+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

raplaurenz

Mar 18, 2015
Hi I have a question, and I really need your help, I'm planning to sponsor my husband who is outside Canada, Now, I'am pregnant with our second child, my first child is 4 yo and is now going to School so now I stay at home and I don't have an Income to support state that I am able to support my husband because I believe that is one requirement to become eligible in supporting a family member, to have a monthly Income, is there any other way I could still apply for my husband because once he gets here, the plan is for him to work here to support us his family. HELP:(

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
raplaurenz said:
Hi I have a question, and I really need your help, I'm planning to sponsor my husband who is outside Canada, Now, I'am pregnant with our second child, my first child is 4 yo and is now going to School so now I stay at home and I don't have an Income to support state that I am able to support my husband because I believe that is one requirement to become eligible in supporting a family member, to have a monthly Income, is there any other way I could still apply for my husband because once he gets here, the plan is for him to work here to support us his family. HELP:(
you do not need to have a job or income to sponsor your spouse. all you need to do is prove to cic that you have no intentions to apply for social welfare upon his approval. you can submit letters of support from family members and write a letter explaining your plans to support yourselves once he arrives.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
DEDEDE said:
2. I HAVE A DEPENDENT CHILD. HOWEVER THE SPOUSE QUESTIONNAIRE ASK IF EVER BEEN IN MARRIED OR COMMON-LAW RELATIONSHIP? AND ANY CHILDREN FROM THIS? COMMON-LAW IS LIVING TOGETHER FOR 12 MONTHS. THAT NEVER HAPPEN. HOW DO I ANSWER THAT QUESTION.
It would help to actually state the exact form name and question when you are asking such questions i.e. IMM5285, question 9b....

Your question is very clearly explained in the guide.

Question 9A - Previous relationships

Check the appropriate box to indicate whether you were ever previously married or in a common‑law relationship.

If you answer no, go to question 10.

SRAMA9

Mar 18, 2015
Hi,

I am new to this forum. I am sponsoring my husband from Srilanka.
I sent my application on 4th Dec and received AOR on 25th Feb. but no SA yet..
I called CIC so many times but no proper answers from any agent. One agent said they processing my file and i will have to wait until end of March and then only i can call back but nothing to worry. Latest reply from the agent is that they doing some external verification... I have no idea what does that means?

When i checked ECAS using my husband's application no it shows medical received also they have updated his home address too. is that normal for everyone?

tranjini

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
none
AOR Received.
27-02-2015
IELTS Request
none
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
Med's Request
Attached to application
Med's Done....
03-09-2015
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
June 4 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15 2015
LANDED..........
July 8, 2015
If you have children they do want to know how you will support your family. Spousal sponsorship has no income requirements but you have to show how you will support your children and your husband. Explain and show how you are living you should not be receiving any government cheques. unless it is unemployment or paternal or maternity leave. When they say we don't check income no minimum requirement it is just bluff. I know alot of people got reject with a letter saying "insufficient income". Be cautious if you get rejected you will have problems you will have to spend money and time. I would suggest you prepare well before applying.

rhcohen2014 said:
you do not need to have a job or income to sponsor your spouse. all you need to do is prove to cic that you have no intentions to apply for social welfare upon his approval. you can submit letters of support from family members and write a letter explaining your plans to support yourselves once he arrives.

dip25_shah

Star Member
Jun 16, 2014
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6th July 2014
Doc's Request.
17th Sep 2014
File Transfer...
8th July 2014
Med's Request
Medical Reassessment 9th Feb 2015
Med's Done....
3rd March 2014 (Medical Reassessment done 12tht Feb 2014)
Interview........
No Interview ;) (Dicision made: 19th March 2015)
Passport Req..
31st March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
25th April 2015
LANDED..........
5th May 2015
Finally! Got updates today from "in process" to "Decision made" :D what will be the decision and if it's positive how long its gonn take for passport request n visa

kubshta

Mar 19, 2015
Hey guys!

first of all, thank you for doing this. This is a great forum with a lot of helpful people! I asked my wife to write a short story about us and I would like to know what do you think about it. Thank you so much!

My husband and I met last year in Revelstoke, BC, by chance. He was from the Czech Republic, which coincidentally is where my mother and father are from. Another huge coincidence was that he was planning to return to Czech in April, the same time I was planning on visiting my grandmother in Czech. We decided to meet up in Czech whilst we were both there. He then bought a ticket back to Canada, to come as a visitor, so as to come see me. However, upon arrival in Vancouver, he was given a ban for one year from Canada. He returned to Czech a week later. I decided to prolong my stay in Czech by two weeks so I could stay with him. I then had to return to Canada to start new employment. I worked a well paid full time job for 5 months in Canada, whilst Jakub worked in Europe. Because I have dual citizenship to the Czech Republic and Canada, I decided that I would quit my job, leave my mother, step father, and very close friends behind to be with Jakub in the Czech Republic. It was an extremely difficult decision, and an even bigger adjustment when I arrived. We really want to return to Canada, as I have a chance of gaining my position back at my old job and be closer to both my mother and my husband, not having to choose between the two. We were set on starting an outland spousal sponsorship in January, but then read the news about the change the government was making in offering spouses application for an open work permit if they were in the process of an inland spousal sponsorship. Our immigration consultant advised us that we could try and return to Canada after Jakub's ban, and start an inland process, whilst simultaneously applying for the open work permit. If Jakub will be permitted to enter the country, my mother has agreed to let us stay with her and my step father until Jakub's permit comes through. We have bought our flight tickets, including return, which will be used if the permit does not go through and Jakub has to leave the country within the 6 month visiting period. We are extremely nervous to fly as our immigration consultant told us there is always a chance that the border officer at the airport will turn Jakub around and back to the Czech Republic. We have all our papers (including Jakub’s police certificates, marriage licence, IDs, and birth certificate) notarized and legally translated. We will also be getting his travel insurance for the period of him waiting for the open work permit, IF he is allowed back into the country. Any suggestions, thoughts, or tips would be greatly appreciated as this has been an extremely frustrating year for us and we are only hoping it will get better from here on out. Cheers.

Lovergirl1215

Mar 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Port Of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 16th 2014
AOR Received.
January 3rd 2015
File Transfer...
January 7th 2015
Med's Request
Up Front Medical
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
March 11th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 24th 2015
My PR went from Application Received October 21st to In Process March 9th but I have already received my PP request before they added "we started processing your application on March 9th" .

It was

1. Application Received October 21st 2014
2. Medical Received

To

2. We started processing your application March 9th 2015
3. Medical Received

But in March 11th before the status changed in ECas they sent me an email saying this is your final stage of processing with a request for Passport & 2 Passport size pictures.

Please explain what's happening?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Lovergirl1215 said:
My PR went from Application Received October 21st to In Process March 9th but I have already received my PP request before they added "we started processing your application on March 9th" .

It was

2. Medical Received

To

2. We started processing your application March 9th 2015
3. Medical Received

But in March 11th before the status changed in ECas they sent me an email saying this is your final stage of processing with a request for Passport & 2 Passport size pictures.

Please explain what's happening?
it means the visa office is ready to issue your visa. follow the instructions in the letter, send them your passport and pictures so they can issue your visa. the sooner you send it, the sooner you'll get it back.

adiiiii

Mar 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2013
AOR Received.
Feb 2013
Med's Request
Dec 2014
Interview........
Jan 2015
Passport Req..
23 March ,2015
VISA ISSUED...
3rd April
LANDED..........
22 may 2015
spousal immigration

here is my timeline on ECAS....
Application Received Feb 10 , 2013
Medical Received Dec 20, 2014
interview scheduled Jan 27, 2015
we start processing your application on Jan 27 2015
now the status appeared on ecas: IN PROCESS
at the end of my interview the interviewer congratulated
me told me,your application is approved and said police
verification may be requested in few days and within 20
days passport will be requested...
still waitng for passport request.....
can you tell me how much time can be expected...
and what will be the next step?

tranjini

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
none
AOR Received.
27-02-2015
IELTS Request
none
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
Med's Request
Attached to application
Med's Done....
03-09-2015
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
June 4 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15 2015
LANDED..........
July 8, 2015
Re: spousal immigration

you are lucky your file is fast. Be patient. there are people waiting for almost a year now. I am happy for you Good Luck !!!

adiiiii said:

tranjini

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
none
AOR Received.
27-02-2015
IELTS Request
none
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
Med's Request
Attached to application
Med's Done....
03-09-2015
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
June 4 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15 2015
LANDED..........
July 8, 2015
Re: spousal immigration

If you don't mind, please let us know what are the questions at the interview.

Thank you

adiiiii said:

Lovergirl1215

Mar 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Port Of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 16th 2014
AOR Received.
January 3rd 2015
File Transfer...
January 7th 2015
Med's Request
Up Front Medical
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
March 11th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 24th 2015
I sent my passport and the two pictures March 13th 2015 and they received it via DHL the same day. My only problem is when I will get back my passport. My letter for request for passport said I must be a landed immigrant by 10th October 2015

dyljuan

Mar 19, 2015
hello
I am a UK citizen and my wife is Canadian (we both live in the UK). We are about to start the immigration process for me to become a resident in Canada, but will be doing this from the UK. I have been informed that I may not be able to work in Canada straight away as soon as I arrive (the time I have been informed I would need to wait ranges 3 months to 18 months) What is the correct time period?
thanks

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
dyljuan said:
hello
I am a UK citizen and my wife is Canadian (we both live in the UK). We are about to start the immigration process for me to become a resident in Canada, but will be doing this from the UK. I have been informed that I may not be able to work in Canada straight away as soon as I arrive (the time I have been informed I would need to wait ranges 3 months to 18 months) What is the correct time period?
thanks
once you land as a pr and get your SIN# you are legally allowed to work. for outland applicants, there is no wait period needed for applying for a SIN# at the service canada office (some inland applicants are told they have to wait). You can go the same, next or any day after landing that works for you. some airports have kiosks so you can actually do it right after landing. depending on the province you move to, you will probably need to wait to get healthcare, not the ability to work.

if you're referring to "moving" to canada before PR approval, you are correct in that you will need to wait to have the ability to work legally. How long depends on how long the process takes for approval. for UK applicants with files in LONDON i think it's taking 8-11 months for approval? the london thread will have a spreadsheet to show what you can expect.