+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

hasanqz

Jan 16, 2019
Hello,

I am a Canadian resident sponsoring my wife who is currently in Pakistan. I submitted my application in November 2018 and have got AOR1, medical done and biometrics done. Medical was received 2 weeks ago and since then no communication. Can someone please advise what the next steps are and how long the rest of the application might take.

HannahZM

Aug 27, 2018
Hello,

I am a Canadian resident sponsoring my wife who is currently in Pakistan. I submitted my application in November 2018 and have got AOR1, medical done and biometrics done. Medical was received 2 weeks ago and since then no communication. Can someone please advise what the next steps are and how long the rest of the application might take.
Well it is just the beginning. You gotta wait for months after the medical is accepted. Just keep yourselves busy and pray.

I have already completed my 12months and still no decision made. ( no reg flags, simple case)

hasanqz

Jan 16, 2019
Well it is just the beginning. You gotta wait for months after the medical is accepted. Just keep yourselves busy and pray.

I have already completed my 12months and still no decision made. ( no reg flags, simple case)
Really? The Gckey says expected completion as Nov 2019. Am I still able to apply for visit visa for my wife while the PR application is in progress? Any idea on how long visit visa application takes ?

HannahZM

Aug 27, 2018
Really? The Gckey says expected completion as Nov 2019. Am I still able to apply for visit visa for my wife while the PR application is in progress? Any idea on how long visit visa application takes ?
well me and my husband thought about applying for visit visa many times. But our lawyer suggest not to. Also on this forum people have same opinion. Some got theirs rejected aswell.

I feel it is better to hold a visit before you marry or before applying for spousal visa.

You need to have a reallyyl STRONG case to get that visit visa.

HannahZM

Aug 27, 2018
That new feature on GCKey which shows timeline, Mine is already over. So don't rely on it.

Last edited:

hasanqz

Jan 16, 2019
well me and my husband thought about applying for visit visa many times. But our lawyer suggest not to. Also on this forum people have same opinion. Some got theirs rejected aswell.

I feel it is better to hold a visit before you marry or before applying for spousal visa.

You need to have a reallyyl STRONG case to get that visit visa.
When did your medical get approved ?

mishalk

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Is it possible to apply for an extension on an additional document request? My cousin got a request for police clearance from the UK, but we don’t think it’ll reach us before the 30 day time period given.

paki786

Dec 14, 2010
I have 2 questions. What if we are not able to complete the medical within 30 days? I guess I just need to email LVO and let them know? Also, once the medical is done, how many days it takes to show the update on GCKEY/ECAS? I believe ECAS will update first and will show 'medical results have been received'?

hasanqz

Jan 16, 2019
I am march 2018 applicant. My medical request came in May. it was received and approved after like 2-3 days.
Oh so then what’s the reason for such a long delay? Do you think the time varies if the person being sponsored from Pakistan is a male or female? Like do they perform more extensive background checks for males? Anyone have any good stories for the amount of of time it took? Also, are all Pakistani applications still being processed at LVO or is it also in Canada now ?

HannahZM

Aug 27, 2018
Oh so then what’s the reason for such a long delay? Do you think the time varies if the person being sponsored from Pakistan is a male or female? Like do they perform more extensive background checks for males? Anyone have any good stories for the amount of of time it took? Also, are all Pakistani applications still being processed at LVO or is it also in Canada now ?
No idea why applications take so long.
I am 2018 applicant. My application is in LVO

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
Is it possible to apply for an extension on an additional document request? My cousin got a request for police clearance from the UK, but we don’t think it’ll reach us before the 30 day time period given.
u can get it before 30 days..i applied for my husbands uk police certificate n took 2 weeks n paid 40 pounds everything was done online

ns85

Mar 3, 2019
I have 2 questions. What if we are not able to complete the medical within 30 days? I guess I just need to email LVO and let them know? Also, once the medical is done, how many days it takes to show the update on GCKEY/ECAS? I believe ECAS will update first and will show 'medical results have been received'?
I think within a week you should see the update under ECAS that the medical is received. GCKEY update shows the status whether its passed or not.

Reactions: paki786

attitudeguyz

May 7, 2014
Category........
FAM
y
yes recently one got in 22 days but application should be strong bank statement and she need to show strong ties in Pakistan