+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

rafavl

Jun 27, 2018
Hey guys,

It was recommended to post these questions on this thread. My original post is here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spousal-sponsorship-application-questions-regarding-evidence-to-prove-relationship.568402/

The visa application asks to provide pictures of the marriage celebration, so we are planning on getting a court marriage and hosting a small reception the next time I visit (a traditional wedding, i.e. Church marriage and reception requires a lot of planning and will happen later, well after the submission of the visa application and hopefully soon after the arrival of the visa).

Note that we are Christian.

Does this court marriage celebration need to be grand; similar to a large wedding celebration with decorations, or will something small (ex. dinner at a restaurant with some decorations) with just close family and close friends suffice (there will be roughly 50 people)?

What sort of pictures of the ceremony and celebration are they expecting? Pictures at court? Just random pictures at the celebration? Do they want to see anything in particular (i.e. Church)?

Looking at the checklist, we need to show “Documentary evidence of financial support between you and your spouse, and/or shared expenses”.

If the sponsor makes global money transfers into the applicant’s bank account, and provide the receipt/confirmation showing the details of the transaction, will this be sufficient proof?

Or, do we need a joint bank account?

posse

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
17-10-2017
Doc's Request.
06-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-12-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2017
Med's Done....
13-12-2017
Hey guys,

It was recommended to post these questions on this thread. My original post is here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spousal-sponsorship-application-questions-regarding-evidence-to-prove-relationship.568402/

The visa application asks to provide pictures of the marriage celebration, so we are planning on getting a court marriage and hosting a small reception the next time I visit (a traditional wedding, i.e. Church marriage and reception requires a lot of planning and will happen later, well after the submission of the visa application and hopefully soon after the arrival of the visa).

Does this court marriage celebration need to be grand; similar to a large wedding celebration with decorations, or will something small (ex. dinner at a restaurant with some decorations) with just close family and close friends suffice (there will be roughly 50 people)?

What sort of pictures of the ceremony and celebration are they expecting? Pictures at court? Just random pictures at the celebration? Do they want to see anything in particular (i.e. Church)?

Looking at the checklist, we need to show “Documentary evidence of financial support between you and your spouse, and/or shared expenses”.

If the sponsor makes global money transfers into the applicant’s bank account, and provide the receipt/confirmation showing the details of the transaction, will this be sufficient proof?

i will try and take a stab at this. first, i am not sure how Christian Pakistani weddings work in terms of signing the contract, @ksabir is also a Christian Pakistani and can guide you. If you guys do sign a document for marriage, please make sure to take pictures while signing and ensure each of you is visible in the picture when signing.

your wedding can be a small or intimate event, but please make sure to explain and tell them it was a small event and make sure to have lots of pictures with you both together and with other guests and with family members of both your families. they do look for this.

also make sure you take pictures together anywhere you go, before or after the marriage.

yes receipts of money transfers for financial support are good. do not need to have a joint account.

ksabir

Apr 24, 2018
i will try and take a stab at this. first, i am not sure how Christian Pakistani weddings work in terms of signing the contract, @ksabir is also a Christian Pakistani and can guide you. If you guys do sign a document for marriage, please make sure to take pictures while signing and ensure each of you is visible in the picture when signing.

your wedding can be a small or intimate event, but please make sure to explain and tell them it was a small event and make sure to have lots of pictures with you both together and with other guests and with family members of both your families. they do look for this.

also make sure you take pictures together anywhere you go, before or after the marriage.

yes receipts of money transfers for financial support are good. do not need to have a joint account.
Good solid info @ posse . Thanks

Reactions: carolbb23 and posse

ksabir

Apr 24, 2018
Hey guys,

Still at work, will reply soon bro

ksabir

Apr 24, 2018
Hey guys,

1. Follow all the guidelines the members of this forum are stating. Regarding, photos, money transfer etc.
Have receipts from the banquet hall/ caterer/restaurant and send them as well
If you plan to go for honeymoon or at a hotel, get receipts with “ honeymoon” written on it with mr and Mrs ABC. ( that’s obvious)
2. As for the wedding , our Pakistani Christian weddings are done in 2 parta, nikkah in the church and reception somewhere else ( banquet hall, marquees)
What we did was, we just had 1 small function, asked the Pastor to officiate the marriage at the banquet hall itself. Then followed by reception. We had around 130 people only, close family n few friends.
I did not wear a white dress( as it was my 2nd marriage) just wore a lehnga.
The pastor gave us the marriage certificate from his church, which was in English,
We then took it to Nadra office and got an official Nadra nikkah namma( certificate ) also in English.

Now, my file is stil in initial stages, hasn’t been transferred to LVO yet. And I’m not sure what red flags will come up from their side , God willing, all will be well .

We can’t stress enough on the photos and communication between the two of you . Make sure take photos pre and post wedding and all . And label them when u send it out. As far as forms are concerned, do not leave anything blank .
The whole process is very straightforward if u keep an open mind and positive thinking.
Khuda ka naam lo.. and move forward.
All the best !

Reactions: posse

ksabir

Apr 24, 2018
1. Follow all the guidelines the members of this forum are stating. Regarding, photos, money transfer etc.
Have receipts from the banquet hall/ caterer/restaurant and send them as well
If you plan to go for honeymoon or at a hotel, get receipts with “ honeymoon” written on it with mr and Mrs ABC. ( that’s obvious)
2. As for the wedding , our Pakistani Christian weddings are done in 2 parta, nikkah in the church and reception somewhere else ( banquet hall, marquees)
What we did was, we just had 1 small function, asked the Pastor to officiate the marriage at the banquet hall itself. Then followed by reception. We had around 130 people only, close family n few friends.
I did not wear a white dress( as it was my 2nd marriage) just wore a lehnga.
The pastor gave us the marriage certificate from his church, which was in English,
We then took it to Nadra office and got an official Nadra nikkah namma( certificate ) also in English.

Now, my file is stil in initial stages, hasn’t been transferred to LVO yet. And I’m not sure what red flags will come up from their side , God willing, all will be well .

We can’t stress enough on the photos and communication between the two of you . Make sure take photos pre and post wedding and all . And label them when u send it out. As far as forms are concerned, do not leave anything blank .
The whole process is very straightforward if u keep an open mind and positive thinking.
Khuda ka naam lo.. and move forward.
All the best !
Also feel free to inquire more if needed

cookie_raider01

Star Member
Dec 22, 2017
To find the status of your application you emailed lvo directly or your lawyer did it?
Thank you for your feedback about the whole process. You mentioned you were sending updates to them via email about your communications, so was it you sending it directly or was it via your lawyer since I have a lawyer too so that's why clarifying.
I emailed LVO myself as well as IRCC webform. My lawyer had NO access. He said he likes clients to have access and check gcKey and ECAA yourself. In the beg of June I got a reply from LVO stating " Only sent documents through web IRCC not email" like the next day.

ICECUBEZ

May 21, 2018
I emailed LVO myself as well as IRCC webform. My lawyer had NO access. He said he likes clients to have access and check gcKey and ECAA yourself. In the beg of June I got a reply from LVO stating " Only sent documents through web IRCC not email" like the next day.
so you recommend sending to web IRCC? not email ? share the link thanks.

Zhabizz

Nov 19, 2017
Hi
I am 9May applicant 2017 i still wait for lvo any one knows when this waiting is finished i passed the eligibility and my background had been started from th middle of march?

ZK45

Star Member
May 3, 2018
Hi
I am 9May applicant 2017 i still wait for lvo any one knows when this waiting is finished i passed the eligibility and my background had been started from th middle of march?
You should contact LVO and find out what’s taking them so long. Ask them if they need any further documents from you as well.

Pak0403

May 31, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
11/10/2017
Doc's Request.
5/12/2017
AOR Received.
5/12/2017
File Transfer...
20/04/2018
Med's Request
7/04/2018
Med's Done....
11/04/2018
You should contact LVO and find out what’s taking them so long. Ask them if they need any further documents from you as well.
I don’t think that LVO can help you about it because background check are done by third party so if you send them an email they will tell you to wait for the background checks to be finished. Just pray and hope it ends soon.