+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship REFUSAL - help!

JYC

Jan 5, 2016
********URGETNT*******
Hi all,
I have recently won my appeal but now I have another issue that I can not get a police clearance certificate from a EU country that I have stayed previously without visa and was deported too and I have explained and truthfully admitted to everything that I have done in past but now after winning my appeal now Canada immigration wants the ppc from that country but I am unable to provide because that country does not issue it to people who got deported.
I need suggestions from seniors on this matter please let me know if anyone has a solution.
Please haters or negative comments stay away, just honest and serious comments only.
Thanks in advance
Just tell them the truth that you weren't able to get the pcc because you got deported from that country, thiey will know this anyway even without telling them when they run the security check on you.

Anelka

Aug 4, 2019
Start with contacting your MP. If you have a decent one they may be able to help. They helped me when I got an erroneous PFL. It may be too late but I would still try.
Hi @kcward7

Could you please guide me on how to contact my MP? i got PFL 2days ago and would really need your help and guidance on how to respond.

Anelka

Aug 4, 2019
Hello Members, could anyone please guide me on how to contact my MP? after drafting my response letter, is it advisable to get it notarized before sending my response? I got PFL and the panic isn't pleasant, I would appreciate any guidance and advise please.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello Members, could anyone please guide me on how to contact my MP? after drafting my response letter, is it advisable to get it notarized before sending my response? I got PFL and the panic isn't pleasant, I would appreciate any guidance and advise please.
Unless the PFL was sent in error, there is zero point in contacting your MP.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Notarization is not needed. You should talk to a lawyer, not your MP (unless you know for a fact the letter was sent in error).

Anelka

Aug 4, 2019
Notarization is not needed. You should talk to a lawyer, not your MP (unless you know for a fact the letter was sent in error).

Do you have any suggestions of a lawyer I could reach out to please? I am new to all this and the panic attack not letting me think straight, please help me

Anelka

Aug 4, 2019
Unless the PFL was sent in error, there is zero point in contacting your MP.
A lot of people suggested to contact MP when u get PFL and they might actually help the case, our application is being rejected due to information we didn't know we were supposed to update IRCC during the course of Sponsor's PR application, we were completely ignorant of this information until during filing for our sponsorship application (we even added LOE to that effect)

I just want to send a reply that is convincing and accurate for the case officer to believe we didnt know we were supposed to update IRCC prior to submitting our sponsorship application

Please guide me on the best way to respond to my PFL :(

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
A lot of people suggested to contact MP when u get PFL and they might actually help the case, our application is being rejected due to information we didn't know we were supposed to update IRCC during the course of Sponsor's PR application, we were completely ignorant of this information until during filing for our sponsorship application (we even added LOE to that effect)

I just want to send a reply that is convincing and accurate for the case officer to believe we didnt know we were supposed to update IRCC prior to submitting our sponsorship application

Unfortunately being ignorant of the rules is no excuse. What were you ignorant about?

As far as lawyers go, try finding one in your city. Plenty of immigration lawyers around. If you post the contents of the PFL, we may be able to give you more information.

To contact your MP, just go to their local office in your neighbourhood. Don't expect too much, but certainly no harm in going and asking.

Shalinis0316

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
Do you have any suggestions of a lawyer I could reach out to please? I am new to all this and the panic attack not letting me think straight, please help me
Where are you located? There is an immigration lawyer Mamann, Sandaluk & Kingwell LLP in Toronto. There you can meet Natalie; just the best immigration lawyer in Toronto. You can read their google reviews.

Anelka

Aug 4, 2019
Unfortunately being ignorant of the rules is no excuse. What were you ignorant about?

As far as lawyers go, try finding one in your city. Plenty of immigration lawyers around. If you post the contents of the PFL, we may be able to give you more information.

To contact your MP, just go to their local office in your neighbourhood. Don't expect too much, but certainly no harm in going and asking.

We applied for sponsorship under common law, but throughout my Sponsor's PR application, we were under the impression that we fall under the (Single/Never Married) category hence we didnt add me as common law partner in her application, I had my own EE profile which I have been re-sitting for IELTS to improve my points for ITA, it was only after Sponsor's PR application that we realized we are common law partners under the canadian law, my partner and I grew up in a country common law partnership is neither recognized nor practiced! As such we had no idea.
IRCC have validated all our documents and deemed valid, their only concern is why we didnt notify IRCC when we completed 12mnths of cohabitation (if we knew about common law we would have used the same documents we submitted to update IRCC during the course of her PR application, webform is one click away! :(

Please advise me on the best way to approach this

Anelka

Aug 4, 2019
Where are you located? There is an immigration lawyer Mamann, Sandaluk & Kingwell LLP in Toronto. There you can meet Natalie; just the best immigration lawyer in Toronto. You can read their google reviews.
Thank you so much for the info, I am currently located in Singapore but my partner is in Toronto, do u have any rough idea of the cost to solicit Natalie's help please?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
We applied for sponsorship under common law, but throughout my Sponsor's PR application, we were under the impression that we fall under the (Single/Never Married) category hence we didnt add me as common law partner in her application, I had my own EE profile which I have been re-sitting for IELTS to improve my points for ITA, it was only after Sponsor's PR application that we realized we are common law partners under the canadian law, my partner and I grew up in a country common law partnership is neither recognized nor practiced! As such we had no idea.
IRCC have validated all our documents and deemed valid, their only concern is why we didnt notify IRCC when we completed 12mnths of cohabitation (if we knew about common law we would have used the same documents we submitted to update IRCC during the course of her PR application, webform is one click away! :(

Yeah, your only hope is to talk to a lawyer. Your being ignorant of the rules around common-law is not a valid excuse, and your PFL was not issued in error.

Unfortunately you should be prepared to have your application denied - you need a lawyer to help make sure you don't get banned for misrepresentation.

Shalinis0316

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
Thank you so much for the info, I am currently located in Singapore but my partner is in Toronto, do u have any rough idea of the cost to solicit Natalie's help please?
Consultation charge is around $250. A prior appointment is required. She gives the best advice according to options available in your case.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

That is not something you will be able to fix. Your partner was legally required to declare you in their PR app. The app is very clear about what a common-law partner is, so there is no excuse for not declaring you. It was misrepresentation. As a result, you are forever excluded from the Family Class. Expect your sponsorship app to be refused. Be wary of any lawyers that tell you this can be sorted. Multiple court cases have upheld this.

Garry21

Apr 25, 2018

Did you applied as common law or as a spouse application?