07-12-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2017
Med's Done....
13-12-2017
Asking for a friend :

Does it affect your application if you have received Social Assistance( welfare) in the past ? Maybe 3 -4 years ago , but the last year income was good , around 38-45k.
as far as i know, to sponsor, you should not be on welfare when you apply. i do not think it matters if previously you were on welfare.

it might be better to ask on the main forum as others may know more on this. or do a search on main forum for "welfare" or "social assistance" and you might find the answer also

Reactions: ksabir

A.Syed1

Apr 21, 2016
for number 1, do you have a job that gives you benefits like health insurance or anything else? you can put your wife as your beneficiary in those and as your spouse for health benefits etc. but you said soon to be wife, are you getting married before applying?
I'll have nikkah in Dec in Pakistan, but preparing application now so that I can apply as soon as I get back to Canada and then hopefully do rukshati as soon as she gets the PR.

I do have a job for which I get health benefits etc but no point in putting wife in that for now since she isn't even in Canada

Likx

Star Member
Jan 31, 2018
Hi folks my first medical exam expired 4 days back
Before in GCkey medical slought was like
(you passed the medical exam)
Now it turns into
(You do not need a medical exam )
Anybody onboard with same situation or any clue ?

paki786

Dec 14, 2010
I'll have nikkah in Dec in Pakistan, but preparing application now so that I can apply as soon as I get back to Canada and then hopefully do rukshati as soon as she gets the PR.

I do have a job for which I get health benefits etc but no point in putting wife in that for now since she isn't even in Canada
Add her when you return after your nikkah. She does not have to be in Canada. She can still be your beneficiary. I did this for my retirement plan and life insurance.

Reactions: A.Syed1 and posse

zubda345

May 28, 2018
Now it turns into
that means that you wont have to do another medical, they will just give you your PR. You are one of the lucky few.
Congrats

Reactions: Likx

Ahmed15

Jul 7, 2015
Canada
Now it turns into
In my humble opinion, its highly unlikely to be exempted from medical after its expiry (Correct me if somebody landed in Canada with expired medical please). Your medical should be valid at the time you enter into Canada. You may receive a 2nd medical request in near future.

Reactions: posse and AHC

zubda345

May 28, 2018
In my humble opinion, its highly unlikely to be exempted from medical after its expiry (Correct me if somebody landed in Canada with expired medical please). Your medical should be valid at the time you enter into Canada. You may receive a 2nd medical request in near future.
there have been some people like that. and yes the visa office sometimes extend your medical

arslankhalid88

Apr 1, 2018
Now it turns into
Me but yesterday it changed to We are reviewing your medical results. So its generic i think when you medica expires they change the status to “you do not need medical exam”
My medical got expired in april 2018 nd week after same thng happened to me.

AHC

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
Nomination.....
07-07-2017
AOR Received.
28-06-2017
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
17-07-2017

that's what my HR manager said too .. i can't add my hubby till he is physically here .. so it's a wait game ..

posse

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
17-10-2017
Doc's Request.
06-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-12-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2017
Med's Done....
13-12-2017
that's what my HR manager said too .. i can't add my hubby till he is physically here .. so it's a wait game ..
maybe its different company policies, but i was able to add my wife on my company benefits as beneficiary. ur HR manager probably does not know or maybe you did not ask about the right thing. it wont matter for your health benefits but if you have any rrsp or life insurance from your company you can add hubby as beneficiary even right now.

@A.Syed1 after your nikkah you can also change ur marital status on CRA and show that as proof also when you apply

Reactions: A.Syed1 and ksabir

Oashams

Oct 15, 2018
Hi guys,
Following is my timeline.
Case Received: April 16, 2018
Sponsorship approval: May 21
Medical submitted and passed: June 18th
Case forwarded to London office: July 19th, 2018 as per the portal for further processing it's transferred there.

Have not heard back so far

I got married in January 2018 and my wife went back to Canada after one month as she didn't get a visa to stay longer in Pakistan.
She is coming to visit me again for a month next week. I have two questions to ask if someone can oleapl help me with them.

1) Is it good for me to upload her paksitani visa, ticket, sponsorship letter, and pics of our time together again to show authenticity of relationship? We already gave too many proofs of our relationship since 2015.

2) How much time further should be expected to get the process completed? As it's getting so frustrating for me & my wife for not getting any information about our case.
3) how can I check the status of the case through call?
Can someone help here plz

Likx

Star Member
Jan 31, 2018
Can someone help here plz
Unless they not ask for further proofs no need to send anything and even if u want u can not send anything because with every request latter it is mention please send back this latter with required documents and last but least let me be very clear with u bro wait till april 2019 and enjoy ur every single moment in pakistan

Reactions: Oashams

A.Syed1

Apr 21, 2016
Hi guys... this might be a dumb question but where do I have to submit the application? Nova Scotia or Mississauga. The checklist says to apply to Family class if principal applicant is not residing in Canada and submit application to Nova Scotia. However, from what I've read on here most people have submitted to Mississauga despite their spouses not being in Canada. Sorry for the confusion. Please help.

Pak0403

May 31, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
11/10/2017
Doc's Request.
5/12/2017
AOR Received.
5/12/2017
File Transfer...
20/04/2018
Med's Request
7/04/2018
Med's Done....
11/04/2018
Hi guys... this might be a dumb question but where do I have to submit the application? Nova Scotia or Mississauga. The checklist says to apply to Family class if principal applicant is not residing in Canada and submit application to Nova Scotia. However, from what I've read on here most people have submitted to Mississauga despite their spouses not being in Canada. Sorry for the confusion. Please help.
It changed to Nova Scotia recently before it was Mississauga for Outland spousal applicants

Reactions: A.Syed1 and posse