+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship REFUSAL - help!

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
At least you're all done from that mess, it's a painful process.
Yeah , but now the have sent my application to as which I guess is another level of bgc... Takes forever I'm told like months :( we're already going on 2 years in Jan. It's gonna be 3 by the time their done, if they try and find another excuse to deny him again, that is

Reactions: david_gat88

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
Yeah , but now the have sent my application to as which I guess is another level of bgc... Takes forever I'm told like months :( we're already going on 2 years in Jan. It's gonna be 3 by the time their done, if they try and find another excuse to deny him again, that is
Don't lose hope. I really wish you all the best. You have fixed the problem, it should go smoothly now. All the luck for you two.

rmurray

Nov 7, 2017
So I received my GCMS notes, and honestly it's all just a jumble to me.

Any notes I can see, just say I was refused because I don't meet requirements. Lists all the evidence we submitted, and says I am refused. I'm not sure how these were supposed to help me. I don't understand why that evidence isn't enough. Says they wanted cohabitation documents dated a year back...then lists everything I sent, and then says "PA eligibility; failed for not being a member of the common law class".

I don't understand at all. I've resigned myself to applying again. But I don't know what we should do differently this time, as we don't have much more evidence to submit. :(

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018

Any notes I can see, just say I was refused because I don't meet requirements. Lists all the evidence we submitted, and says I am refused. I'm not sure how these were supposed to help me. I don't understand why that evidence isn't enough. Says they wanted cohabitation documents dated a year back...then lists everything I sent, and then says "PA eligibility; failed for not being a member of the common law class".

I don't understand at all. I've resigned myself to applying again. But I don't know what we should do differently this time, as we don't have much more evidence to submit. :(
Get married. If you were refused because you couldn't (according to them) prove cohabitation for a year, getting married would solve the issue as it does away with the one year cohabitation requirement.

You can post pertinent parts of the notes (with identifying info removed) if you'd like more sets of eyes on it, as well.

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London

I know you want to wait until later for a real wedding, but right now spouse sponsorship looks like you only option. You could do a court house marriage and do a beautiful ceremony in a couple of years (like a vow renewal) when your financially stable. And your daughter could the flower girl Just my thoughts in a tough situation :(

allen80629

May 19, 2018
Richmond, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-01-2018
Doc's Request.
17-02-2018
AOR Received.
17-02-2018
Med's Request
03-07-2018
Med's Done....
06-07-2018

I think if you get the joint bank account and cc it will be helpful for your 2nd application. It's totally free. You and your boyfriend can put some money into the joint account every month to pay the bills. You can use the joint credit card for any grocery shopping. Also try to have your boyfriend phone hydro and cable company to add your name to the monthly statements. This is what we did in our case. I just printed out our joint bank account and cc statement in chronological order and include all the bills and highlight them (Total 204 pages). We also include our gym membership with our address. Hope this is helpful for you :)

Reactions: unsure dream

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018

I agree with @np08 perhaps post a snapshot of some notes, it's just hard to believe they can reject it with so much evidence, there has to be something hidden.

Get married, for what I have read you two are a legitimate relationship. Ask yourself, what's our priority? Easy as that.

It's scary they can have a word on our future as easy as saying NO to an application.

VancouverIsland

May 2, 2018
I'm sorry to hear that you got refusal. Any updates? We are December 5th applicant. We lived 2 years together and got married and we sent our inland application as spouse sponsorship. Now they're asking proof of cohabition for at least 1 year. As far as i read on this forum they require this only from common law applicants. We only have utility bill for over 10 months. I couldn't be added on the joint bank account because all my ids are expired by the time we got married. We recently went to different branch and they were able to open joint account. We also wrote explanation letter. I feel so down and my wife (sponsor) is pregnant now. I'm denied refugee claimant and this is my second application with second wife because i got married and sponsored by my ex wife before but we had a marriage breakdown and she cancelled the sponsorship. I'm out of status and don't know what else to do besides going to see MP

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm sorry to hear that you got refusal. Any updates? We are December 5th applicant. We lived 2 years together and got married and we sent our inland application as spouse sponsorship. Now they're asking proof of cohabition for at least 1 year. As far as i read on this forum they require this only from common law applicants. We only have utility bill for over 10 months. I couldn't be added on the joint bank account because all my ids are expired by the time we got married. We recently went to different branch and they were able to open joint account. We also wrote explanation letter. I feel so down and my wife (sponsor) is pregnant now. I'm denied refugee claimant and this is my second application with second wife because i got married and sponsored by my ex wife before but we had a marriage breakdown and she cancelled the sponsorship. I'm out of status and don't know what else to do besides going to see MP
You were aware of the application since this was your second sponsorship application. That is definitely not enough proof that you were common law especially given your situation. You will need even more proof given the potential concerns about your case. What about your lease? Given your lack of status and the amount of red flags in your case this was probably not the best time to have a child. A child will not secure your status either.

VancouverIsland

May 2, 2018
You were aware of the application since this was your second sponsorship application. That is definitely not enough proof that you were common law especially given your situation. You will need even more proof given the potential concerns about your case. What about your lease? Given your lack of status and the amount of red flags in your case this was probably not the best time to have a child. A child will not secure your status either.
We wanted to have a child for some personal reasons not for the immigration case. I know i lack of status and have so many red flags in my case. We can not do abortion because no matter what we want this child. My wifes owns the house so she can not add my name under the title because all my ids are expired.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We wanted to have a child for some personal reasons not for the immigration case. I know i lack of status and have so many red flags in my case. We can not do abortion because no matter what we want this child. My wifes owns the house so she can not add my name under the title because all my ids are expired.
In previous posts many people warned you that your case was far from guaranteed and a pregnancy was not a good idea. On top of that she had just finished bankruptcy so there must not be much equity in the home or savings. If refused, your wife has to be prepared to potentially raise the child alone for a while. You could all return to your home country and live together for a few years and apply again or move to a 3rd country and live together for a while. You do have some options. Wanting a child and it making sense based on the potential obstacles are different. If you planned a pregnancy you may have to deal with hurdles now if your application is refused. Your application may not be resolved by the time the baby arrives so you’ll have to deal with the financial issue of having a baby with only mat leave as income. Due to the bankruptcy she probably doesn’t have access to much credit and you can’t save a ton on 50K. I’m sorry to say that asking for proof of cohabitation is not routine for marriages so your case is causing concern already. Not sure what your MP to do for you? They can’t influence immigration decisions. I wish you the best but this was predictable so not sure why people want to make their life more complicated.

VancouverIsland

May 2, 2018
In previous posts many people warned you that your case was far from guaranteed and a pregnancy was not a good idea. On top of that she had just finished bankruptcy so there must not be much equity in the home or savings. If refused, your wife has to be prepared to potentially raise the child alone for a while. You could all return to your home country and live together for a few years and apply again or move to a 3rd country and live together for a while. You do have some options. Wanting a child and it making sense based on the potential obstacles are different. If you planned a pregnancy you may have to deal with hurdles now if your application is refused. Your application may not be resolved by the time the baby arrives so you’ll have to deal with the financial issue of having a baby with only mat leave as income. Due to the bankruptcy she probably doesn’t have access to much credit and you can’t save a ton on 50K. I’m sorry to say that asking for proof of cohabitation is not routine for marriages so your case is causing concern already. Not sure what your MP to do for you? They can’t influence immigration decisions. I wish you the best but this was predictable so not sure why people want to make their life more complicated.
We hope and pray. That's all we can do now. Thanks for your answer.

VancouverIsland

May 2, 2018
I read some of your posts and from your wife too... I am very sorry you are going through not so easy situation now. But your case really has many red flags. Don’t you have other proves? Maybe some friends or relatives can write letters? Your or her coworkers testify that you meet together? Family doctor visits together since you were planning a Child together? Maybe some trips together somewhere? Hotel stays? And social media pages? Gifts is good, but it’s not so strong proof. My case also has red flags. Previous marriage and deportation from US. But so far they didn’t ask for anything... let’s see what will happen. Maybe, it would be a good idea to talk to some lawyer? I wish you luck and stay strong! You have to now since you will become parents soon!!!
Unfortunately most of these things you mentioned are not apply to us. Our families relatives lives in back home. My wife has so many friends but she doesn't trust them to do these kinds of things. I don't have any friends where I live. We stayed a different city for honeymoon and we have digital copy of it via Airbnb. Should we provide that as well even it has only my wife's name and 1 guest which is me. I also don't understand what kind of receipts we can provide them. Just superstore receipts are fine? How will they believe it? We wrote few explanations letters to the ircc recently. Let's hope they will grant me as pr.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Unfortunately most of these things you mentioned are not apply to us. Our families relatives lives in back home. My wife has so many friends but she doesn't trust them to do these kinds of things. I don't have any friends where I live. We stayed a different city for honeymoon and we have digital copy of it via Airbnb. Should we provide that as well even it has only my wife's name and 1 guest which is me. I also don't understand what kind of receipts we can provide them. Just superstore receipts are fine? How will they believe it? We wrote few explanations letters to the ircc recently. Let's hope they will grant me as pr.
With your history, hope may be the strongest thing you have. If you have no other proof of cohabitation after being both a failed refugee claimant and a cancelled spousal sponsor to a former spouse, you are looking at rejection.

VancouverIsland

May 2, 2018
With your history, hope may be the strongest thing you have. If you have no other proof of cohabitation after being both a failed refugee claimant and a cancelled spousal sponsor to a former spouse, you are looking at rejection.
She never applied as a refugee. She's citizen. I'm the one who applied as refugee and had marriage before and sponsored. Let's hope they won't reject it...