as Common-law under marital status and add your partner's name , you will receive a T1 General Form , that's an added poof of your relationship .

You don't change it , you declare your NEW Marital status .

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
DeHdez15 said:
Outland. ..
Whoops, TanMex is correct, weeks not months. Sorry, I blame typing that on my phone ;D

DeHdez15

Mar 10, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
File Transfer...
13-05-2016
Med's Request
Requested again Oct 20/16
Med's Done....
Oct 28/16 (2nd time)
Passport Req..
November 8/2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 21/2016
LANDED..........
December 10/2016
;D ;D ;D
Oh Lord! Weeks ufff sounds so much better lol
Thank you guys! I'll keep you posted!

mseyidov

May 4, 2015
Hi Friends,

I would really appreciate if you would help me on my cases.

I got my PR on September 2015. Actually I entered Canada for 10 days, got some required registration and finally they send me PR card. As soon as I completed registration on September 2015 I returned back my country as I need to complete my projects. At the time of speaking I am in my country, not in Canada. I am also planning to get married in July in my country. The questions are as below:

1) can I send all of documentations, applications from my country to CANADA? or i should be in Canada?

2) If I need to be in Canada, do i need to find a job for sponsoring spouse?

3) Is there any strict requirement for income as I don't have any job yet

4) If i have a 20,000 on canadian bank account, does it means that i can support her?

5) Is there any residing days requirement in Canada for sponsoring spouse?

Thanks a lot

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
mseyidov said:
Hi Friends,

I would really appreciate if you would help me on my cases.

I got my PR on September 2015. Actually I entered Canada for 10 days, got some required registration and finally they send me PR card. As soon as I completed registration on September 2015 I returned back my country as I need to complete my projects. At the time of speaking I am in my country, not in Canada. I am also planning to get married in July in my country. The questions are as below:

1) can I send all of documentations, applications from my country to CANADA? or i should be in Canada?

2) If I need to be in Canada, do i need to find a job for sponsoring spouse?

3) Is there any strict requirement for income as I don't have any job yet

4) If i have a 20,000 on canadian bank account, does it means that i can support her?

5) Is there any residing days requirement in Canada for sponsoring spouse?

Thanks a lot
As a PR, you must be in Canada to sponsor. There is no minimum income or job requirement, but you must show that you are capable of supporting your spouse.

mseyidov

May 4, 2015
MilesAway said:
As a PR, you must be in Canada to sponsor. There is no minimum income or job requirement, but you must show that you are capable of supporting your spouse.
Thanks a lot
So for example I can stay in Canada after marriage (jul-16) during application process 2 months (Aug-Sep-16) and can come back?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
mseyidov said:
Thanks a lot
So for example I can stay in Canada after marriage (jul-16) during application process 2 months (Aug-Sep-16) and can come back?
Two months is too long. Limit your trips outside of Canada to 3 weeks or less.

mirjana.Ilija

Aug 5, 2015
it shouldnt matter how long your trips are..I have been with my husband its the 4th month now. I put all my stuff on hold and got a letter from my employer that they will hold my spot until a certain time and will rehire me if that day passes. I have secured my emloyement and as a sponsor thats all you need is to be able to provide until your significant other is able to work.

you just cant be out of canada for 6 months or more but under that is ok..and in Serbia where I am they let visitors stay 90 days after that you need to extend your stay which I did at the local police station. You just gota find the laws and follow them and you should be ok..this process is too long and crazy im not going to sit and waitt in canada like it doesnt mattter if I see him or not

edmonton1985

Star Member
May 24, 2015
Hey Guys,

I need some advice in my matter. I applied for spousal sponsorship in July 2015 and got visa issuance request in December 2015. My wife got visa for permanent residency in January and her visa is valid till May 2016. I am currently living with my brother and his family in Edmonton and my own new house is under construction, which will be ready in August this year.
However, her confirmation of permanent residency had a clause that stated "must cohabit in a conjugal relationship for 2 years since the day she becomes a PR". We did not really understood the clause really well since we thought it is 2 years and CONTINUOUS 2 years and she can go back and forth as well. So I decided to tell my wife to land in Toronto for a week (because she has relatives in Toronto and also it is a good place to show her around) and then after one week, she can go back to Pakistan. I will be going back to Pakistan anyways to bring my wife back with me to our new house in Edmonton in August this year. Secondly, she has to receive her degree in Pakistan as well, which is at the end of this month.So she had to go back regardless.
So she landed in Toronto on March 6th, and the immigration officer asked her about the clause and why she will be going back and then the officer called me on the phone as well. We both provided her the honest answer that "our new house is not ready yet and it will be ready in August and I will personally go back to Pakistan to bring my wife back with me to Edmonton and also she has to receive her degree in Pakistan so she cannot stay here till August". I also told her that the reason I asked my wife to enter Canada in March was because her visa will be expiring in May and it is hard for me to take time off from my job as well. The officer was convinced and she did ask me where to mail the PR card and then she also told me that when I will be entering back with her in Canada in August, to provide proof of my new house purchase (i.e. purchase agreement). The officer did not ask any other questions with my spouse, and then she let her go.
My questions to people in this forum is that do you guys think when I will be bringing her back in August, would it cause any serious concerns? Will they give her or me any hard time? The point is that I have all the valid reasons and proofs with me to support my case. My new house is not built yet and it is supposed to be completed by August. I did not know that my wife will receive her visa issuance so quickly (because of all the scary talks about taking up to 2 years etc) and that is why i thought by the time my house will be ready , my wife can come here directly. Secondly, she has to receive her degree from Pakistan as well. But I am still worried about whether they can take away my wife PR status when we both will arrive in Edmonton in August. Any advise in this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
mirjana.Ilija said:
it shouldnt matter how long your trips are..I have been with my husband its the 4th month now. I put all my stuff on hold and got a letter from my employer that they will hold my spot until a certain time and will rehire me if that day passes. I have secured my emloyement and as a sponsor thats all you need is to be able to provide until your significant other is able to work.

you just cant be out of canada for 6 months or more but under that is ok..and in Serbia where I am they let visitors stay 90 days after that you need to extend your stay which I did at the local police station. You just gota find the laws and follow them and you should be ok..this process is too long and crazy im not going to sit and waitt in canada like it doesnt mattter if I see him or not
Looks like you're not familiar with CIC laws/rules.

Leaving for long periods of time is only fine if you are a citizen. If you are a PR you must be physically living in Canada to qualify to sponsor - leaving Canada for long periods of time put the appliction at risk for refusal.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
edmonton1985 said:
Hey Guys,

I need some advice in my matter. I applied for spousal sponsorship in July 2015 and got visa issuance request in December 2015. My wife got visa for permanent residency in January and her visa is valid till May 2016. I am currently living with my brother and his family in Edmonton and my own new house is under construction, which will be ready in August this year.
However, her confirmation of permanent residency had a clause that stated "must cohabit in a conjugal relationship for 2 years since the day she becomes a PR". We did not really understood the clause really well since we thought it is 2 years and CONTINUOUS 2 years and she can go back and forth as well. So I decided to tell my wife to land in Toronto for a week (because she has relatives in Toronto and also it is a good place to show her around) and then after one week, she can go back to Pakistan. I will be going back to Pakistan anyways to bring my wife back with me to our new house in Edmonton in August this year. Secondly, she has to receive her degree in Pakistan as well, which is at the end of this month.So she had to go back regardless.
So she landed in Toronto on March 6th, and the immigration officer asked her about the clause and why she will be going back and then the officer called me on the phone as well. We both provided her the honest answer that "our new house is not ready yet and it will be ready in August and I will personally go back to Pakistan to bring my wife back with me to Edmonton and also she has to receive her degree in Pakistan so she cannot stay here till August". I also told her that the reason I asked my wife to enter Canada in March was because her visa will be expiring in May and it is hard for me to take time off from my job as well. The officer was convinced and she did ask me where to mail the PR card and then she also told me that when I will be entering back with her in Canada in August, to provide proof of my new house purchase (i.e. purchase agreement). The officer did not ask any other questions with my spouse, and then she let her go.
My questions to people in this forum is that do you guys think when I will be bringing her back in August, would it cause any serious concerns? Will they give her or me any hard time? The point is that I have all the valid reasons and proofs with me to support my case. My new house is not built yet and it is supposed to be completed by August. I did not know that my wife will receive her visa issuance so quickly (because of all the scary talks about taking up to 2 years etc) and that is why i thought by the time my house will be ready , my wife can come here directly. Secondly, she has to receive her degree from Pakistan as well. But I am still worried about whether they can take away my wife PR status when we both will arrive in Edmonton in August. Any advise in this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

You did the right thing by telling the truth, your wife already landed so she is officially a PR, you do have condition 51 but in this case you explained the circumstances so all should be fine.

I could be wrong, but I doubt they are putting much emphasis on the condition 51 since the new government is planning to repeal it.