+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship REFUSAL - help!

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I know. That's what I said.

You understand why you look like someone desperate to stay in Canada at all costs, right? Including marriage fraud?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Wold at least start collecting proof that you are living together now. Any mail you receive in your name you should keep as proof, if you are able to become a beneficiary on your wife's insurance policy if she has one, do you order things online rom your account and has it been sent to your home address, etc. Any small thing helps given that you don't have much information. Records from your email or texts arranging move from your previous home to your current address if it has the address. Anything.

VancouverIsland

May 2, 2018
To me it is interning why they ask about a proof of living together before you got married. Did u state u lived under the same address? Or just dating...

Well, even though family is far they could write that they know about your relation, talk on the phone with you and want to meet you... same with friends, it’s nothing biggy. Just to write that they know you and that u r a real married couple. Neighbors? U can see those everyday. If you decide to get letters, make sure you get their passport or id copy with it so immigration knows those people are real.

But this is just same little proof...
who knows, maybe luck is on your side especially since your wife is pregnant now. This I would say more important than immigration. I will hold fingers crossed for you guys!
Yes we stated that we live together which is true except there's no bill under my name. To get letters from back home would be harder and no time for it because I believe they're at the last stage with our application. Friends are different story. Wife has so many friends but she doesn't trust them. I myself do not have any friends in this city. One more thing. Is proof of relationship and proof of cohabition is same?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Yes we stated that we live together which is true except there's no bill under my name. To get letters from back home would be harder and no time for it because I believe they're at the last stage with our application. Friends are different story. Wife has so many friends but she doesn't trust them. I myself do not have any friends in this city. One more thing. Is proof of relationship and proof of cohabition is same?
No, it's not. But it's connected.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
So cohabition is legal bills and stuff right? Proof of relationship is marriage certificate and other stuff? Please explain more if you don't mind. Thank you very much
You're pretty much right. Bills, mail, things with addresses on them go under proof of cohabitation.

Things that demonstrate the relationship, like photos, social media, certificates of marriage, etc, go under proof of marriage.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
And who lives together they probably have proof of cohabiting... but still a question why would they ask about it as u r married. Maybe they do not believe you knew each other for that long?
OP has been a failed refugee claimant, was married to someone who started to sponsor him but withdrew the sponsorship, divorced that person, married again, and is being sponsored again. IRCC likely wants proof of all aspects of this relationship because of concerns over the previous history.

Reactions: sveta

VancouverIsland

May 2, 2018
Who knows maybe they w
for example me and my husband do not live together, so we send proof or relationship. And who lives together they probably have proof of cohabiting... but still a question why would they ask about it as u r married. Maybe they do not believe you knew each other for that long?
I do not know.... but I think best would be to ask some precessional lawyer.

I will send u a link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-determining-spouse/assessing-relationship.html
If the sponsor and principal applicant are currently cohabitating, evidence from at least two of the following sets of documents showing that the principal applicant and sponsor have been living together for at least one year (e.g. documents showing the same address for both). If they are unable to provide documents from a minimum of two of the following sets of documents, a detailed written explanation must be provided:

• proof of joint ownership of residential property
  • rental agreement showing both the sponsor and principal applicant as occupants of a rental property
  • proof of joint utility accounts (e.g. electricity, gas, telephone, Internet), joint credit card accounts, or joint bank accounts
  • vehicle insurance showing that both the principal applicant and sponsor have been declared to the insurance company as residents of the insured’s address.
  • copies of government-issued documents for the principal applicant and sponsor showing the same address (e.g. driver’s licenses)
  • other documents issued to the principal applicant and sponsor showing the same address, whether the accounts are held jointly or not (e.g. cellphone bills, pay stubs, tax forms, bank or credit card statements, insurance policies)
Actually this will give me hope. We were living together but the only downside is that i just didn't have any bills. So people can apply while not living together they must consider that plus I'm out of status and have no valid id. My ids are expired right after we got married. We only have utility bills close to a year now and i recently sent them. We also were able to open Joint bank account recently couldn't before. As for now we can't afford a lawyer they charge over 500 bux for 1 hour conversation. We went a lawyer before we apply and it was free consultation even that didn't help. Lawyer didn't give any information to us. wife works only and don't know what's coming up. If they refuse we have to save as much money as we can. Thank you very much for your explanation

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Actually this will give me hope. We were living together but the only downside is that i just didn't have any bills. So people can apply while not living together they must consider that plus I'm out of status and have no valid id. My ids are expired right after we got married. We only have utility bills close to a year now and i recently sent them. We also were able to open Joint bank account recently couldn't before. As for now we can't afford a lawyer they charge over 500 bux for 1 hour conversation. We went a lawyer before we apply and it was free consultation even that didn't help. Lawyer didn't give any information to us. wife works only and don't know what's coming up. If they refuse we have to save as much money as we can. Thank you very much for your explanation
People can only apply as not living together if one of them is not in Canada. Applying inland, in Canada, requires cohabitation.

Reactions: VancouverIsland