+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

paki786

Dec 14, 2010
Can we first define what 'rukhsati' is? :p Is it the so called 'walima' or merely the bride and groom leaving the marriage hall together?

posse

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
17-10-2017
Doc's Request.
06-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-12-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2017
Med's Done....
13-12-2017
they want to see you standing together outside the hall, they want to see you both getting in the car and leaving etc.

in some cases they have even asked why was there no Quran on the brides head.....o_O

its like they have these checklists from the 1800's and they think we all follow the exact same traditions.

Reactions: humy.11.23

humy.11.23

Aug 30, 2017
they want to see you standing together outside the hall, they want to see you both getting in the car and leaving etc.

in some cases they have even asked why was there no Quran on the brides head.....o_O

its like they have these checklists from the 1800's and they think we all follow the exact same traditions.
It's really stupid, not everyone has the same type of functions. We just want to have one function in Canada because it doesn't make sense for us to have both when we're from two different countries. I can't believe they go as far as saying love marriages are not culturally acceptable LOL

Reactions: carolbb23

paki786

Dec 14, 2010
Nah...I hate drama...No one cried, no one made a scene...lol. It was a simple leave together and we took some pictures.

Also no one held Quran over her head and that was not on purpose.

AbDude

Apr 30, 2018
How much cash are you allowed to take in hand, as first time landed immigrant? I know for regular travellers it's CAD 10k. So is it the same for first timers as well? Will traveller's cheques be treated as cash too?

posse

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
17-10-2017
Doc's Request.
06-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-12-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2017
Med's Done....
13-12-2017
How much cash are you allowed to take in hand, as first time landed immigrant? I know for regular travellers it's CAD 10k. So is it the same for first timers as well? Will traveller's cheques be treated as cash too?
its 10K cad for new immigrants as well. travellers cheques count towards the 10K also.

however, please note, this is NOT a limit. you can bring as much as you want, you can bring a million in cash if you want, its just that you have to declare that you have more than 10K and they make you fill a form and question you where you got it from. it is not related to CRA or anything, its just for tracking purposes to make sure you are not bringing in black money or if the money is used for terrorist activities they can track where it came from etc.

saamar

Star Member
Mar 10, 2018
Which month applicant are you?
They asked me to sent more proofs.
June 26 Application Date. so July Applicant. My email was just a response on my inquiry. They said that the application awaits a full review and they will reach out in case something is needed.

imaca

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
It's really stupid, not everyone has the same type of functions. We just want to have one function in Canada because it doesn't make sense for us to have both when we're from two different countries. I can't believe they go as far as saying love marriages are not culturally acceptable LOL
This makes me worry bcz i dont have any photo of our rukhsati me and my wife was laughing at the time of rukhsati and there wasn’t any mallo drama scene. To be honest i dont think so this matters as one have shared dozen photos of barat, walima day and the post wedding photos and all they interested in rukhsati photo lameeeeee :rolleyes:

humy.11.23

Aug 30, 2017
This makes me worry bcz i dont have any photo of our rukhsati me and my wife was laughing at the time of rukhsati and there wasn’t any mallo drama scene. To be honest i dont think so this matters as one have shared dozen photos of barat, walima day and the post wedding photos and all they interested in rukhsati photo lameeeeee :rolleyes:
Agreed, they're just trying to find any way to be anal and annoying

Carl_johnson

Jun 23, 2017
UAE
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
24-July-2017
Doc's Request.
26-Oct-2017
AOR Received.
18-Oct-2017
File Transfer...
27-Nov-2017
Med's Request
26-Oct-2017
Med's Done....
05-Nov-2017
Hi everyone! I’m an October 2017 applicant and my file was transferred to LVO on February 1, 2018. The automated phone system (and GCKEY too, I’m assuming) says that both eligibility and bcg check are underway. I know this is different from most other’s timelines, where bcg check is one of the very last things to happen. Is there anyone in the same boat as me, or can anyone shed light on what will happen next with my application?

Calm down let me answer your question, LVO is keep improving their process and they are now a days . They starting BGC immediately . so this is normal. all the new cases in 2018 and end of 2017 are going with same trend. Their BGC starts even before transfering to LVO.

humy.11.23

Aug 30, 2017
Calm down let me answer your question, LVO is keep improving their process and they are now a days . They starting BGC immediately . so this is normal. all the new cases in 2018 and end of 2017 are going with same trend. Their BGC starts even before transfering to LVO.
They do the same with inland applicants doesn't necessarily mean it's faster though. My brother in law's bgc started first and medical was at the very end, still took the same amount of time.

Carl_johnson

Jun 23, 2017
UAE
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
24-July-2017
Doc's Request.
26-Oct-2017
AOR Received.
18-Oct-2017
File Transfer...
27-Nov-2017
Med's Request
26-Oct-2017
Med's Done....
05-Nov-2017
It's really stupid, n

ot everyone has the same type of functions. We just want to have one function in Canada because it doesn't make sense for us to have both when we're from two different countries. I can't believe they go as far as saying love marriages are not culturally acceptable LOL

Actually this was one of the reason for her rejection, she also told LVO that she will do the functions in Canada as all her family members are in Canada. Now she saying that after rejection she is going to do all her functions in Pakistan as her family now came to Pakistan to make formal wedding events.

humy.11.23

Aug 30, 2017
Actually this was one of the reason for her rejection, she also told LVO that she will do the functions in Canada as all her family members are in Canada. Now she saying that after rejection she is going to do all her functions in Pakistan as her family now came to Pakistan to make formal wedding events.
So her reason for rejection was that she wanted to do the function in Canada or that her statement contradicted itself, did she tell them in the interview she was going to do the function in Pakistan ? Confused..there are many people who choose to do the function here though..must have been more than that