+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

Farwa89

Star Member
Sep 4, 2018
No it expires in June
i googled it and somebody (on this same forum- diff link) said that " 'not valid for travel' on the CoPR means that you must have a passport, you cannot travel on the CoPR alone"

can one of the experienced ppl here verify this info?

Ahmed15

Jul 7, 2015
Canada
Application submitted: 17th May
AOR 1:June 27th
Sponsor approval: June 27th
Medical request: June 27th
Medical done: July 20th
File transfer to LVO : July 20th
Process start: August 1st
Prearrival & DM: December 10th
PPR: December 10th
Passport Submitted: December 14th
COPR: Decemebr 21st

Thank you friends again

I just have one question - on the COPR it says "not valid for travel" - does anyone know why it says that?
Congratulations. Your sponsor would know this. Canadian CoPR is not a travel document, it's just a proof of Permanent Residency. It records the date, place of landing and security questions. For your first landing, you should have your passport with you (of course). You can't travel internationally (except US by road) after you land in Canada unless you have a valid PR card (which takes 62 days to arrive after landing) or temporary travel document. At this point, you do not need to worry though.

wasiqjaved

Sep 15, 2007
Application submitted: 17th May
AOR 1:June 27th
Sponsor approval: June 27th
Medical request: June 27th
Medical done: July 20th
File transfer to LVO : July 20th
Process start: August 1st
Prearrival & DM: December 10th
PPR: December 10th
Passport Submitted: December 14th
COPR: Decemebr 21st

Thank you friends again

I just have one question - on the COPR it says "not valid for travel" - does anyone know why it says that?
@pakgossin

COPR is definitely not a travel document. It's a status document and it only becomes valid if it's signed/stamped and dated by CBSA official at the time of landing. The statement on COPR is "Not valid for Travel" is mainly for commercial transport companies.

For your first trip to Canada, your Passport along with Single-Entry Immigrant Visa (if you're from non visa-exempt country) will be sufficient. PR card is mainly Airline's requirement because if they bring any non-status passenger into Canada, they will have to bear cost of taking that passenger back if entry is denied by CBSA official, airlines don't like taking such risks and simply deny passenger with incomplete or invalid documents.

Your 1st PR card is complementary. Once your COPR is ready and you become Permanent Resident, you will be asked for a Canadian Address so that your 1st PR card can be dispatched there. You don't have to fill any paperwork for 1st PR card.

PR card is mainly used for re-entering Canada via commercial transport, such as airlines, rail services, buses, etc. If you are filthy rich and you have your own personal plane, train, etc, you can use COPR. If you walk from US border to Canadian border, you can enter Canada by showing Passport and COPR, even if you don't have PR card. If using private vehicle, you can use other documents to show your status in Canada.

Source(s) :
CBSA - Transportation Company Obligations - Guide for Transporters
I need to leave Canada and I do not have a permanent resident card. Can I later return to Canada without a PR card?
Understand permanent resident status
Quora : Understanding PR Status

Reactions: pakgossin

Ga123

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
h

hi there
can u plz tell me how did u apply for the uk police certificate?
U have to apply it online
Just Google uk police certificate
Website with name ACRO will appeared
Just click on apply and follow the steps
And pay 40 pounds through card

Ahtisham01

Jan 24, 2018
Once you mail requested documents to lvo. How long does it take to make a decision. I have already recieved the pre arrival letter.

Thanks.

Pak0403

May 31, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
11/10/2017
Doc's Request.
5/12/2017
AOR Received.
5/12/2017
File Transfer...
20/04/2018
Med's Request
7/04/2018
Med's Done....
11/04/2018
Once you mail requested documents to lvo. How long does it take to make a decision. I have already recieved the pre arrival letter.

Thanks.
What documents??

Glaciergal

May 3, 2018
Hi Guys
I have received an explanation of the documents required by LVO in the PFL. They need an explanation for why I applied for PR after 13 months of my marriage. They think my marriage is not genuine because of this. I do not even understand why this is an issue. What is the right explanation that we can provide for this?

Secondly, they need proof that I will go back to Canada after my husband gets his PR. I have been living with my husband for almost two years now outside Canada. What kind of proofs can I provide for this?

Prabhjotmona

Mar 26, 2018
Hi Guys
I have received an explanation of the documents required by LVO in the PFL. They need an explanation for why I applied for PR after 13 months of my marriage. They think my marriage is not genuine because of this. I do not even understand why this is an issue. What is the right explanation that we can provide for this?

Secondly, they need proof that I will go back to Canada after my husband gets his PR. I have been living with my husband for almost two years now outside Canada. What kind of proofs can I provide for this?

Hmmm.. are you a citizen or a pr in Canada. A pr cant live outside of Canada more then 6 months so they are thinking that you doesn't want to stay in Canada and for new rules when a pr apply for Canadian citizenship they have to show pcc of the nation where they stay more then 6 months. Even with the Canadian citizen they ask a lot of questions why they been staying out of the country.as for your first questions you can say that you was preparing documents and looking for a better lawyer in case you hired one. There could be lots of stuff why you delay.

Kazem

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2017
Doc's Request.
24-03-2017
hey guys, if I take a provincial student loan to cover my studies, does it affect my spouses application?

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
hey guys, if I take a provincial student loan to cover my studies, does it affect my spouses application?
No.
They only check if you're on welfare/social assistance.
Student loans are fine.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Hi Guys

They want evidence that you're going to go to Canada after he gets PR Visa. Show some booking/plans etc or job applications/resumes sent to employers in Canada (anything to show your plans).
Explain to them why you applied late, normally people apply within 2-3 months after marriage or as soon as they arrive back in Canada. Let em know.