Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
Doc's Request.
15-09-2015
AOR Received.
20-05-2015
File Transfer...
07-06-2015 (SA) 03-09-2015 (status changed to In Process since 07-21) DM -Nov 26th..received DOCs ready for pick up email
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Submitted with Additional Docs Requested on Oct. 22nd
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 24th and received passport Dec 2nd.
LANDED..........
Landed Dec 6th!!! Wohooo..finally all done!
tranjini said:
You are absolutely correct then after your file will get transferred and from there you will receive AOR2 which means oh we have received your file here then IN process goes online ---> Interview/Passport request - VIsa
Thanks again Tranjini!

Can't wait to get something from them! Not having any thing confirming their are working on application feels like the process hasn't started at all hahahahha

I'm happy that processing times are better this year though! Which office did you apply through?

Cheers!

rosesandhu

Jan 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 july 2014
File Transfer...
3 sep
Med's Done....
19 april 2014 and remedical 2 feb 2016 without reqest
Interview........
Recommended on 14 march 2016. IP 9 oct
Passport Req..
14 march 2016. DM on 13 april
VISA ISSUED...
----------27 april 2016
LANDED..........
Today is holiday in ndvo?

shadow18

Jul 25, 2013
CHD
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-FEB-16
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
AOR-2: 31-MARCH-16
Med's Done....
DONE
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
16-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
SOON
LANDED..........
SOON
hello evryone .................

May i know the latest rules for sponsoring your spouse from India ?

And few imp questions ;

- is there any new rule regarding the addition of spouse name in sponsor's or applicant's passport ?

- what is the minimum period sponsor is supposed to spend in Canada after landing there for the first time.
- And after how much TIME(minimum period asked in above line) he/she can come back to India get married, go back to Canada and apply/sponsor for his/her spouse in India.

- Any other new rule or any change in process ?

- Any kind suggestions invited

Thank you so much

danny87

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015
Doc's Request.
CSQ: 08-07-2015, Received 24-08-2015
AOR Received.
29-03-2015 + 07-05-2015 & OWP rec'd: 19-05-2015, SA: 17-03-2016 & DM: 18-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront, extended for 1yr by CIC
Med's Done....
26-11-2014
Interview........
Inland
Passport Req..
VISA EXEMPT
LANDED..........
03-05-2016
Hi, I have a question for the people that immigrated into Quebec.

Once the CIC has started processing the sponsorship application for Spousal Sponsorship into Quebec, how long did it take before they requested the CSQ from you and how long did it take before they started processing the permanent residence application after that?

sue89

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ 18-6-2013
AOR Received.
14-05-2013
File Transfer...
25/09/2013
Med's Done....
25/03/2013
danny87 said:
Hi, I have a question for the people that immigrated into Quebec.

Once the CIC has started processing the sponsorship application for Spousal Sponsorship into Quebec, how long did it take before they requested the CSQ from you and how long did it take before they started processing the permanent residence application after that?
Hi ,
I dont know what have been changed but my husband applied last year for my sponsorship and the csq was submitted directly after receiving the federal letter or what u call the approval maybe i mean before transfering the file to the visa office in my country . Later on and after 10 months they asked for a csq copy again and i sent it by e mail and couple months later they requested my passport and visa was stamped .

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
2015-01-11 [Inland AOR rec'd 2014-11-19, corrected]
File Transfer...
2015-01-20 [CSQ applied Feb 9, issued Feb 19]
Passport Req..
[IP: 2015-06-10; DM: 2015-06-30]
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
shadow18 said:
May i know the latest rules for sponsoring your spouse from India ?
There are no special rules for sponsoring a spouse from India.

In theory, an immigrant to Canada could land, immediately fly back to India, marry, return to Canada, and sponsor their new spouse. However, CIC would understandably have questions about the legitimacy of that relationship and whether the marriage was conducted solely for immigration purposes. In particular:

*) If the new, sponsoring immigrant and their spouse were living together prior to the immigrant's landing, they may have actually had common-law status of a year's cohabitation. If so, then the spouse should have been included as a common-law partner on the original application, and not doing so is fraudulent misrepresentation.
*) If the immigrant and their spouse were *not* living together, what proof is there that the relationship was genuine? Specifically, why is this more convenient than marrying before the first landing, and including the new spouse on the original application?
*) Under what class is the new immigrant arriving to Canada to begin with? If the new immigrant is himself or herself being sponsored as a spouse, then obviously turning around and sponsoring a new spouse would be illegal.

Permanent residents must meet their basic residency obligation of 730 days' physical presence in Canada in any given five-year period.

shadow18

Jul 25, 2013
CHD
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-FEB-16
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
AOR-2: 31-MARCH-16
Med's Done....
DONE
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
16-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
SOON
LANDED..........
SOON
Majromax said:
There are no special rules for sponsoring a spouse from India.

In theory, an immigrant to Canada could land, immediately fly back to India, marry, return to Canada, and sponsor their new spouse. However, CIC would understandably have questions about the legitimacy of that relationship and whether the marriage was conducted solely for immigration purposes. In particular:

*) If the new, sponsoring immigrant and their spouse were living together prior to the immigrant's landing, they may have actually had common-law status of a year's cohabitation. If so, then the spouse should have been included as a common-law partner on the original application, and not doing so is fraudulent misrepresentation.
*) If the immigrant and their spouse were *not* living together, what proof is there that the relationship was genuine? Specifically, why is this more convenient than marrying before the first landing, and including the new spouse on the original application?
*) Under what class is the new immigrant arriving to Canada to begin with? If the new immigrant is himself or herself being sponsored as a spouse, then obviously turning around and sponsoring a new spouse would be illegal.

Permanent residents must meet their basic residency obligation of 730 days' physical presence in Canada in any given five-year period.

(there was no scene of marriage before he came to Canada , no scene of common law partnership)

- the new immigrant has landed in Canada as he got his pr under FSW , now after how much time he can go back to India, get married, come back and sponsor his spouse ?

- is it important for him to have a job and to be earning enough before he goes back to India for marriage ?

- is it that now(under new rule if it exists) he have to live in Canada continuously for minimum 6 months, and only then this period(6 months) will be counted in 2 years time period which is to be completed within given period of 5 years ?

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
2015-01-11 [Inland AOR rec'd 2014-11-19, corrected]
File Transfer...
2015-01-20 [CSQ applied Feb 9, issued Feb 19]
Passport Req..
[IP: 2015-06-10; DM: 2015-06-30]
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
shadow18 said:
- the new immigrant has landed in Canada as he got his pr under FSW , now after how much time he can go back to India, get married, come back and sponsor his spouse ?
As I said, I am aware of no such legal limit. The new immigrant could in theory take the next flight to India after landing, but in practice it would probably be best to wait for the PR card to facilitate re-entry.

However, please keep in mind that such an application may look like a relationship of convenience, for the purposes of immigration. CIC would be rightly suspicious of such a rapid development. The situation you describe looks a great deal like borderline fraud, where a false relationship is attested to in order to gain entry to Canada.

- is it important for him to have a job and to be earning enough before he goes back to India for marriage ?
For applications without children, the spousal sponsorship class has no strict financial requirement. However, CIC must be convinced that neither the immigrant nor spouse will depend upon social services while in Canada, so applying without a source of income or documented savings may be difficult.

- is it that now(under new rule if it exists) he have to live in Canada continuously for minimum 6 months, and only then this period(6 months) will be counted in 2 years time period which is to be completed within given period of 5 years ?
To my knowledge, there is no six-month rule, although there was in the past. Now, the rule is that a PR must live in Canada for at least two years out of every five, which offers greater flexibility.

danny87

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015
Doc's Request.
CSQ: 08-07-2015, Received 24-08-2015
AOR Received.
29-03-2015 + 07-05-2015 & OWP rec'd: 19-05-2015, SA: 17-03-2016 & DM: 18-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront, extended for 1yr by CIC
Med's Done....
26-11-2014
Interview........
Inland
Passport Req..
VISA EXEMPT
LANDED..........
03-05-2016
sue89 said:
Hi ,
I dont know what have been changed but my husband applied last year for my sponsorship and the csq was submitted directly after receiving the federal letter or what u call the approval maybe i mean before transfering the file to the visa office in my country . Later on and after 10 months they asked for a csq copy again and i sent it by e mail and couple months later they requested my passport and visa was stamped .
Thank you, and I understand that the outland process has somewhat different timelines. I am talking about the Inland process here.

So does anybody know how long it takes for an inland application to get the CSQ request and how long it would take for CIC after receiving the CSQ to start processing the permanent residence application?

superboy_ec

Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
Nov 19, 2009
AOR Received.
July 7, 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
not yet and I don't think it will
Med's Request
June 24, 2010 received July 7. 2010
Med's Done....
July 20, 2010 and cardio (sept/29)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-Feb-2011 sent 01-Mar-2011 arrived @ F.E. 03-Mar-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
02-Apr-2011
Hi This is an excellent thread, but I have a question and my apologies upfront if this has been said before and for asking this again if so.

Is there a "must" requirement for friends and/or family members mentioned in the sponsored questionnaire form to issue a reference letter indicating about the relationship? or how the knew about it ?

Please, answers to this will be very much appreciated.

Priaj1425

May 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/03/2015
File Transfer...
02/06/2015
Med's Request
Re medical requested 02/03/2016. Done 10/03/2016
Med's Done....
11/03/2015
Interview........
02/03/2016 Done Successfully.
Passport Req..
Decision Made. PPR 4 april 2016
VISA ISSUED...
8 april 2016
LANDED..........
soon
Ponga said:
No, because a co-signer cannot be used for a spousal sponsorship. He can, however, write a letter stating that he will be helping you financially to support yourselves.

There's no minimum income requirement, but you must show CIC how you will provide for your wife.
In regards to your answer. I ( sponsor) put that my family will support me financially because i wasn't working. now i got the work. do i need to inform cic about new work?

jesmithers

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2015
File Transfer...
12-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-09-2014
Passport Req..
25-06-2015 (DM)
VISA ISSUED...
06-07-2015 (COPR)
LANDED..........
31-08-2015
Hi! Quick question, will ECAS state on the PR section that they've received the FBI Check? I just found out we can't use channelers and lo and behold that's what we used! The good thing is that my husband applied for both and we have the real FBI check and will be mailing it in ASAP to the VO.

Morganhannah

Oct 7, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2015
AOR Received.
18-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-04-2015
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2015
jesmithers said:
Hi! Quick question, will ECAS state on the PR section that they've received the FBI Check? I just found out we can't use channelers and lo and behold that's what we used! The good thing is that my husband applied for both and we have the real FBI check and will be mailing it in ASAP to the VO.
We did the exact same thing and are mailing it out this week

soniababbar123

Apr 24, 2015
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
20/04/2017
Doc's Request.
02/06/2017
File Transfer...
19/06/2017
Med's Request
31/05/2017
Med's Done....
10/06/2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2018
LANDED..........
07-02-2018
Hoping for positive guidance :). To start I would like to inform that me and my fiance are from India.
He is doing a job in Abu Dhabi in an MNC and i am living in India only. He applied for PR in express entry last year, that too from Abu Dhabi.
He has been informed to submit medical and pcc certificates.

Firstly, I would like to ask how much approximate time it would take for his PR to come?

Secondly, what is the best possible time for him to apply for my sponsorship .... We are planning to get married in October this year.

Lastly, in how much approximate time my visa will come after he applies for my sponsorship? please guide for best possible alternatives in our case..

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
soniababbar123 said:
Hoping for positive guidance :). To start I would like to inform that me and my fiance are from India.
He is doing a job in Abu Dhabi in an MNC and i am living in India only. He applied for PR in express entry last year, that too from Abu Dhabi.
He has been informed to submit medical and pcc certificates.

Firstly, I would like to ask how much approximate time it would take for his PR to come?

Secondly, what is the best possible time for him to apply for my sponsorship .... We are planning to get married in October this year.

Lastly, in how much approximate time my visa will come after he applies for my sponsorship? please guide for best possible alternatives in our case..
Is your fiancé a PR in Canada??