30-03-2015
Med's Done....
31-03-2015
Interview........
hopefully waived off! 3rd line update - 09.04.2015
Passport Req..
08-05-2015
Hi Members,

I am October applicant and recived PER recently. By God's grace I expect to recieve the PR by April - May. I will be getting married by October or later (before December 2015). Can anyone please help me about procedure to file visa for my wife? I know its too early to talk about wife's sponsorship but I would like to be prepared and plan accordingly.

Seniors, please throw some light.

Thanks in advance

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Akkirose said:
Hi Members,

I am October applicant and recived PER recently. By God's grace I expect to recieve the PR by April - May. I will be getting married by October or later (before December 2015). Can anyone please help me about procedure to file visa for my wife? I know its too early to talk about wife's sponsorship but I would like to be prepared and plan accordingly.

Seniors, please throw some light.

Thanks in advance
Read the first page of this thread for a good overview of the spousal sponsorship. Once you have read that and looked through the spousal sponsorship guides and application papers, then you can ask more specific questions here or in a newly created thread.

msbigshot

Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
11-03-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-04-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-29
PeriwinkleNymph said:
UPDATE: 81 days sponsor assessment!!! :-(

frustrating, really :-X
It took us four months to get SA, we never went by the timeline on the website. Only time it came in handy was when we called to see what was going on with the application because the our timeline and their's didnt match up. Good Luck!

Akkirose

Star Member
Jan 8, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO/CVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
Nomination.....
14-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-02-2015
File Transfer...
2nd line- started processing on 27th March
Med's Request
30-03-2015
Med's Done....
31-03-2015
Interview........
hopefully waived off! 3rd line update - 09.04.2015
Passport Req..
08-05-2015
tink23 said:
Read the first page of this thread for a good overview of the spousal sponsorship. Once you have read that and looked through the spousal sponsorship guides and application papers, then you can ask more specific questions here or in a newly created thread.
Thanks tink23!! will do that.

sumanvikramraj

Dec 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th June 2014
Doc's Request.
29th September 2014 pcc and landing fees which was submitted in advance
Med's Request
1st med on 31st July 2013 remedical done on 10th December 2014
Med's Done....
Remedical on 10th Dec ECAS update same day as In Process
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
awaited
LANDED..........
Booked flight on 20th of April Aircanada Del-London-Edmonton anyone plans to fly on same date please get in touch with me
Can someone plz help me to understand how long it takes after ur remedical. I am very scared and depressed got to know from some ppl that it takes much longer for cases with remedical. If anyone knows or heard about any remedical case Plz do let me know how long it takes....

kasiazlubska

Aug 27, 2014
Re: Spousal sponsorship, proving complying with the divorce agreement

Hello,

What would be the reasonable period of time to prove complying with the divorce agreement (payments for dependent children who are in custody of ex-spouse)? In Mexico there is no authority which can issue any type of certificate on complying with the court order establishing alimony for children. Obviously problematic ex will not state it either.
My partner who has obligation to pay different amounts monthly will present bank stabs to prove he complies but.... how many we need to notarize and to translate. Last year? Several years?

Maybe some suggestions about how to prove that he is complying and plans to continue with payments even while in Canada. Can I, as a sponsor help in anyways to make it clear to the immigration officer that he is not running away from his responsibility?

By the way, is there anyone who left his dependent children without possibility of sponsoring them at the later time (because of issues with the ex) to share his experience. Is that the issue that may prevent obtaining PR in Canada?

Divyanjali

Star Member
Dec 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2014
AOR Received.
14 Jan 2015
File Transfer...
19 Jan 2015
Med's Request
Remed 21st september
Med's Done....
1 August 2014
Interview........
Inprocess since 14th august
Wats the difference between acknowledgement of receipt (aor) and sponsorship Approval(sa)

yumyumhungry

Dec 4, 2013
So I checked ECAS randomly today and noticed we got Decision Made!

We didn't get an email though. We are going through the Manila VO (my wife whom I'm sponsoring is Korean). Will we receive an email? Otherwise, the letter will arrive in 2-3 weeks, right?

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Divyanjali said:
Wats the difference between acknowledgement of receipt (aor) and sponsorship Approval(sa)
AOR is just letting you know that they have received the package at CIC. Usually this means that they have opened the package and possibly scanned the bar codes. It isn't definite, but AOR can indicate that they are getting to assessing your application for completeness and starting to look through the sponsor stuff.

Sponsor approval is when they have finished assessing the application for completeness and have thoroughly checked the sponsor and deemed them adequate to sponsor their family member. After sponsor approval, the application is sent to the specific visa office to check the applicant papers and proof of relationship etc.

nishantgupta

Jan 16, 2015
Hi,
I have just immigrated to Canada as Permanent Resident.
My wife's name and son's name have been on COPR as non-accompanying dependents.
Their names have been on the application. Processing fees had been also paid for them too.
Medicals had also been done for all of them. But I have paid RPRF fees for myself only as I want my wife and child to come after I settle down in Canada.
Now what should I do to call them as somebody says that new application has to be submitted for their PR.
Kindly guide me.
Nishant

Divyanjali

Star Member
Dec 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2014
AOR Received.
14 Jan 2015
File Transfer...
19 Jan 2015
Med's Request
Remed 21st september
Med's Done....
1 August 2014
Interview........
Inprocess since 14th august
Thnx tink 23...will they (cic) people will inform us about the sa..thru mail or something or aor is the only intimidation

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Divyanjali said:
Thnx tink 23...will they (cic) people will inform us about the sa..thru mail or something or aor is the only intimidation
Usually sponsor approval is through email. I have heard of some people not receiving an email, so if you look at the processing time for sponsor approval and the date they are working on is past your date of submition, then call them and they should let u know.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
yumyumhungry said:
We didn't get an email though. We are going through the Manila VO (my wife whom I'm sponsoring is Korean). Will we receive an email? Otherwise, the letter will arrive in 2-3 weeks, right?
Sometimes they email, sometimes they don't. The COPR should arrive soon.

nishantgupta said:
My wife's name and son's name have been on COPR as non-accompanying dependents.

Now what should I do to call them as somebody says that new application has to be submitted for their PR.
Because you included them as non-accompanying, you must now submit an entirely new application to sponsor them for PR. Depending on where you come from, this could take awhile. Also, they will have to repeat the medicals and your wife will need new police certificates.

You really should have just included them as accompanying. You would have saved yourself a lot of hassle.

habeeb

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree! I waited for the time as it was posted on cic's website to pass and then 3 days more. When I didn't hear from them, I called and got an answer the next day. You have to wait for the time posted, they always wait to the last minute but once it goes over that time you can call and give them a nudge

PeachShark

Jan 17, 2015
Hi, I am a newbie to this forum. I would like to ask a question regarding the Spousal Sponsorship for outland application.

I got married few days ago, my wife is in India now and she got L1 recently and going to USA by the end of Jan 2015. I am applying the sponsorship application. I have seen the post from this forum which is posted in 2010 stating "If your spouse is residing in a country other than the country of their nationality, you can pick which of the two visa offices you want. Otherwise it will be processed in their country of nationality",

Question1:
As the rules are changing frequently, I would like to know if above statement is still applicable, if so which centre will be processing the files faster New York or New Delhi?

Question2:
Could someone who got their PR in this category(New Delhi and New York) share their timeframe?

I would really appreciate if someone could answer.

Thanks in advance.