+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

spousalCase416

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
am sorry for asking such a stupid question,
but i read somewhere that landing isnt allowed at the moment... is that true? or have i misunderstood? cause i saw some ppl complaining that their COPR is expired cause they couldnt land in canada
No, you probably misunderstood something somewhere. Flying to Canada is restricted but not banned for all. You can see all regulation protocols here.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/flying

To summarize. follow the normal 72 hour covid-19 testing to board flights. In our case, since our spouses will be traveling as foreign nationals, if they're asked, they just need to state that they are exempt from the travel restrictions since they are immediate family members. I'm assuming the documents IRCC will provide should state the relation with the spouse as well.

Shahzad326

Feb 2, 2021
Can anyone share his experience that after submitting ADR to LVO, what's the procedure left? Moreover how long it will take to hear back from LVO after ADR submitted.

Star Member
Nov 12, 2013
IMM5533E Question 4 (Police certificates and clearances) they ask for the police certificate from :

Canadian Police Certificate
If you (or a family member 18 or older have live in canada for last six month or canada is the country where you or they lived most of their life since the age of 18, police certificate of canada are not required at this time. IRCC will make a request on your behlf. check here if it applies to you.

do i need to tick on (canadian Police Certificate) since i am in canada and sponsoring my wife in pakistan.
if it doesnt applied to me , then my wife has brother in canada, does brother count in family memeber in canada?

Last edited:

Seeker007

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Did you have contact with CIC between that time?
I called CIC in Dec and got my temp file number. That was it. In the SA letter, they said file will be moved to LVO. Biometrics exempted, but still waiting for Medical. Some people are getting their first medical requests from LVO now. So may be ill have to wait for LVO to send the medical request.

sh_ed

Star Member
Dec 20, 2020
IMM5533E Question 4 (Police certificates and clearances) they ask for the police certificate from :

Canadian Police Certificate
If you (or a family member 18 or older have live in canada for last six month or canada is the country where you or they lived most of their life since the age of 18, police certificate of canada are not required at this time. IRCC will make a request on your behlf. check here if it applies to you.

do i need to tick on (canadian Police Certificate) since i am in canada and sponsoring my wife in pakistan.
if it doesnt applied to me , then my wife has brother in canada, does brother count in family memeber in canada?
They usually require for the applicant in your case for your wife. They don't usually ask that for the sponsor