+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship to Quebec

Linda.raftl

Apr 24, 2012
Hello guys!

I would like to ask you a question please. I'm sponsoring my spouse in order for us to move to Canada, more specifically Quebec. In the application form IMM 0008 that has to be filled out by my husband – the principal applicant, they are asking if he has received his Certficat de Selection du Quebec. The answer is no. However, he has never applied for it so he can't enter any date. And the thing is that the date has to be filled out. So what should he put? He can't apply for the certificate at this moment, it will only be done after we recieve the acceptance letter from CIC.

Also, my husband's English isn't good enough yet for him to fill out his application forms. Can I, as his sponsor, be his representative and fill out everything on his behalf?

Thank you again very very much!

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
Linda.raftl said:
Hello guys!

I would like to ask you a question please. I'm sponsoring my spouse in order for us to move to Canada, more specifically Quebec. In the application form IMM 0008 that has to be filled out by my husband – the principal applicant, they are asking if he has received his Certficat de Selection du Quebec. The answer is no. However, he has never applied for it so he can't enter any date. And the thing is that the date has to be filled out. So what should he put? He can't apply for the certificate at this moment, it will only be done after we recieve the acceptance letter from CIC.

Also, my husband's English isn't good enough yet for him to fill out his application forms. Can I, as his sponsor, be his representative and fill out everything on his behalf?

hi Linda that's a generic form and for other types of applications (federal skilled worker, etc) the CSQ is received before....anyway put NO and put 00-00-0000 for the date see if it works...or some fake date or some future date....or anything just to b able to print and then wipe it out....us we sent old forms so didn't try all that, maybe someone who tried it recently can help u more

yes, u can b his representative, there's even the representative form to fill out

good luck!!

parisien

Mar 24, 2012
Alberta
App. Filed.......
17-11-2011
Doc's Request.
23-03-2012 along with RPRF
AOR Received.
17-01-2012
File Transfer...
20-01-2012
Med's Done....
01-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2012 .... SUBMITTED ON 14TH MAY
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-05-2012
missmini said:
hi Linda that's a generic form and for other types of applications (federal skilled worker, etc) the CSQ is received before....anyway put NO and put 00-00-0000 for the date see if it works...or some fake date or some future date....or anything just to b able to print and then wipe it out....us we sent old forms so didn't try all that, maybe someone who tried it recently can help u more

yes, u can b his representative, there's even the representative form to fill out

good luck!!
MISSI CAN YOU TELL MY case where i al standing as i can see you are very helpful

chelseaviel

Dec 15, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 04, 2012
Doc's Request.
addt'l docs sent on Jan. 11 and recv'd by CEM on Jan. 14 2nd addt'l docs reqt'd on Feb 26,2013 sent on March 21 recv'd on March 22,2013
AOR Received.
July 31,2012
File Transfer...
Aug.13, 2012...in-process June 7, 2013...DM July 11, 2013
Med's Request
May 09, 2013 (remed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 31, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 03, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 19, 2013
LANDED..........
August 09, 2013
Linda.raftl said:
Hello guys!

Hi!

We have the same case my husband is actually from Quebec and he's sponsoring me. I'm the one who filled up the forms and sign my part then send to him from Philippines to sign his part and then he forwarded it to CPC-M (Case Processing Center). I did not put any date on the question 7 of IMM 0008 since i don't have CSQ no. yet, i leave it blank and it grays out. Just be careful with the data that you put not to have any erasures since its a barcoded form. I hope this helps.

vet25

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
AOR Received.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 27/04/2012
LANDED..........
Linda.raftl said:
Hello guys!

Hi Linda!

I've been through the exact same thing so I understand your confusion! When you fill out the IMM 0008 form and select "No" to question 7, the rest of the boxes will get "blocked out" (I think it's when you validate the form at the end); we had to wait a few seconds before it actually showed though. When the application is through sponsorship, we're not meant to have the CSQ yet (which you seem to already be aware of). Once you get you're sponsorship approval letter from CIC, they will tell you to then do the application to MICC (demande d'engagement) and for your husband to request a CSQ ( the forms are MUCH easier/shorter and it's a much faster process). And then the office in Mississauga will forward your husband's application to London for processing for his permanent residency; things get done more or less simultaneously.

I'm pretty sure you can fill out the forms together, that's what my boyfriend and I did (I'm his sponsor and I did all the paperwork).

Hope this helps! Best of luck :)

Sammi

Jan 13, 2012
Montreal QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 26, 2012
Doc's Request.
Traffic Report sent July 11, 2012.
AOR Received.
May 1, 2012
File Transfer...
May 16, 2012 CSQ Transfer....: June 6, 2012.
Med's Done....
January 3, 2012 ecas showing 'IN PROCESS' June 20, 2012.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
DM: July 29, 2012. PR doc in the mail !
vet25 said:
Hi Linda!

I've been through the exact same thing so I understand your confusion! When you fill out the IMM 0008 form and select "No" to question 7, the rest of the boxes will get "blocked out" (I think it's when you validate the form at the end); we had to wait a few seconds before it actually showed though. When the application is through sponsorship, we're not meant to have the CSQ yet (which you seem to already be aware of). Once you get you're sponsorship approval letter from CIC, they will tell you to then do the application to MICC (demande d'engagement) and for your husband to request a CSQ ( the forms are MUCH easier/shorter and it's a much faster process). And then the office in Mississauga will forward your husband's application to London for processing for his permanent residency; things get done more or less simultaneously.

I'm pretty sure you can fill out the forms together, that's what my boyfriend and I did (I'm his sponsor and I did all the paperwork).

Hope this helps! Best of luck :)
Hi Vet25

Sorry, a bit of a tangent here...

Do you mind me asking how long the process took from when you sent the CSQ to the Quebec authorities to when they got back to you? And when you recieved approval from them (paper form?) to which you mail to CIC (?) and THEN they send off your application to home country for assessment?

vet25

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
AOR Received.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 27/04/2012
LANDED..........
Sammi said:
Hi Vet25

Sorry, a bit of a tangent here...

Do you mind me asking how long the process took from when you sent the CSQ to the Quebec authorities to when they got back to you? And when you recieved approval from them (paper form?) to which you mail to CIC (?) and THEN they send off your application to home country for assessment?

Hi Sammy,

No worries at all :) Once you receive sponsorship approval from CIC (they'll send you a letter by email or post, depending if you had provided them with an email address or not), you send a copy of that letter to MICC alongside with the CSQ application form and other required documents (they provide a list of what they require, it's MUCH less extensive then the original application to CIC!) . Once MICC receives your request for the CSQ, they guarantee to process your request within 20 working days; and they did for me, I think I recieved everything by post 15 or 16 days later.

And you don't have to worry about forwarding anything to CIC or to your home country's visa office; once you're sponsorship is approved, CIC sends the application directly to the visa office. They will then hold the application until they receive confirmation from MICC that the CSQ has been delivered; and you don't have to do that part either, MICC informs your contry's visa office that the CSQ has been issued, and they can then start processing the permanent residency application.

So it's an extra step, but it was by far the easiest of the whole process I would say! Hope that answers your questions!

Cheers :)

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
vet25 said:
Hi Sammy,

No worries at all :) Once you receive sponsorship approval from CIC (they'll send you a letter by email or post, depending if you had provided them with an email address or not), you send a copy of that letter to MICC alongside with the CSQ application form and other required documents (they provide a list of what they require, it's MUCH less extensive then the original application to CIC!) . Once MICC receives your request for the CSQ, they guarantee to process your request within 20 working days; and they did for me, I think I recieved everything by post 15 or 16 days later.

And you don't have to worry about forwarding anything to CIC or to your home country's visa office; once you're sponsorship is approved, CIC sends the application directly to the visa office. They will then hold the application until they receive confirmation from MICC that the CSQ has been delivered; and you don't have to do that part either, MICC informs your contry's visa office that the CSQ has been issued, and they can then start processing the permanent residency application.

So it's an extra step, but it was by far the easiest of the whole process I would say! Hope that answers your questions!

Cheers :)
i agree with everything except the forwarding of CSQ to the VO....although MICC says they have done it themselves i wouldn't just go and sleep ;)...i would make sure the VO has it. (asking them in an email or even send a scanned copy of it in that email)....it did happen in the past when the CSQ copy somehow was lost, misplaced, the VO put the file on hold without notifying the applicant of the missing CSQ and many months were lost...

also it's good to know that u got it in 2 weeks (way faster than i thought)....thanks!!! :)

Sammi

Jan 13, 2012
Montreal QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 26, 2012
Doc's Request.
Traffic Report sent July 11, 2012.
AOR Received.
May 1, 2012
File Transfer...
May 16, 2012 CSQ Transfer....: June 6, 2012.
Med's Done....
January 3, 2012 ecas showing 'IN PROCESS' June 20, 2012.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
DM: July 29, 2012. PR doc in the mail !
Ah, thank you Vet25 & MissMini !!

:)

Linda.raftl

Apr 24, 2012
Hello guys again :) Thank you very much for the previous questions!

I would like to ask you another question please (regarding the sponsorship of my husband): in the form BACKGROUND/DECLARATION, question number 8 – Personal history, they are asking to provide personal history since the age of 18. Under “activity” they are asking to provide information regarding his jobs as well as the dates when he performed them. I know that when he was around 19 -23 years old, my husband had several little jobs lasting only a couple of weeks or even 1 month and we are wondering if we also have to specify the exact dates for those jobs. Because I don’t know to what extent they will check the dates and I don’t want the processing of the application to be delayed you know. Is it ok if we write approximate dates? Of course than he had serious job positions for which we know the dates. Is just with the short ones that we don’t know what to do.

Also, regarding the permanent residency fee which is 490$ per person, is it actually 490$ per person I want to sponosor? If I am only sponosring my husband do I only pay 490$ or do I also have to pay for me?

Thank you very very much for your help!

Linda

Venecan

Star Member
Apr 15, 2012
MONTREAL
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienne - Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2012
Doc's Request.
01-05-2013
Nomination.....
07-08-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
18-07-2012
Med's Done....
03-23-2013 Redone
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
I hope this year!
LANDED..........
I hope this year!
Hi everyone we got the CIC approval on July 17th, next day July 18th we sent the CSQ request to MICC in Montréal, today we checked our credit card report and the amount was debited, so we are hopefull that CSQ must be delivery at least next week.
Thanks!