+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

OmarSarfraz

Jul 25, 2014
That makes sense because my husband had been in Canada for about three months before he applied for my sponsorship.
I have the same case. When I applied for spousal sponsorship I was in Canada for about 4 months after my PR. But now I am here since 1.5 years and haven't heard anything from IRCC after the AOR1.

So this means we will be penalized for this?

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
I have the same case. When I applied for spousal sponsorship I was in Canada for about 4 months after my PR. But now I am here since 1.5 years and haven't heard anything from IRCC after the AOR1.

So this means we will be penalized for this?
Did you have your tax returns available?

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
Yes I had
If you were there for 4 months, were you able to show in your NOA that you had a job and had earned enough in the year prior to you having applied? I guess that is where they are having an issue - firstly, since you haven't spent enough time - they want to know whether you yourself have enough financial standing to afford a second person. Secondly - Canadian government loves taxes and it seems you wouldn't have paid nearly enough in 4 months. So 'eligibility' will probably be taking longer.

Again - like most - this is just a guess, but it seems to be a common theme for applicants who have recently arrived and applied to sponsor wife to go through longer scrutiny.

OmarSarfraz

Jul 25, 2014
If you were there for 4 months, were you able to show in your NOA that you had a job and had earned enough in the year prior to you having applied? I guess that is where they are having an issue - firstly, since you haven't spent enough time - they want to know whether you yourself have enough financial standing to afford a second person. Secondly - Canadian government loves taxes and it seems you wouldn't have paid nearly enough in 4 months. So 'eligibility' will probably be taking longer.

Again - like most - this is just a guess, but it seems to be a common theme for applicants who have recently arrived and applied to sponsor wife to go through longer scrutiny.
This is what I have from IRCC so far. This means Eligibility was passed or not?

• The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M), Ontario, on March 2, 2020.
  • The initial assessment to ensure the sponsor meets all the sponsorship requirements was finalized on August 14, 2020.
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if the sponsored person (the applicant) meets the eligibility requirements,

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
This is what I have from IRCC so far. This means Eligibility was passed or not?

• The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M), Ontario, on March 2, 2020.
  • The initial assessment to ensure the sponsor meets all the sponsorship requirements was finalized on August 14, 2020.
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if the sponsored person (the applicant) meets the eligibility requirements,
Oh, you're at Mississauga. That's probably why. I have read CPC-M is currently non-operational, and will continue to be that way till lockdown is eased. There were links with tweets etc going around regarding it. Might want to look that up.

Reactions: Social_Distancing

OmarSarfraz

Jul 25, 2014
Oh, you're at Mississauga. That's probably why. I have read CPC-M is currently non-operational, and will continue to be that way till lockdown is eased. There were links with tweets etc going around regarding it. Might want to look that up.
So this means Sponsor eligibility was met right? Lockdown restrictions are already eased up now. Whole world is working