+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

Glaciergal

May 3, 2018
we did no ruksati what we expext in interview any advise they ask me reply in 5 days to reply for interview
From what I have seen on this thread and on the Facebook page, interview is held to determine if a couple is in a genuine relationship. I believe they want to interview you since you are Nikkah only case and they want to meet you in person to decide that your relationship is genuine. They will ask the applicant questions about the sponsor's life in Canada and the sponsor's hobbies and interests. They might also ask you questions about how your wedding took place, who attended, how the marriage was arranged etc. You can find videos on Youtube from different law firms about spousal sponsorship interviews. They are very helpful as well.

arbab.amjad85

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
Is it possible to apply for an extension on an additional document request? My cousin got a request for police clearance from the UK, but we don’t think it’ll reach us before the 30 day time period given.
Is there an estimated time that the UK local police give for the background check. If it is beyond the deadline, I would email LVO, Urgent in the title, and inform them that the estimated date of reception of document is beyond the deadline. If the estimated date of PCC is before the deadline then wait until that day. If the PCC does not arrive on the estimated date email LVO then, with urgent in the subject, that the PCC is taking longer than estimated time

HannahZM

Aug 27, 2018
Does anyone know if applicants (overseas pakistani) MUST change marital status on NICOP before process begins?

OR should u change and submit uodated ID during the process?

OR is it ok if u dont change and submit ur id as it is?

Just curious!

Last edited:

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
Does anyone know if applicants (overseas pakistani) MUST change marital status on NICOP before process begins?

OR should u change and submit uodated ID during the process?

OR is it ok if u dont change and submit ur id as it is?

Just curious!
I believe u have to change it before u submit ur application

attitudeguyz

May 7, 2014
Category........
FAM
From what I have seen on this thread and on the Facebook page, interview is held to determine if a couple is in a genuine relationship. I believe they want to interview you since you are Nikkah only case and they want to meet you in person to decide that your relationship is genuine. They will ask the applicant questions about the sponsor's life in Canada and the sponsor's hobbies and interests. They might also ask you questions about how your wedding took place, who attended, how the marriage was arranged etc. You can find videos on Youtube from different law firms about spousal sponsorship interviews. They are very helpful as well.
Thanks

hasanqz

Jan 16, 2019
Just wondering if all Pakistani applications are transferred to London Visa Office as I am hearing that sometimes they process in Ottawa or Mississauga as well? Asking because it’s been a few weeks since I’ve completed medical and biometrics yet no notification yet of file being transferred anywhere. Any ideas ?

ns85

Mar 3, 2019
Just wondering if all Pakistani applications are transferred to London Visa Office as I am hearing that sometimes they process in Ottawa or Mississauga as well? Asking because it’s been a few weeks since I’ve completed medical and biometrics yet no notification yet of file being transferred anywhere. Any ideas ?
You tried calling IRCC? Because they are very vague in their answers in my experience.

Farwa89

Star Member
Sep 4, 2018
Sponsor's info used to process in Mississauga but recently changed to Ottawa...once completed, file is transferred to London office to process applicant's info for all Pakistani nationals

If you submitted your application a while ago and have not heard back, I suggest you call IRCC to get an update