+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship timeline

tea_1984

Star Member
May 2, 2022
Good to know that CSQ expiring has no effect. I looked it up, there is no impact on the application so long as the application is submitted prior expiry of the CSQ which is moot considering when applying for sponsorship with Quebec as the destination you apply for sponsorship federally first.

If you look at timelines there are applications for family reunification completed all through the year. Hence, would be very unlikely the quota is met by feb/mar.

awanhsi

Jun 15, 2009
Good to know that CSQ expiring has no effect. I looked it up, there is no impact on the application so long as the application is submitted prior expiry of the CSQ which is moot considering when applying for sponsorship with Quebec as the destination you apply for sponsorship federally first.

If you look at timelines there are applications for family reunification completed all through the year. Hence, would be very unlikely the quota is met by feb/mar.
Could you please provide guidance on where I can find the timelines for the Family Class? Are there any reputable forums you recommend? Additionally, how can I determine which office or location is currently processing my application? There seems to be a lack of information regarding the number of approved QC applications pending with IRCC. I suspect that due to the surge in applications and quota requirements, IRCC keep extending the processing time for QC applicants, although this observation also apply to other application types as well. I am not familiar with the abbreviations people are using in their timelines guide me what would be next steps for my application if I do not move my file destination from Montreal?

tea_1984

Star Member
May 2, 2022
There are timelines posted in many threads here and this is the only forum I use. VO office can be found online. I think the inland family sponsorship VO is Mississauga exclusively but I could be incorrect.
When there is nothing to submit the next step is always waiting until they contact you for more documentation/information or make decisions.

AdPaul

Aug 12, 2023
Updates:
I have received approbation on 28th of November 2023.
I have sent my picture and confirm my info on the 5th of December 2023.
I am now waiting to get my COPR (it’s been more than a month).
It is always a game of patience with CIC, even when it’s for a stamped paper.
I have called the hotline and they told me it’s a matter of time before getting the paper.
my VO is Mississauga.

shabxz

Jan 16, 2024
Our timeline:

Inland Application 7 October 2022
CSQ in February 2023
Background, Medical, Biometrics and Eligibility were all completed from Nov 2022 - March 2023
AIP July 2023
SA August 2023

No movement since then, so closing in on 6 months of no movement and the four big milestones (background, medical, eligibility, biometrics) were completed nearly 10 months ago.

Spousal OWP Application 20 October 2023
No updates yet
HI

I applied same time as you , got pre arrival on June 15 and nothing since then...

shabxz

Jan 16, 2024
Yes when i applied was 14 month , in june 2023 it went to 26 month. Now it seems like going down…
I applied October 2022 got SA and AP in June 2023 and 10 days after pre arrival, notjing since then..