+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

junno

Jul 27, 2011
My wife Application got refused.
Reason: (bottom line i did not fulfil my previous undertaking (2006-2009)
"Your sponsor is not eligible pursuant to R133(1)(g)(i). As a result, it would be contrary to the regulations to issue you a permanent resident visa or to allow you to become a permanent resident. I am therefore refusing your application."
R133(1)(g)(i) is (g) subject to paragraph 137(c), is not in default of (i) any undertaking.

So here is the story:
I applied in Jan 2020 and got a letter in Dec 2020 saying that i was not eligible to sponsor due to PREVIOUS UNDERTAKING, and i had to pay back the money my X-wife took when we divorced (on previous undertaking). That amount was $3000.
So i paid in full and in Feb 2021 Ministery of Ontario sent me letter all debt was paid off and no debt was left and they send the Immigration Canada the same letter. I forward the letter to the London Visa Office and received a conformation that the letter was received.

Now in Jan 2022 i got an email saying that my wife application was refused because I DID NOT FULFIL my previous undertaking.

Question:
IS there an error in their system that they did not receive the letter from the Ministry Of Ontario?
Is this their practice?
Should i appeal or withdraw my application and reapply.
(i am thinking not to appeal and reapply since now my previous undertaking payment is taken care off.)
WHAT are my options.

Titan55

Star Member
Jul 22, 2021
"Your sponsor is not eligible pursuant to R133(1)(g)(i). As a result, it would be contrary to the regulations to issue you a permanent resident visa or to allow you to become a permanent resident. I am therefore refusing your application."
R133(1)(g)(i) is (g) subject to paragraph 137(c), is not in default of (i) any undertaking.

So here is the story:
I applied in Jan 2020 and got a letter in Dec 2020 saying that i was not eligible to sponsor due to PREVIOUS UNDERTAKING, and i had to pay back the money my X-wife took when we divorced (on previous undertaking). That amount was $3000.
So i paid in full and in Feb 2021 Ministery of Ontario sent me letter all debt was paid off and no debt was left and they send the Immigration Canada the same letter. I forward the letter to the London Visa Office and received a conformation that the letter was received.

Now in Jan 2022 i got an email saying that my wife application was refused because I DID NOT FULFIL my previous undertaking.

Question:
IS there an error in their system that they did not receive the letter from the Ministry Of Ontario?
Is this their practice?
(i am thinking not to appeal and reapply since now my previous undertaking payment is taken care off.)
WHAT are my options.
I am not an expert in this matter, but if I were in your shoes, I would engage a lawyer now.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020

So here is the story:

Question:
Is this their practice?
WHAT are my options.
I would suggest you email the Visa Office, attach the confirmation letter ircc sent you and request a reconsideration of the refusal based on the fact that its an ircc error.
If the request is denied, then I guess your options are as you said:
1. Reapply (and spend another $500)
2. Appeal for free
Appeal would probably take a little longer than reapplying seeing as many here wait over a year in appeal process. You cannot "withdraw" since a decision has already been made, but it doesn't matter now anyways. You need to request a reconsideration, seeing that you have fulfilled all that was required of you on time.