+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

Huda Zehra

Oct 28, 2018
Can someone explain me two main terms of process one is Pre-arrival is that means your eligibility check is done and you are eligible to get visa that's y their are offering Pre arrival services ? Second is decision made. Is that means am done with all process of background check, criminal check or security??

wasiqjaved

Sep 15, 2007
Can someone explain me two main terms of process one is Pre-arrival is that means your eligibility check is done and you are eligible to get visa that's y their are offering Pre arrival services ? Second is decision made. Is that means am done with all process of background check, criminal check or security??
Pre-arrival services are only available if Principal Applicant have passed eligibility (i.e. in IRCC's eyes, your relationship is genuine). However, one still needs to clear Medicals, Criminality and BGC in order to get PPR.

Decision Made (DM) is triggered when:
a) everything is cleared, sorted out and they are now ready to issue you visa.
OR
b) they have reservations/doubts on your case and have refused your PR application. Refusal could also be from failing to clear Medicals, Criminality and/or BGC.

wasiqjaved

Sep 15, 2007
My wife received a request to submit her passport to Islamabad office. My question is, once I submit the passport to Islamabad how are they going to return the passport safely back to me in Karachi? which service do I hire? TCS or fedex?
You need to follow this official link : https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/pakistan/how_to_apply.html#temporary_documents

You can also follow VFS Passport submission guide by tuner274 : Passport submission - VFS - Pakistan specific information - Post PPR however, look for official link for latest fees and charges.

Average is around 2 to 3 weeks.

wasiqjaved

Sep 15, 2007
Hello,

I recently got a request from IRCC to submit the following documents to include my spouse I am a bit confused with the following.

1. Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or common-law partner (CLP).
Do I have to fill two separate forms one for myself and one for my spouse? If yes, then in my spouse's form will she mention me as dependent, since I am the primary applicant (sounds weird). Or should she fill the form with no dependants? Also the Imm0008 guide says that only primary applicant needs to fill this form so quite confused.

2. Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or common-law partner (CLP);
The form asks that the primary applicant should fill it, there is a field on top mentioning to put the principal applicant name in it. So do i have to fill this form again with all my travel details and the put my spouse travel details in section b ?

Please help regarding this.
1) No. Only PA needs to fill up IMM 0008 and add spouse' details as dependant on page 3 of 5. Document Checklist IMM5533 clearly state on Page 2 of 10 that this form is to be completed by Principal Applicant and their dependants if any (not sponsor).

2) Supplementary Information - Your Travels (IMM 5562) form should be completed by Principal Applicant only. It's mentioned on top of IMM 5562 form itself. Secondly, it comes under "Country Specific Requirements" (CSR) and it falls under forms to be completed by PA in Form IMM5533, not sponsor. This is a generic form used for other immigration streams as well, where both spouses apply for PR together, without any sponsor. For Spousal Sponsorship application, your sponsoring spouse is only considered as "Sponsor". You can write N/A next to section B, as it's not required in your case.

Huda Zehra

Oct 28, 2018
Pre-arrival services are only available if Principal Applicant have passed eligibility (i.e. in IRCC's eyes, your relationship is genuine). However, one still needs to clear Medicals, Criminality and BGC in order to get PPR.

Decision Made (DM) is triggered when:
a) everything is cleared, sorted out and they are now ready to issue you visa.
OR
b) they have reservations/doubts on your case and have refused your PR application. Refusal could also be from failing to clear Medicals, Criminality and/or BGC.
Thank you hoping to get ppr soon

Fza.mts

Jan 8, 2019
Hello, i just found this website... we have applied for spousal sponsorship recently, i need to know the next steps that are going to happen, can someone please give an overview... We have recieved acknowledgement of our application. Thanks in advance.

Wajeeh1234

Sep 26, 2018
Hello. I have seen people submitting sime extra proofs for proving their relationship like Facbook pictures etc. I saw that thread few months ago and now I cant find it. Can anyone of You help me what are the extra things needed? TIA

Ahmed15

Jul 7, 2015
Canada
My wife received a request to submit her passport to Islamabad office. My question is, once I submit the passport to Islamabad how are they going to return the passport safely back to me in Karachi? which service do I hire? TCS or fedex?
You need to submit your passport at VFS.
Address
Canada Visa Application Centre
Bahria Complex IV, 4th Floor,
Main Chaudhary Khaliq UZ Zaman Road.
Gizri, Clifton, Karachi

wasiqjaved

Sep 15, 2007
Hello, i just found this website... we have applied for spousal sponsorship recently, i need to know the next steps that are going to happen, can someone please give an overview... We have recieved acknowledgement of our application. Thanks in advance.
Kindly go through this Application Process link to get an understanding of process and stages of Spousal Sponsorship.

Reactions: Fza.mts